Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 12:40:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340850 Posts in 13927 Topics by 2221 Members
Latest Member: alceste007
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 70 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 104673 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: May 18, 2011, 05:07:54 PM »

When did he stop writing for buffy? Because that show did turn to complete crap in the later seasons.  I thought the first few were pretty good though.

He wrote all the way through, he just isn't very good. He writes schmaltzy soap operas with supernatural trappings. His dialogue is extremely cringe-worthy and his plots are lame.

Just in case you're not sure, I can't stand his stuff.

I'm weeping for the Avengers movie.

Also, fuck him for Alien 4.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 23, 2011, 10:52:33 PM »

Episode 24 is live!
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: May 24, 2011, 07:56:36 AM »

I think someone forgot to update the podcast rss. I don't see anything past ep 23.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: May 24, 2011, 08:11:16 AM »

It'll be fixed soon.

Today's episode was very funny. *skype noise* I loved it! (loved it... loved it...loved it)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 24, 2011, 09:29:18 AM »

Should be all fixed now.  Let us know what you guys think!
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: May 24, 2011, 09:55:19 AM »

Yay! DLing it now!

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: May 24, 2011, 02:43:09 PM »

I will be listening to this at work tonight...

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
infernalism

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: June 13, 2011, 08:25:43 AM »

So...when do you plan to release another podcast? I was curious about the Witcher 2 "debate" you guys were supposed to engage in the next episode.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #293 on: June 13, 2011, 09:50:08 AM »

They recorded that last night, and we're going to be recording a post-e3 episode sometime this week.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
infernalism

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: June 13, 2011, 10:12:49 AM »

Recorded, but not released :D. Thanks for the info mate, I'll be sure to listen to it, once it's up. Hope it's all good about the game. Been devoting my playing time to it almost exclusively since it's release (I'm on my 4th playthrough). I really hope the game sells very well, and that this brand can be developed even further, with more chapters, more monster types and tactics, and a little more ironed out difficulty curve, cause I was slightly disappointed that the game got easier towards the end, but I had no problem with it kicking my ass at the begining, I don't like games that play themselves, and there are plenty of those in this day and age. I wouldn't mind an additional step towards Demon's Souls type combat (more precision in delivering, and receiving blows, a little "heavier" sword swinging), cause I enjoy it immensely, although we have to remember, that Geralt is not an anonymous hero from From Software games, "that guy has an edge"(:D) and he needs to feel more powerful than the average guy, being quite probably at least 50, or 60-something year old, in his physical prime, experienced, "bred for combat" mutated swordsman. And he needs to feel better both in raw power and mobility, not just in stats and better equipment, but Demon's Souls really got it right, and CDPR would do well to copy as much of that as possible (shamefull, I agree, but FPS'es copy combat mechanics all the time, and...DS's combat just "feels right", I don't know how else I can put it :D), without sacrificing Geralt's unique abilities and character, as he is an expert swordsman, known to be one of the best in the world, if not THE best, at swinging swords, and it would feel stupid to see him struggle to beat a single random armed man. And all of us, who played Demon's Souls know, that it's a little easy to die in the game, while fighting just one man (or a lowly monster), by making one, maybe two small mistakes (at least on the first playthrough). Of course, I have a few nitpicks about the Witcher 2 here and there, but there's so much to love about it, that I can't even begin to think, what those people can bring us in the next installment, not having to build an engine from scratch, and (hopefully) with a bigger and better budget after the Witcher 2's critical, and financial success. And they made this game with only around 10 million dollars.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 03:44:27 PM by infernalism » Logged
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: June 13, 2011, 01:44:04 PM »

I can't wait until i'm given the chance to play The Witcher 2, but I need to play the first one.

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 13, 2011, 08:30:53 PM »

Christmas may be coming early...
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 14, 2011, 10:30:56 AM »

Sorry for the double post, but our Witcher 2 podcast is up on the RSS feed and iTunes.  Hope y'all enjoy!
infernalism

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: June 14, 2011, 12:53:33 PM »

Great discussion guys, cheers from Poland. I'm glad you liked it, and there was some fair criticism in there, although I'm more on Kyle's side (even though I absolutely LOVE Demon's Souls, and am looking forward for Dark Souls very much, which I guess he doesn't like that much), I get where you're coming from Rob, and hopefully, they will adress the combat a bit more in the Witcher 3 (are you waiting for the next installment after that ending or what? :D ), without straying from the path they chose for it in the sequel, as opposed to the combat system in the original. Maybe they'll even differentiate it more, and it'll be harder to compare it to either B:AA, or DS, but it will still be more functional and more challenging throughout, not just in the begging. I am actually helping myself to some mods from "the witcher nexus", and with a few of them the witcher 2 becomes more structured in it's dificulty, all of those upgrades in equipment and progression through the skill tree make much more sense now, instead of just making you a killing machine stats-wise. Now you need the upgrades, just to stay "competitve", if you know what I mean. I really enjoy that, although, of course, the combat still needs ironing out in the sequel no doubt. But those mods are for those of us, who actually enjoyed the combat (even if I knew it had it's obvious flaws, I looked forward to it, like Kyle) in Witcher 2 Rob. :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:59:36 PM by infernalism » Logged
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 14, 2011, 01:35:44 PM »

Thanks for the input, infernalism.  I've looked into a couple of those mods that you've pointed out, and they do seem to improve the game quite a bit.  It will be interesting to see if CD Projekt actually implements them at some point.  It's also pretty exciting to see a fan of the show from Poland!  We're international, baby!!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 70 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: