Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 04:48:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338195 Posts in 13845 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 66 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 100935 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2011, 07:39:07 PM »

I actually never played King's Quest, so I really can't speak to it.  That said, I'm always looking for an excuse to rip on Stephen when it comes to KH.

And once again, I can't say how much I love to read the support you guys give the show on the boards.  We weren't even sure if anyone was listening to the show besides the editors and Ivalice Alliance.  Glad you guys are enjoying it!

Rob, I love the series but I can usually agree with the criticisms you level at KH, despite still enjoying them. King's Quest is beyond criticism because as a series it is completely perfect. Bold statement, I know-- but it is. :)

And I've gotta second his love of you guys and your support. I have a blast doing the podcast and knowing that we have an audience is excellent.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2011, 02:42:00 PM »

Has anybody found a better way to listen to podcasts on the Android OS? It's a real pain in the ass to stream it with the default player.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »

I think I was using MixZing or the default player on the HTC phones.

Also, our Dragon Age 2 special is in the can and should be ready for you guys sometime soon.  Look forward to some ass-kicking awesomeness as I school the boys and prove the game is just fine!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2011, 03:09:24 PM »

Rob schools nothing. I had a mostly positive impression of the game anyway. More importantly, the power of love is heavily embedded into this podcast.

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2011, 12:36:18 AM »

Sounds like its going to be great.  Can't wait :)

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2011, 01:46:19 PM »

Look forward to some ass-kicking awesomeness as I school the boys and prove the game is just fine!

If you can convince the PC gamers, that were looking for the legacy of BG2, that DA2 is fine, you sir will be podcast master extraordinaire.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: February 26, 2011, 05:27:21 PM »

You know whats sad? I still have yet to play Dragon Age :(

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: March 01, 2011, 09:49:12 AM »

Same here.
You know, I'll probably get flamed for this, but I don't really like Bioware RPGs. I've tried ALL of them. KotOR, Baldor's gate, Mass Effect, etc, but I just plain don't like them. I don't know why either. I can tell they are quality titles and they've earned their critical acclaim, but they just don't stick with me for some reason.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
PSP - Disgaea
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 01, 2011, 10:51:06 AM »

I wasn't a huge fan of Bioware games for the longest time.  Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 changed my mind, but I still haven't played the old-school classics.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2011, 11:18:44 AM »

Not every game is for everybody, MC, but nobody can say you haven't given them a fair shake!  I'm the same way with Kubrick movies.  I've watched a bunch of his movies and hated them all, except for Dr. Strangelove, which doesn't even feel like the same guy made it as made his other movies.  And yet, everybody else in the freaking world seems to think that everything Kubrick made is amazing.

So, you know - don't feel bad if you don't like Bioware games even though lots of folks (including me) do.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2011, 01:21:34 PM »

I'm with you there, Tooker. Kubrick is very highly regarded  and I basically can't stand his work. Everyone's got their tastes. I think Bioware sometimes lets their concept get ahead of their gameplay. Still, I love BG, NWN, and ME :D

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2011, 01:42:33 PM »

The only Bioware game i've played all the way through is Jade Empire.  The game was simply beautiful, amazing but yet underrated.  I heard alot of people despised that game.  I loved it.

About Kubrick's films.  AMAZING!  I own 2001 and A Clockwork Orange on Blu-Ray.  It took me two viewings to appreciate 2001: A Space Odyssey.  Not much is going on in the film but what is seen is absolutely gorgeous and especially on Bluray.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2011, 02:30:17 PM »

Same here.
You know, I'll probably get flamed for this, but I don't really like Bioware RPGs. I've tried ALL of them. KotOR, Baldor's gate, Mass Effect, etc, but I just plain don't like them. I don't know why either. I can tell they are quality titles and they've earned their critical acclaim, but they just don't stick with me for some reason.

I'm not much of a Bioware fan myself, despite being a staffer here. Only games of theirs I got into were KotOR and ME2, but the rest simply didn't click with me. Objectively, they're good games, but they don't click with me. I guess I just personally enjoy the typical JRPG stuff more.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2011, 02:39:31 PM »

Loved 2001, hated Clockwork.
We're on one hell of a rabbit trail here...
You know, I didn't play Jade Empire. I wonder if i'd like that one. The original Neverwinter Nights was great for custom stuff, but I didn't really like the packaged game that much.
I end up playing mostly JRPGs as well for whatever reason.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
PSP - Disgaea
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: March 02, 2011, 11:00:17 PM »

It's weird to not like ALL bioware games I think. There's a decent amount of variety there, but it's not like saying "i hate all EA games."

Kubrick like: 2001, Strangelove, FMJ

Kubrick hate: Eyes Wide Shut, Shinning

Kubrick meh: Clockwork

I'm listening to ep 16 here

- - -- - - - - -

LOL @ "The spoony experiment reviewed Sewer Shark! sorry...continue"

that was funny

-------------------------------

I like the melody approach more in soundtracks.

That being said I fucking love some of the stuff from mass effect, part 1 especially
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:15:59 AM by Yoda » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 66 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: