Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 08:15:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329941 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 64 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 88418 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2011, 06:29:05 PM »

I'm behind 4 eps!

CRIPES!

I'll listen to them during a marathon session of fallout or something else
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2011, 09:51:25 AM »

I usually listen to them while grinding for... whatever. Eagle eggs in NIER, arena battles in Resonance of Fate, stuff like that.

You know, I've been an RP gamer since the 8 bit days and I never remember grinding being as bad as it seems to be these days. I mean you spend hours looking for one stupid drop. Maybe it's just that I don't remember it as well, but I'm sure it wasn't always this annoying

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »

I like listening to them at work when I work the late shift and Im by myself.  It helps the night go by faster :)

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2011, 01:36:34 PM »

What other game podcasts do you all listen to? besides RPGfan I like gameinformer.

For me to listen to a podcast the people have to seem like people I'd hang out and game with. I get that from GI and here.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2011, 01:47:14 PM »

I tried listening to RPGgamer's podcast but I couldn't get into them for some reason.  I love the guys here at RPGfan.com better :)

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2011, 02:10:27 PM »

I usually don't listen to gaming podcast because most people who do them are monetary linked to the gaming industry and thus often say bullshit. This one is nice because, other than personal vendettas, it's pretty unbiased.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2011, 02:19:31 PM »

I will be the first to admit my bias towards Kingdom Hearts and anything relating to the King's Quest series.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2011, 03:01:37 PM »

And I hate you for it...
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2011, 03:15:13 PM »

Oh come on Rob, I can understand hating on KH, I can't stand it either, but Kings Quest was a great series. Or at least it was back when I used to play it on PC

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
PSP - Disgaea
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2011, 04:59:05 PM »

I actually never played King's Quest, so I really can't speak to it.  That said, I'm always looking for an excuse to rip on Stephen when it comes to KH.

And once again, I can't say how much I love to read the support you guys give the show on the boards.  We weren't even sure if anyone was listening to the show besides the editors and Ivalice Alliance.  Glad you guys are enjoying it!
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2011, 05:09:55 PM »

I tried listening to RPGgamer's podcast but I couldn't get into them for some reason.  I love the guys here at RPGfan.com better :)

I started listening to RPGamer podcasts first since they've been doing it longer, but compared to RPGFan's, their show is frankly just really boring. There's a lot of dead air and unmeaningful conversation. RPGFan's podcast has good, informative discussions with a little humor mixed in, and it feels a lot more focused than RPGamer.

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2011, 05:51:11 PM »

Thats exactly how I felt. With RPGFan i just feel right at home and its always a blast listening :)

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2011, 06:01:50 PM »

And once again, I can't say how much I love to read the support you guys give the show on the boards.  We weren't even sure if anyone was listening to the show besides the editors and Ivalice Alliance.  Glad you guys are enjoying it!

It's the perfect thing to listen to at 3am, with bloodshot eyes, empty beer bottles and food wrappers littering the ground, while playing some rpgs

Take that as a compliment... or not :)
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2011, 06:05:27 PM »

It's the perfect thing to listen to at 3am, with bloodshot eyes, empty beer bottles and food wrappers littering the ground, while playing some rpgs

Hahaha! I would love to be a guest speaker on the podcast but id probably sound like a complete dumbass and start stuttering lol.

MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2011, 06:17:42 PM »

Hahaha! I would love to be a guest speaker on the podcast but id probably sound like a complete dumbass and start stuttering lol.

You know, this is actually the first podcast I've listened too regularly, and also the first one I've listened to where I thought it would be fun to actually be on it. it gets the job done without treating itself like the gamer version of 20/20 or something.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
PSP - Disgaea
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 64 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: