Author Topic: Playstation Experience 2016

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
Playstation Experience 2016
« on: December 03, 2016, 10:41:08 AM »
Did not know whether I should start this new topic or just revive the one from last year. But Playstation Experience day 1 will be upon us in about 2 hours or so. With the huge rumors of Marvel vs Capcom 4, people will collectively lose their minds if true.

Not sure how it'll compare to last years event. But I'm personally looking forward to seeing more stuff about Ace Combat 7, Horizon, Death Stranding stuff and the new SF 5 character reveal. Capcom cup finals is also going to be at the event.  It's interesting nothing FF7R related is in the schedule though.

What are people looking forward to seeing?
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

glassjawsh

• Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
    • my backloggery
Re: Playstation Experience 2016
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 12:06:49 AM »
I sit, mouth agape, in anticipation for the sequel to the single greatest piece of fiction I've ever experienced.  And I mean that without the slightest inkling of hyperbole.

Looks like Naughty Dog is walking back on their original plans to end the Joel and Ellie story from first The Last of Us.

I have a lot of concerns about them being featured again.  Mostly stemming from the original being so perfect (and the ending being so poignant) that I can't imagine not being disappointed with anything short of another masterpiece.

I might finally have my ps4 killer app (just like the original TLoU was for PS3) that forces me to cave and buy the damn thing.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 12:14:29 AM by glassjawsh »

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 07:21:06 AM »
*checks highlights* Eh nothing that particularly interests me. Cool on the announcement of DRV3, but I preordered that yesterday without even knowing about the announcement. *gets to the last highlight* Ys Origins? O.o I was certainly never expecting that to get a stateside release. I don't recall whether it is supposed to be good or not, but w/e I'll play anything with Ys branding.

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 09:12:48 AM »
Welp, they showed some MVC infinite gameplay after Capcomcup(USA!), just not digging the art style. Hopefully it's just early and they have time to polish it up. Not sure what to make of what we've seen of RE7 and that's coming out surprisingly soon. Both that and Ace Combat 7 looked gorgeous though.

Surprised how much love japanese games got. I wonder how much of the audience knew Y's. That and Danganronpa on the big stage surprised me.

Crash Bandicoots unchanging facial expression was pretty hilarious and free Parappa the rapper demo remastered's pretty cool.

Akuma with his new lions mane hair looks awesome as well as his super. But clearly, the mvp of the show is KNACK 2.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 09:32:31 AM »
I am definitely in the "NO! NO! NO!" camp for a direct sequel to The Last of Us.
My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 11:26:14 AM »
*checks highlights* Eh nothing that particularly interests me. Cool on the announcement of DRV3, but I preordered that yesterday without even knowing about the announcement. *gets to the last highlight* Ys Origins? O.o I was certainly never expecting that to get a stateside release. I don't recall whether it is supposed to be good or not, but w/e I'll play anything with Ys branding.

Its been available Stateside for years now, just not for consoles yet (it did get me back into PC gaming after a long hiatus).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

natros

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 10:02:09 AM »
Looks like Naughty Dog is walking back on their original plans to end the Joel and Ellie story from first The Last of Us.

I have a lot of concerns about them being featured again.  Mostly stemming from the original being so perfect (and the ending being so poignant) that I can't imagine not being disappointed with anything short of another masterpiece.

I agree. I feel the story should be left where it is. It definitely has a once-off kind of vibe. I love how Joel's decision leaves players polarized in the end.

Different characters in the same universe would have been better in a new game, IMO.

With all of the sequel-itis going around these days, it's unsurprising, though.

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 09:34:24 PM »
Naughty Dog went through some personnel changes since The Last of Us. I'm afraid they are going to mess up. The stakes are so high! TLOU 2 will definitely make the money, but at what cost?

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 11:38:06 AM »
Idk, I feel like TLOU ended on a lame note. Bringing them back is a preferred idea for me, I'd like to see what comes of, at the very least, Ellie and her role in it all. She was too important in the end to simply let her walk away with no further involvement. Joel could be more passive this time, but I'd like his story to have a more solid ending as well, even if it means he dies a horrible death to drive Ellie into something stupid. It was a good ending sure, but these artsy ambiguous endings always leave a shitty taste in my mouth. I want a resolution damnit.

TASTY!

natros

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 12:01:19 PM »
^ I also agree with you... in a sense.
I don't mind ambiguous endings, but I also wouldn't mind finding out what happens to the pair after first game. However, I still stand by what I said, in that I think other characters should have been the main focus in a new game, with J&E perhaps being secondary. ...I guess I just worry that there will be potential burnout, since we already know J&E's back stories (for the most part), and how they are together. It's like, "Oh hai! Seems we're a bit older now. You ready to do that same shit all over again, with some potentially different locations and enemies?" There had better be some real crazy plot twists, or some such, to keep it interesting.