Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 09:14:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335302 Posts in 13728 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 65 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 98434 times)
A.I.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: August 19, 2011, 08:45:33 AM »

hmmmm... even though I am not a huge fan of the genre...i'll have to admit that Stephen made me actually care about human revolution.... than again anything that is even a tiny bit similar to shadowrun is something I'm interested in... don't know... kinda tired of medieval/ fantasy setting..for now that is.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #391 on: August 19, 2011, 10:21:46 AM »

Glad I could get you in the club. Yeah, if cyberpunk is tour thing, HR will not do you wrong

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 01, 2011, 07:10:54 PM »

Episode 30 is live on iTunes!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: September 02, 2011, 10:11:15 AM »

EDIT: nvm, I'm an idiot.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:13:57 AM by Annubis » Logged
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 04, 2011, 11:26:14 PM »

So what are your thoughts on the interview at the end of our last episode?  Is that something y'all want to see more of in the future?
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: September 05, 2011, 02:07:22 AM »

So what are your thoughts on the interview at the end of our last episode?  Is that something y'all want to see more of in the future?

Yes, I enjoyed it.  I would love to see more interviews in future podcasts.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: September 05, 2011, 08:14:54 PM »

Yes, I enjoyed it.  I would love to see more interviews in future podcasts.

Always wanting more. AREN'T YOU EVER SATISFIED?!

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 14, 2011, 06:54:12 PM »

A new podcast with another awesome developer interview is on the horizon.  Stay tuned!
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: September 15, 2011, 12:06:57 AM »

On the horizon? More like just posted! Definitely stay for the interview at the end with Darren Korb, composer of the Bastion soundtrack, Audio Director at Supergiant Games because it is awesome!
Alhizzy

Don't Hassle the Hoff!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: September 16, 2011, 11:31:54 PM »

Hey guys, I haven't been too active on these forums, but I just want to give credit where it's due and commend you on your podcasts.  Not only do I find them to be entertaining and funny (especially Stephen's awesome one-liners), but these expose me to a lot of other games that I've never heard of that I now really want to try out.  Hell, thanks to a feature on this site from a year ago, I went and watched a full playthrough of suikoden 2 to understand why luca blight may just be the best villain ever devised in an RPG.

As someone who has been playing RPGs since the age of 4, and is now a Software QA analyst for a profession, I get a lot out of the commentary on these.

Long story short, I hope these podcasts continue, and honestly these make me very interested in becoming a reviewer and a part of the  RPGFan community.  So keep up the good work!

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." ~Ron Paul
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 19, 2011, 08:14:41 AM »

Thanks so much for the kind words, Alhizzy.  It's important to go out there and try something new and exciting.  I remember listening to podcasts back in college and wishing that I could be on one some day.  I put a writing sample into RPGFan on a whim, and look what happened!  Hope to see more of you on the boards!

So what did everyone think of our interview with Darren Korb and how excited are you for our big Xenoblade podcast?!
Alhizzy

Don't Hassle the Hoff!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: September 20, 2011, 06:20:13 PM »

I really liked the idea of interviewing the composer of the soundtrack, as I'm a pretty big fan of a lot of video game music.  I haven't played Bastion yet since I've been engulfed in Shining the Holy Ark lately, but I'm more interested to check it out after hearing that interview.  The most interesting point that Darren made was the differentiation between having involvement in the design process from the getgo, versus being brought in after the game was finished to rush a soundtrack for it.  Quality almost always skyrockets when all relevant parties are in it from start to finish in a collaborative environment.

And whyyyyyyy does Xenoblade have to come out for the Wii of all systems, that's the one system I definitely don't want to get. I don't think I'm going to be able to swallow listening to the podcast since I loved FF12 so much, and you guys said that it's what 12 should have been like.

As a sidenote, I was pretty inebriated when I made that post last Friday, but it was sincere.  My friends tell me I'm quite the happy and affectionate drunk : )

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: September 20, 2011, 06:20:58 PM »

But you have GOT to listen to the Xenoblade podcast. I'm in it!

If you don't listen I will cry. :(

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Alhizzy

Don't Hassle the Hoff!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: September 20, 2011, 06:46:37 PM »

Awwwww, well if it means that much to you...  just make sure there's enough negative commentary about it so I don't feel a complete impulse to take the dive and buy a system for one friggin game.

Rob's usually pretty good about knocking down JRPGs though, so I guess I should be okay.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #404 on: September 20, 2011, 08:18:42 PM »

Thanks for the kind words!

also, remember, Rob only knocks down JRPGS if he thinks they deserve it :] he's not unfair!

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 65 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: