Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2015, 09:44:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
360393 Posts in 14629 Topics by 2274 Members
Latest Member: DucretAlex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 951673 times)
natros
Yes, I Cannabis!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14850 on: July 02, 2015, 10:10:35 AM »

Happy Birthday. Welcome to the dirty thirty club. I'm hitting 35 next month, and I know there are at least several older heads than me here. In other words, you're in good company, fella.
Turning 30 hit me a little hard, too. I also thought of it as an early mid life crisis, which it may have been... Anyway, just remember to follow the gospel of Aaliyah: Age ain't nothing but a number. Fer shizzle. It just comes down to the fact that you're only as old as you feel. That saying is thrown around a lot, but it's true. Kill the anxiety induced countdown that's in your head, and enjoy life as you see fit. Stop worryin, and start livin. <Additional inspirational sentence>.
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14851 on: July 02, 2015, 11:24:53 AM »

I turned 37 back in May and I must say, my 30s have been way more fun, interesting, memorable, and just plain more awesome than my teens or my 20s combined.  I look better than I did in my teens and 20s.  I'm healthier/in better shape than in my teens and 20s.  I'm a lot more social/outgoing than in my teens/20s.  And I have plenty more adventures (mostly cycling, several with two touring bands).  And it slays me at work (I work at a high school) that I'm STILL sometimes mistaken for a student.  

I'm really glad that I didn't have the best years of my life in my teens or 20s.  I mean, if high school's the best years of your life and it's all downhill from there, that means you peaked early and it's a VERY long road downhill.  To be honest, I still don't think I've experienced the best years of my life yet.  The best is yet to come.  I'mma be 40 and fabulous soon!  

Life doesn't end with your 30s.  It's only just beginning.  And isn't there a French proverb that says something like a woman becomes truly interesting around age 35 or so?  Considering women peak sexually in their dirty 30s, that would make sense.  

EDIT: My haps:
I auditioned for two audiobook narrations yesterday and I got them both!  I'm batting 1000 on this!  This will make a total of 4 audiobook narrations under my belt.  The first two I ever auditioned for last year, I got!  And getting two more?  I'm on my way to becoming a legit voiceover artist!  Maybe you WILL hear my voice in a video game someday! 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 01:57:56 PM by Dincrest » Logged

I have nothing funny to say.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14852 on: July 03, 2015, 02:58:32 PM »

Blah, according to the news this heatwave is going to last till Tuesday and tomorrow may very well be the hottest day of the year. It's 28C inside and there probably won't be much time to cool down during the night, which means it may very well go up to 30C tomorrow. My bedroom has already hit 35, so the floor of my study is starting to look very inviting.

Oh well, atleast there's a storm to look forward to tomorrow. I hope it'll be one with lotsa rain.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14853 on: July 03, 2015, 03:03:40 PM »

Whenever I watch old stuff from the 90s and like, aside from musicians and actors, people always look/act way older than they were. Like people in their mid-20s seemed ancient in the 90s? I know people joke about Masahiro Sakurai looking like he's aging backwards, but I get that from a lot of people -- there's plenty of people I know that look/act a lot younger at 40/50 than they did at 30.

idk different ideas for different generations about what maturity means I guess.

Meanwhile, it rained again today. So that's like... four or five days over the past three? weeks where we haven't had any rain.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

glassjawsh
insolent cur

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #14854 on: July 03, 2015, 03:12:08 PM »

Blah, according to the news this heatwave is going to last till Tuesday and tomorrow may very well be the hottest day of the year. It's 28C inside and there probably won't be much time to cool down during the night, which means it may very well go up to 30C tomorrow. My bedroom has already hit 35, so the floor of my study is starting to look very inviting.

Oh well, atleast there's a storm to look forward to tomorrow. I hope it'll be one with lotsa rain.

Do the Dutch not believe in A/C?  Or does it just not usually get hot enough to need one? 

In Indiana 28-35C (80-95F) is pretty much every day from late may until early september.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14855 on: July 03, 2015, 03:33:18 PM »

Do the Dutch not believe in A/C?  Or does it just not usually get hot enough to need one? 

In Indiana 28-35C (80-95F) is pretty much every day from late may until early september.

AC in homes considered a real luxery over here, because you'd need it a few weeks a year total on avarage. And I guess AC in itself is considered rather wasteful. You just have to suck it up and wait for the heat to pass. Normally I wouldn't complain, but with a heat wave this long there's no real chance to bring down the temperature inside with just strategic window opening/closing.

So much window opening/closing...

It's like one of those puzzles in games.

In my case I:
1. Open up doors and windows at 10PM.
2. Stay up until midnight so I can get most out of my balcony door.
3. Try to sleep and wake up around 5AM to close the windows and curtains on the east side.
4. Try to get some more sleep before my bedroom heats up again.
5. Close window (and curtain) on the west side before 10AM.
6. Loop back to 1.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14856 on: July 03, 2015, 03:41:42 PM »

I have been traveling everywhere on foot as of late because I got the bright notion that my car was a luxury I no longer wanted (kept it, just refuse to use it on account of "crazy")

Northeast PA has seen freak 10-30 minute monsoon weather spuratically this week. I suspect some higher intelligence has synchronized these weather patterns with my walking but I don't have proof yet.

I think I'm having a pre-mid life crisis. I turn 30 today, and for the first time in years I feel comfortable financially and physically (somewhat). It's making me antsy, like I want something to happen to mess up this comfort and get me back to nonchalant worrying. Worse yet, I feel like I missed out on so much now and that if I did it now or soon, i'd just be doing it for the sake of having done it and not because I want to.

I just wanna sit back down, play some video games, work when I can, work out when I can't, and meet a girl who just wants to hang around and watch funny crap like rick and morty or super troopers. If I can throw some chill time in with my buddies, that'd be swell. I don't think that's too much, is it?

I just turned 30 last month too!! **HIGH FIVE*** (for growing younger!) Happy B-Day buddy.

On that note, I've been reflecting on how I clearly have not aged appropriately. At 30 I have the same interests and values I had when I was 12- Make pretty pictures and play the coolest video games as much as possible whilst blitzing through the rest of existence at warp 9 to get back to the pretty pictures and games. These values work for me because A) I get to make the pretty pictures on skin and B) The games got WaaaaaaaY better.

It is my fear that someday I may develop a labido again and compromise all this ^^ with females and bad decisions like I did my late teens and twenties. I feel like I squeezed enough "crisis" and "drama" in THOSE years to have met my quota.

Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14857 on: July 03, 2015, 05:23:33 PM »

At 30 I have the same interests and values I had when I was 12

On my 34th birthday, my friend Deanna (lead singer for a kickass band called Mistress) said to me, "Neal, you're not 34.  You're 8!"  It made me laugh and I still think it's one of the best birthday messages I'd ever gotten. 

I have nothing funny to say.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14858 on: Today at 05:03:59 AM »

I think I just convinced atleast three people to buy Oreshika while it's on sale. On one hand I'm sorta proud because I still got it, but on the other I'm kind of worried because most of these people aren't nameless readers. I hope they like it! D:
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: