Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 08:25:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335318 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 65 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 98492 times)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2010, 08:35:54 PM »

Extra long Podcast but it was never a dull moment. Great topics you guys discussed and I'm extremely happy About the next Podcast. Talking about some soundtracks, lol! Seriously, if there is one thing great about FFXIII and Rob may disagree is that XIII had an AMAZING soundtrack. Happy New Years everyone and stay safe!

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2010, 04:06:21 AM »

FFXIII has a very awesome soundtrack. Thanks for your kind words as well! I was very glad to finally be back on, as well, even though they made fun of my very great beard.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2011, 12:02:19 PM »

A new episode is coming....
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2011, 08:14:17 PM »

A wild Podcast approaches!

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2011, 08:42:35 PM »

A new episode is coming....

I can't wait :)

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2011, 11:57:20 PM »

I'm starting to think we're just making the show for Ivalice, lol. 
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2011, 10:24:41 AM »

I listen too... although I'm staff, so I'm not sure if that counts.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2011, 02:40:56 PM »

I listen to you guys at work. Makes the work more fun for sure.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2011, 12:23:20 PM »

The new podcast is up! Definitely stick around for the soundtrack discussion even if you don't care much for soundtracks, it's pretty interesting (and I wasn't even on this episode)!

Also, if anyone was having issues downloading the podcast from the RSS feed or iTunes last night, I just fixed the problem so get listening!
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2011, 02:53:44 PM »

I'm starting to think we're just making the show for Ivalice, lol. 

Ha ha!  It is for me j/k!  As soon as I get my butt out of bed, i'm going to listen to the podcast. My work hours at the hospital are so stupid anymore.  I get off at 2 am and when I get home, I get wired to play some games and not go to bed until 6:30 am, lol! 

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2011, 05:10:07 PM »

Ok guys, I just finished listening and as expected, great discussions!  I liked how you talked about all genre's of video game music.  Comparing Melody driven music versus Ambient.  There are certain ambient songs that stick with me and that is all of Masashi Hamauzu's ambient songs.  Take Wandering Flame from Final Fantasy X, truly the best ambient song i've ever heard!  Actually, getting off topic for a second, the actual ambient genre is really good, notable artists such as Ulrich Schnauss is quite possibly the best in the genre, check him out if you can.  I think that Xenogears could be revisited.  I hope whenever Mitsuda can release the long awaited Chrono Cross arranged album, we could possibly see something good on a new Chrono game instead of hearing "If people want a new Chrono game, keep buying Chrono Trigger on the DS" thats basically what Shinji Hashimoto said,lol.

@Ramza, here is a list of my soundtrack collection (I hope i'm allowed to post links, if not I apologize!)

http://vgmdb.net/db/collection.php?do=view&userid=7247

Soundtracks  I have been really listening to are: Opoona, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Phantasy Star Online and the Intelligent Qube Soundtrack.  There are certain games that have great soundtracks but there not memorable like Gears of War, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and Fable III.  Granted i'm not saying their bad soundtracks, just not memorable.  Anyways, thanks everyone for making this podcast happen, it made me happy.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2011, 05:22:53 PM »

Glad it made you happy :D

I love the PSO soundtrack-- when the game first came out and I was mortally opposed to it just because it WASN'T Phantasy Star V, it was the only part of the game I liked (I love the game now). I think they have a lot of great sounds in that soundtrack and I love the high-tech, electronic feel of it. It really feels like I always imagined a modern PS soundtrack would sound. That's to say nothing of the version 2 and PSOeIV soundtracks, which actually included some remixes and notes from the original series... which made me giddy like a schoolgirl. The PSP2 soundtrack did this as well. HAPPY ME.

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2011, 05:29:10 PM »

I still need to play PSP2.  I played Phantasy Star 0 last year.  I had mixed feelings about it.  It had the feel of PSO but at the same it didn't.  I enjoyed the game I guess.  The music was meh though.

KisakiProject

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2011, 02:46:11 PM »

Quite and interesting discussion on soundtracks.  Its interesting that you bring up how thing shave become more complex and this more forgettable.  NES games did have to have hooks to catch your attention like pop music.   However they had a lot of odd time signatures and other features that made the music have more depth then pop.  Really enjoyed it.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2011, 01:28:07 AM »

My favorite NES Soundtrack is and will always be Batman :)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 65 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: