Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 08:36:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332947 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 57513 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2100 on: October 01, 2014, 07:48:44 PM »

I've been playing the fuck out of The Old Republic.  Can't decide on a class or a faction, so I've put in roughly a billion hours into a MMORPG where I don't have a character past level 25.  Jesus.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2101 on: October 01, 2014, 08:06:45 PM »

Started Tales of Vesperia for the first time ever yesterday. Man, it felt like stepping into some old shoes, in that I haven't played a solid JRPG in years. 'Twas all I played in the 90s.
I'm loving the graphics/designs, and the music is fantastic. I didn't get very far, as I had limited time to play. I'm only at the point right after you meet El.. Elissessseese(whatever her name is), and fight that nutty rust/blonde haired dude (ain't I great with names?).  I like Yuri so far. Seems to be a sensible fellow. LOVE Repede. I read that Flynn is unplayable in this (Xbox) version. Hopefully I'm not missing out on an awesome fighter.
The game's opening looks like the game contains plenty of typical anime characters.. I guess time will tell on that one. As with most Tales games, combat is a blast. I'm looking forward to sinking hours into this one.
Had to get reacquainted with the static camera and save points. I've gotten so used to (spoiled by) the "freedom" of western RPGs.

That was also my initial response to Vesperia!

... After about ten hours I gave up and it's pretty solidly in my bottom five JRPGs, and also damn near killed my interest in the genre.

It's also the reason why I went with a 360 over a PS3, so I was pretty miffed for a bit, until I discovered Qute and Cave.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:25:16 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2102 on: October 01, 2014, 10:46:39 PM »

I started up Alan Wake the other night. It took me a while to get used to the controls on the computer. I so very rarely play games this way that I pretty much hate it. I wonder if I can use my PS3 controller somehow. I understand that a 360 controller can be used, but that would require whatever cord is needed for that.
Anyway, controls issues aside, I'm pretty intrigued. I'll definitely keep playing.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2103 on: October 01, 2014, 10:51:02 PM »

I started up Alan Wake the other night. It took me a while to get used to the controls on the computer. I so very rarely play games this way that I pretty much hate it. I wonder if I can use my PS3 controller somehow. I understand that a 360 controller can be used, but that would require whatever cord is needed for that.
Anyway, controls issues aside, I'm pretty intrigued. I'll definitely keep playing.

Alan Wake definitely is a good time, and I feel like this time of year is a great time to play it. Additionally, it's not terribly long, I was able to finish it in a week playing a couple hours a night. What's great is how the game is naturally broken up, which create great stopping points for the night.
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2104 on: Today at 01:18:44 AM »

Destiny and Theatrhym Curtain Call have been consuming my life, which since I'm now on vacation for a week means even more time spent farming both games. The profilecard map trading thing is useful though as the number of shards you get for clearing each boss for the first time is huge and some maps have 3 bosses. Gotta trade some friend codes

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: