Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 08:44:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338348 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 66 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 101187 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: November 01, 2011, 10:32:28 PM »

John's signature only speaks the truth.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 02, 2011, 01:27:28 PM »

Dammit!  Didn't even realize that one! 

Can't wait for the HD Collection.  Just saying...
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 09, 2011, 04:24:37 PM »

Double post!

New episode is live.  Tell us what you think!
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: November 09, 2011, 05:13:58 PM »

Sweeeeeet!

I'm home sick from work and wanted some podcast action, so i listened to the latest Destructoid show, then decided to relisten to The Dark Souls" episode, then listening to the SWTOR part I decide to check the forums here, boom new release.

Thanks gents (and Kim!)

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Alhizzy

Don't Hassle the Hoff!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: November 11, 2011, 04:16:24 PM »

Just listened to episode 35 today, it was hilarious!

I kinda want to go back and listen to it again and count how many times the term "Dark Souls" was said, kind of like that one South Park episode that kept a running count of how many times the word "s**t" was said.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." ~Ron Paul
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: November 14, 2011, 03:52:44 PM »

I missed the boat on this but I just listened to the Xenoblade podcast and definitely think you all need to do a Shadow Hearts podcast. Since I personally could talk about that game for hours I'd love to hear others do it.

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: November 16, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »

I'm back from the depth of hell, also known as Dark Souls.  I'm currently near the end of Anon Londo and my god it's insane.  I love the area, the mountains, the building structures and the enemies.  I love Demon's Souls but Dark Souls nailed it, the level design is simply THE best i've ever played in any game.  There are a few hiccups in the framerate....freaking Blightown.  That place scared the hell out of me.  It reminded me a bit of Valley of Defilement from Demon's Souls.  I believe i'm going to play my New Game+ as soon as i'm finished.  I believe I'll wait on the GotY version of Skyrim, Dark Souls has simply spoiled me.
    Anyways, i've listened to all of the podcast's up to this point and I loved the Metal Gear Solid shoutout,lol!  I actually was going to wait to finish Dark Souls before I listened to the podcasts but I knew you guys are good for not spoiling the game and you did a great job at it.  So, where is everyone at in Dark Souls?  I know that's for the Dark Souls thread.

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: November 18, 2011, 02:26:44 PM »

i've been listening to the show since the first episode. you guys riff well and ask the right questions. i like when you talk about the games you're playing. i like that you had kimberly and liz on the show for a female perspective i think that's important. i hope you get more game reps on the show for interviews there was a weekend confirmed not too long ago that had a developer for a shooter mmo. while that's not really my bag i liked hearing the process of game design. awhile back, i can't remember the episode. you talked about what you'd like to see in an rpg in terms of setting and whatnot. i love those conversations, i know it's mostly opinion and can be a can of worms for show format. in my head i always like to imagine if i had the resource and ability to make my own game. what would it look, sound and play like? i think for that reason i liked the female character episode. i'm not super familiar with the names of character tropes so that was nice little bit of enlightenment. the chrono cross episode needs to happen. i know i've seen the guy's post on the boards but perhaps you could bring the "to the moon" folks on? keep up the good work.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #458 on: November 18, 2011, 05:48:49 PM »

We're hoping for the To the Moon folks. And if you like interviews, you're going to like the next episode :)

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 25, 2011, 10:09:22 AM »

Hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving. 

Our Skyrim podcast just went up.  Enjoy!
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: November 25, 2011, 09:28:23 PM »

I loved the show, and the interview was my favorite so far.  Those guys articulated game development very well.  The ongoing Dark Souls gag is hilarious too, and when Caesar said he was playing it himself, I about died.

I wanna thank John for the tip about unchecking the XBOX360 box in Skyrim, too.  Dark Souls still eats Skyrim's face, though.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #461 on: November 25, 2011, 09:49:38 PM »

The ongoing Dark Souls gag is hilarious too, and when Caesar said he was playing it himself, I about died.

HEE HEE HEE. The gag is funny, but not when it gets to disrespectful levels.

Thanks for the kind words-- I'm really glad you liked the interview. These guys deserve attention. If you want to talk about a group of creators with passion, you have it right there.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #462 on: November 28, 2011, 05:17:32 PM »

The ongoing Dark Souls gag is hilarious too, and when Caesar said he was playing it himself, I about died.

HEE HEE HEE. The gag is funny,

I am going to come to you house and murder you.  Just an FYI.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: November 28, 2011, 10:04:07 PM »

I'm really interested in Cognition :)

As always, another great podcast, I hope the interviews continue to grow as they are always good to listen to.

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Emonzaemon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: November 29, 2011, 01:51:19 AM »

Alright, I'm finally on the forum.

I've been enjoying your Podcast, which has fully taken the spot of the long dead 1up Rpg podcast.  Thanks Rob!

You know what is fun Co-Op RPGs, since I play a lot of couch co-op with my friend, we are always hoping for more Couch Co-op RPG's.

We have played every co-op Tales game from both Symphonias to Vesperia and I look forward to Xillia and Graces F , but aside from Eternal Sonada(that ending was so...soul crushingly stupid), Borderlands and  what else is there, what God must I pray to, or game system should I send to the alter, to get more couch co-op RPGs?

Now, I am off to download the skyrim podcast and beat alpha protocol.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 66 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: