Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 214154 times)

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
Re: RPGFan Podcast Thread
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2011, 06:29:05 PM »
I'm behind 4 eps!

CRIPES!

I'll listen to them during a marathon session of fallout or something else

MindCandy

« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2011, 09:51:25 AM »
I usually listen to them while grinding for... whatever. Eagle eggs in NIER, arena battles in Resonance of Fate, stuff like that.

You know, I've been an RP gamer since the 8 bit days and I never remember grinding being as bad as it seems to be these days. I mean you spend hours looking for one stupid drop. Maybe it's just that I don't remember it as well, but I'm sure it wasn't always this annoying
Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor

Ivalice Alliance

• Valendia Knights of the Peace
  • Reinforcements? I am the reinforcements.
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »
I like listening to them at work when I work the late shift and Im by myself.  It helps the night go by faster :)
[Gamer, Collector] 🎮

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian, Resident Evil

Waiting On: Shenmue III, Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, Persona 5, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Nioh, NieR: Automata

Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2011, 01:36:34 PM »
What other game podcasts do you all listen to? besides RPGfan I like gameinformer.

For me to listen to a podcast the people have to seem like people I'd hang out and game with. I get that from GI and here.

Ivalice Alliance

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2011, 01:47:14 PM »
I tried listening to RPGgamer's podcast but I couldn't get into them for some reason.  I love the guys here at RPGfan.com better :)
[Gamer, Collector] 🎮

Waiting On: Shenmue III, Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, Persona 5, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Nioh, NieR: Automata

Annubis

« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2011, 02:10:27 PM »
I usually don't listen to gaming podcast because most people who do them are monetary linked to the gaming industry and thus often say bullshit. This one is nice because, other than personal vendettas, it's pretty unbiased.

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2011, 02:19:31 PM »
I will be the first to admit my bias towards Kingdom Hearts and anything relating to the King's Quest series.
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

PaleRobbie

• Podcast Host
  • Administrator
  • Fear the old blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2011, 03:01:37 PM »
And I hate you for it...

MindCandy

« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2011, 03:15:13 PM »
Oh come on Rob, I can understand hating on KH, I can't stand it either, but Kings Quest was a great series. Or at least it was back when I used to play it on PC
Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
PSP - Disgaea

PaleRobbie

• Podcast Host
  • Administrator
  • Fear the old blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2011, 04:59:05 PM »
I actually never played King's Quest, so I really can't speak to it.  That said, I'm always looking for an excuse to rip on Stephen when it comes to KH.

And once again, I can't say how much I love to read the support you guys give the show on the boards.  We weren't even sure if anyone was listening to the show besides the editors and Ivalice Alliance.  Glad you guys are enjoying it!

sandiny0ursh0es

« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2011, 05:09:55 PM »
I tried listening to RPGgamer's podcast but I couldn't get into them for some reason.  I love the guys here at RPGfan.com better :)

I started listening to RPGamer podcasts first since they've been doing it longer, but compared to RPGFan's, their show is frankly just really boring. There's a lot of dead air and unmeaningful conversation. RPGFan's podcast has good, informative discussions with a little humor mixed in, and it feels a lot more focused than RPGamer.

Ivalice Alliance

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2011, 05:51:11 PM »
Thats exactly how I felt. With RPGFan i just feel right at home and its always a blast listening :)
[Gamer, Collector] 🎮

Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2011, 06:01:50 PM »

And once again, I can't say how much I love to read the support you guys give the show on the boards.  We weren't even sure if anyone was listening to the show besides the editors and Ivalice Alliance.  Glad you guys are enjoying it!

It's the perfect thing to listen to at 3am, with bloodshot eyes, empty beer bottles and food wrappers littering the ground, while playing some rpgs

Take that as a compliment... or not :)

Ivalice Alliance

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2011, 06:05:27 PM »

It's the perfect thing to listen to at 3am, with bloodshot eyes, empty beer bottles and food wrappers littering the ground, while playing some rpgs

Hahaha! I would love to be a guest speaker on the podcast but id probably sound like a complete dumbass and start stuttering lol.
[Gamer, Collector] 🎮

MindCandy

« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2011, 06:17:42 PM »

Hahaha! I would love to be a guest speaker on the podcast but id probably sound like a complete dumbass and start stuttering lol.

You know, this is actually the first podcast I've listened too regularly, and also the first one I've listened to where I thought it would be fun to actually be on it. it gets the job done without treating itself like the gamer version of 20/20 or something.
Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
PSP - Disgaea