Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 12:43:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334642 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 65 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 96062 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: July 26, 2011, 04:28:38 PM »

Okay.
I don't use itunes and there's no link for a direct download of the MP3. Can you guys make one please? It would be helpful, because I can *never* find the podcasts.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: July 26, 2011, 04:52:20 PM »

Okay.
I don't use itunes and there's no link for a direct download of the MP3. Can you guys make one please? It would be helpful, because I can *never* find the podcasts.

They already did: http://www.rpgfan.com/podcastrss.xml
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: July 26, 2011, 04:53:12 PM »

That doesn't work for me :(

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #363 on: July 26, 2011, 05:46:09 PM »

Okay.

I'll work on seeing if we can't just parse the RSS XML onto a standard page.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: July 26, 2011, 05:50:42 PM »

Thanks.

When I click the link Annubis posted, it just says Media Player can't play the file. Is there a way to configure it, because I have no idea how.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: July 26, 2011, 07:09:20 PM »

What browser do you use? It sounds like it's either your browser sending .xml to Media Player or Media Player who is associated to xml.
The former is probably more plausible since Media Player can't do shit with .xml
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: July 26, 2011, 09:13:35 PM »

Firefox

Furymasterzero
Military Gamer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: July 26, 2011, 10:29:39 PM »

For the record:

Xenogears: A tremendous achievement of storytelling that (much like Eva) ran out of funding and time, resulting in half of an awesome game and half of something... else...

Kingdom Hearts:  I loved the first game because it was you and Donald Duck on a magical adventure.  KH2 had some great gameplay and awesome set-piece moments, but it felt like the series got away from the core roots that made it so whimsical and fun.  As of late, the series has been milked and processed to the point of complete garbage, and I'm not even sure if a third core entry could right the ship.

TWEWY:  That shit is awful.  Seriously, though, the gameplay just baffled me and I had no interest in the main character. 

Xenogears: I had no problem with the second disc, as a whole the game was great from start to finish(though I do agree the sewer portion was a little lame), the only thing that pissed me off was that the game ended as Episode 5. While Xenosaga did come out and was overall a good somewhat successor(it had a lame ep 2), it still didn't completely encompass the greatness of the first game.  So unfortunately due to all the licensing and sales, I have to reluctantly refer to Xenogears Perfect Works, have you heard about/read that?

Kingdom Hearts: I think maybe I just like Nomura's style, but I found KH 1/2 to be highly enjoyable.  Birth by sleep as well.  Coded, 358/2, and Chain of Memories were all pretty bad though.  The story did go over the top, but I still enjoyed it. I think when they finally do get to number III, it might end up being alright.  I think they just need to make III then end it with possibly wrapping up every single mystery they have, even if they have to retcon, but there should be a definitive ending. If they make any more it should be a blank slate, and possibly use the disney characters and use their worlds to make original stories(which could go horribly horribly wrong...)

TWEWY: This is by far my favorite DS game, maybe it is the XL you played it on(I played it on lite), but I had absolutely no problems with the combat system.  I found it rather engaging to go back and forth and it kept me in battles more than most other RPG battle system. It's basically I had to pay attention or I would die.  The setting of the game was great, I'll admit Neku was a little whiny at the beginning but after seeing what is really going on and after all the plot twists, it was rather a unique and amazing story that isn't really seen that much.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: July 27, 2011, 10:03:49 AM »

Firefox

Tools -> Options -> Applications -> try putting "Podcast" and "Webfeed" to "preview in Firefox". Should be one of those two. At worst check for things currently sent to Media Player.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: July 27, 2011, 10:54:59 AM »

That seems to have worked, thanks for the help.

PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 30, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »

Our new episode is up on iTunes!
A.I.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: August 01, 2011, 02:52:23 PM »

Ahh phantasy star ....
a very nostalgic podcast.... for me at least

sadly my first phantasy star was 4...and now i really can't go back to play 2 or 3.....4 is simply that much better...

on a sidenote Steven ...you scare me... :p (naah not really.... when  i think about your phantasy star "expertise" it reminds me of myself and the first two shining force games on sega)

ps: thank you very much for the podcasts... overall keep up the good work... should you run out of recent news to talk about once again... you can always talk about 90s rpgs ... maybe something not as famous as final fantasy or chrono trigger ... simply great rpgs from "back then".
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:58:43 PM by A.I. » Logged
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #372 on: August 01, 2011, 03:11:13 PM »

ps: thank you very much for the podcasts... overall keep up the good work... should you run out of recent news to talk about once again... you can always talk about 90s rpgs ... maybe somthing not as famous as final fantasy or chrono trigger ... simply great rpgs from "back then".

You are going to love our next feature.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #373 on: August 02, 2011, 12:36:21 AM »

Indeed he is. Also, John, you're making me want to reinstall New Vegas that I haven't played at all just to try that DLC.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: August 02, 2011, 01:57:21 AM »

Dammit. I want to listen, but I want to sit down sometime over the next year and play PS 1-4 on my Sega collection, so I don't want to listen to the spoilers.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 65 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: