Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2016, 08:19:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
239244 Posts in 7113 Topics by 2359 Members
Latest Member: RetroRPGFan8048
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The unofficial "recommend me a game" thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print
Author Topic: The unofficial "recommend me a game" thread.  (Read 22082 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: December 29, 2015, 05:23:50 AM »

A. Tales of Zesteria
B. Trails of Cold Steel
C. Neither

nvm picked up Trails of Cold Steel for fear of the last retail copy in the area disappearing. Tales of Zesteria will have to wait another few months until it's on sale during a PSN sale. I'm actually kind of tempted to sit on ToCS until I finish some of the other games I'm working on in case I change my mind and decide to sell my still-sealed CE for some extra dosh.

Zesty's on Steam so its currently the lowest of low priorities, especially since its kinda jank (or at least more so than your usual Tales of Game), though being familiar with the plot will likely be advisable for any Besty playthroughs since I can't imagine that game's plot not being heavily married to Zesty's MC and plot (or not because lol Tales of Plots).

Cold Steel is honestly, the best choice if you had to play one now, but I can't begrudge you any if you don't since there's like the better part of two dozen JRPGs coming out/out now that you could pick from instead.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2016, 06:05:57 PM »

Has anybody here played Zack & Wiki for the Wii? It's on the Wii U eShop now. $20 is a bit steep for me right now, but it seems hard to find on disc, so I'm wondering whether or not it'd be worth the price tag, but I doubt I'll ever find it for less. I rented it back in 2008, but only for a short time, and my tastes have changed since then. Any help here would be appreciated.

Yes, I rewrote the whole thing. Even I didn't know what I was trying to say before...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:35:16 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Towns Car Marty
For Play in Town and Car!
RPGFan Editor

Crocodile, Side-Eye Style

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #197 on: January 29, 2016, 06:16:32 AM »

Never played it but I've heard it praised a solid adventure game with some diabolical Sierra-style puzzles. The Retronauts Crew seem to feel it holds up.

Klutz64
I Like Wacky Hats

Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: May 05, 2016, 06:11:07 PM »

Overwatch is nice and all, but it's not blowing me away. It feels very vanilla, like it just plays the team shooter safe and feels like its lacking features, such as progression or rewards for specializing a character.

Anyway, its already paid for but can easily be swapped for something different. So posting here to see if anyone knows of any other games coming out around the same time that I might like better.

EDIT: I suppose I'll pick up Overwatch anyway. When I think about it, the game is fun and the lack of features doesn't dissuade me as much as it could since Blizzard has always been good about supporting their games post-launch.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 12:39:34 PM by Klutz64 » Logged

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
glassjawsh

Salvum est Vita!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: May 17, 2016, 03:57:48 PM »

Ugh, too many to chose from

My girlfriend will be gone for 6 weeks starting in June so I'll have a lot of free time to really dive into something

so which game (that I should have played/finished by now) should I dust off (and which one would you actually like to see an LP on?)

Baroque (PS2)
Radiata Stories (PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei III (PS2)
Grandia III (PS2)
Tales of Legendia (PS2) yes really
Final Fantasy X (PS3) I've still never played this in any form
Star Wars: KOTOR II (Xbox)
Breath of Death/Cthulhu Saves the World/Doom and Destiny (XBLA)
Skies of Arcadia Legends (GCN)

thanks

Towns Car Marty
For Play in Town and Car!
RPGFan Editor

Crocodile, Side-Eye Style

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2016, 04:19:45 PM »

Baroque isn't really a game you can "finish" if I remember correctly, but it's quite a trip.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2016, 05:02:29 PM »

Baroque isn't really a game you can "finish" if I remember correctly, but it's quite a trip.

Same with the XBox version of KoTOR 2 (minus it being a trip). You're better off playing that one on PC if you can help it (even if you opt out of the restored content mod, there's still other QoL mods that are more easily available than on the ye'olde XBrick).

That said, I'd go with Skies of Arcadia Legends first, unless the GCN is too hard to find/bother digging up, at which point I'd suggest Radiata Stories.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
glassjawsh

Salvum est Vita!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2016, 07:12:58 PM »

Baroque can be beaten. That is to say, you can see the end credits, which is my ultimate goal.

Also my gamecube still works great and I have a copy of SoA I bought from natros. 

I suppose I'll just flip a coin between those two once I finish SO:FD

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: