Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 10:38:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341250 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 70 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 105973 times)
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 30, 2011, 03:18:43 PM »

I was actually just thinking about that.  I know John is in the middle of War of the North, so I'm sure we want to talk about that at some point.  Might have to look into another recording fairly soon...
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: October 30, 2011, 07:07:22 PM »

I feel like you'll need plenty of time like Dark Soul before you talk about Skyrim (assuming Bethesta hasn't lied about the gargantuan size of the game).
Alhizzy

Don't Hassle the Hoff!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: October 31, 2011, 06:45:30 PM »

Just listened to the podcast today (which was awesome), and you all were so convincing that I went out and picked up a copy of Dark Souls today after work.  I think you sold me when you started drawing comparisons to Silent Hill 2.  I loves me some survival horror that's actually scary (I recently purchased fatal frame 2 which is also pretty freaky).

I'm gonna try to not play it until after I finish my re-play of might and magic 9 (i know, i'm a masochist).

Oh, and I thought Dave did really well in his first podcast, certainly wouldn't mind seeing him come back for more episodes.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." ~Ron Paul
mrchoppy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: November 01, 2011, 07:21:15 AM »

Im a regular podcast listener and as Im currently struggling with Dark Souls this one was especially interesting to hear your views.

I love it but also hate it.  I wish From had made it a bit more accessible and less annoying, maybe a few more bonfires or even "collective gasp of horror" a beginners Difficulty mode where things are a little less brutal.  When I die at a boss let me respawn at the fog gate for another try, not 10 mins sprint away!

On the other hand its really good to see a JRPG thats not generic chars, story and anime boobs.   If you guys are up for it, it would be good to have a Dark Souls post mortem on a future podcast.  I would be interested to hear how well (or badly) it has done sales wise in Japan, US, EU and compared to Skyrim.

Thanks for TOR beta talk.  As an ex WOW player who is now "clean" you have helped me decide what to do when that comes out.   
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 01, 2011, 09:29:08 AM »

I actually just beat Dark Souls again, so I'm on my third run with my super-powered character.  Some of the boss fights on NG+ were just awful, and you basically had to cheese the crap out of them to survive.  I still love this game, but it can be more than a little frustrating at times.  I'll definitely give my final thoughts on the next show.

Glad you guys liked listening to Dave.  We certainly enjoyed having him on the show, and look forward to having him back!
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 01, 2011, 01:44:03 PM »

Had an excellent time with Rob and Stupid McIhavenoabilities.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: November 01, 2011, 01:48:39 PM »

Double Post!

Check out our new episode featuring an in-depth discussion of Dark Souls and The Old Republic beta!

How spoiler heavy is this podcast? I'm not going to have time for Dark Souls until Xmas.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #442 on: November 01, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »

Had an excellent time with Rob and Stupid McIhavenoabilities.

I am so not sure what this is supposed to be a jab at me about.  I am so sad now.  :-(

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 01, 2011, 02:36:05 PM »

Stupid McIhavenoabilities was a guy you invented in the middle of the podcast. He is the character we all play in the early levels of an MMO.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #444 on: November 01, 2011, 02:36:59 PM »

Oh, yes, I remember now.  "That's a really bad name."

dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 01, 2011, 02:37:56 PM »

He also may or may not go on quests to find my pants.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #446 on: November 01, 2011, 02:48:24 PM »

Double Post!

Check out our new episode featuring an in-depth discussion of Dark Souls and The Old Republic beta!

How spoiler heavy is this podcast? I'm not going to have time for Dark Souls until Xmas.

I don't hesitate to say there really isn't anything you CAN spoil in Dark Souls. There isn't much in the way of a traditional story. Anyone, do you want to weigh on this?

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #447 on: November 01, 2011, 03:17:53 PM »

There's probably lots in the way of "Mechanical Spoilers", I think was the term I heard used for it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:28:09 PM by KeeperX » Logged

PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 01, 2011, 04:23:20 PM »

Agreed.  We don't really talk about how to get through particular areas, though we discuss difficult areas.  I don't really think we (can) ruin anything.
RPGRocker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: November 01, 2011, 10:31:06 PM »

In case anyone missed it, here's this week's obligatory Metal Gear Solid reference. It's a bit less obvious than usual this time.

Rob: "If what’s her face Naomi Hunter voices one more character..."

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 70 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: