Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2016, 07:22:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
237055 Posts in 7070 Topics by 2350 Members
Latest Member: octorick
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The 3D on the 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The 3D on the 3DS  (Read 116 times)
missRPGirl

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2016, 07:54:34 AM »

Anyone here find the 3D feature to be so gimmicky? Not that I have very many 3DS games but most of the time the 3D has to be perfectly align or else it starts looking crazy. It hurts my eyes and probably because I need to wear glasses. And I've never seen a game really take advantage of the 3D aspect for me to really even keep it on. Don't get me wrong I think the feature is cool but half of the time I don't bother with it.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 06:09:50 PM »

Not gimmicky per se, just poorly used a lot, and also prone to like... doubling.

The Sega 3D Classics stuff uses it to really good effect tho.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tooker
Administrator

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 06:16:53 PM »

I rarely use it - just when I'm reviewing a game and need to be able to comment on it.

That said, I got a New 3DS a while back, and its face tracking really does help.  It's not a magic bullet, but it's absolutely helpful.

(I feel the need to justify myself - my original 3DS was a day 1 piece of hardware, and the buttons weren't working any more.)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Andrew
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 06:21:27 PM »

I actually really like it, but it often results in the FPS suffering, so I tend to only turn it on for cool moments/cut-scenes etc.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 06:22:09 PM »

3d in its entirety is a sick joke, especially for most people who wear glasses. It rarely works and generally just gives you a headache.

TASTY!
IhaveFURY
RPGFan Editor

Rocker, roller, out-of-controller.

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 06:25:33 PM »

The only time I ever used it was in Link Between Worlds where it actually helped with depth perception in dungeons. Otherwise the slider stays firmly "off," even if I have a New 3DS now.

Hathen
You think this would be funny?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 06:25:57 AM »

I turn it on occasionally, but never more than maybe 2 or 3 minutes at a time, usually when watching a cutscene or something. I can't see 3D as anything but a gimmick in any medium, movies or games.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 11:14:45 AM »

I really only turn it on for cutscenes. I haven't found it to be useful at all. I think the added expense of the 3D and consumers' not caring is what gave the 3DS such a slow start when it first released. I know I wasn't interested until FE: Awakening came out.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: