Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 07:41:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319275 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 60 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 77678 times)
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 12, 2011, 11:34:37 PM »

Episode 37 is up.  Enjoy!
Emonzaemon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: December 13, 2011, 09:46:43 AM »

So is this really awesome sounding game considered an MMO or what?
I'm so reluctant to play MMO because they are so grind heavy and if the story or kills get old....

Also it's awesome that they are having it free to play.  Great interview, I would have never heard about this game, *signs up for hopeful beta key*

P.s.  How does one use this itunes contraption to express my numerical appreciation for the auditory broadcast? Iz lost boss.

Oh wait, I found it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:02:35 AM by Emonzaemon » Logged
Rapturous
RPGFan Editor

Life is happiness

MyVoiceHurts
View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 13, 2011, 11:33:42 AM »

To answer your question:  was Diablo 2 an MMO?  This can be as MMO-y as you want it to be.  Similar to Dungeon Fighter Online, when you leave a town, the instance is your own or your party's.  No one can come in and steal crap.  In my opinion, it technically is an MMO, but can be enjoyed as a single player or co-op venture.  But, yes, sign up for that beta key and try it out yourself.

A life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 13, 2011, 12:11:32 PM »

Manged to play a little Path of Exile the other day, and it seems like quite a bit of fun.  Really excited to see how the final product turns out.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #484 on: December 13, 2011, 12:46:54 PM »

Yeah, I really want to try it out. You guys did a great job.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Emonzaemon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: December 15, 2011, 11:07:30 AM »

You know what I, would love to hear you talk about in the podcast?

Co-op RPG's.  More should be made!  How many RPGs are co-op, online or my favorite, the couch kind?
I decided my post was too long so I posted the whole thing else where. http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=10456.0
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 15, 2011, 01:04:50 PM »

Listening to the latest podcast, and on a random note, you mentioned the Book of Mormon Broadway show.  I'm Mormon, and I went on a mission, so I've kind of stayed away from the show.  But I realized that people are likely to start asking me what I think about it, so I read up on the plot just now.  I'll leave it at this: please don't believe that it's in any way representative of reality.  I can't say that what it depicts is evil or anything, just that it's not the way things work in real life.  Don't want to threadjack this, just had to comment on that podcast item. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 23, 2011, 11:50:06 AM »

Just letting everyone know that we're recording our end of the year show early next week.  Hope y'all are looking forward to it!
Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: December 23, 2011, 12:33:47 PM »

Sweetness!

Is their going to be some 'Game of the Year in the Eyes of...' business, too? Could only suspect as much.

It could also be interesting to look back on some of your past favourites as well! I'd love to get on a show where I could reminisce with others about what I feel were the biggest hits for a past console! Though I think I'd cry a little when Zach says the oldest system he's familiar with is the N64... T_T

Anyways, as always, thoroughly enjoy the podcasts and I'm looking forward to running the gamut next year! Would you ever entertain the idea of bringing site fans on board for an episode once in a while, or hold a contest or something? Just a thought... that pretty much caters to my own desire... yet I presume others wouldn't mind getting on the ol' radio... so I don't seem so self-serving... *cough*

Yaya podcast!

Just Greg, thanks.
RPGMetalFan
Just a geek.

Game over, moonpie.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: December 26, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »

Awesome news, Rob. Is it going to be normal length, or are you guys going long with this one?

Either way, looking forward to it.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #490 on: December 26, 2011, 07:07:10 PM »

Awesome news, Rob. Is it going to be normal length, or are you guys going long with this one?

Either way, looking forward to it.

I always go long. Also that's what she said.

PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 01, 2012, 11:23:29 AM »

It's a pretty long episode, and Zack is currently in the middle of editing the thing for us.  He's a real trooper when it comes to bleeping out John's foul language or cutting out some of my more inflammatory remarks.  Hopefully the podcast will be up soon.  Stay tuned!
Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: January 10, 2012, 03:35:40 AM »

That opening quote about the "FUS-RO-DAH" text was awesome, by the way.

Rob, you bring up a really valid point on the subject of gaming journalism, and since I've been watching some of the shows on G4, I feel I know exactly what you're talking about. It's generally pretty black and white for most of them, especially on the very awful XPlay.
My goodness that is a terrible show.
Anyways, it's pretty well true that games only get much coverage if they hit the 8.5 and up, or 5 and below, and the comments are pretty generic. Like, I think back to when Skyrim and Skyward Sword were reviewed on Reviews on the Run - both the guys had their series of complaints about the various imperfections, which of course exist, and then threw out a 9.5 and a 10, which I could not help but call bullshit on! They definitely sounded like they were gearing up for a solid 8 or so, maybe 9 at best. But yeah, the complaints were there, but then they just through out the hyped score. And it's true, that's there in so many other review sites, and on occasion it even happens here with the numbers, though you guys have a pretty good breakdown, I think, so not so bad and fairly justified.
I would love to get a gig on one of those shows, honestly, but I can't help but think now that there is a certain amount of financial clout behind some of the reviews. I feel like my honest opinion may have to be more clouded because someone higher up has had a certain amount of "sponsorship" come their way, but I dunno'.
Anyways, good cast, nice to hear some great feedback on Skyward Sword because, yes, although they can't totally reinvent the series, it's pretty rad the steps they have taken. I definitely don't hate on Twilight Princess like some do, but Windwaker's definitely my fave title in the franchise, but Skyward's definitely squaring up to be a good contender for a solid entry.

Just Greg, thanks.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: January 10, 2012, 02:56:28 PM »

HIJACKIN' YOUR PODCAST FOR OTHER PODCAST!

Just wanted to let Random Encounter fans know that the most recent episode of my tiny podcast, "The Jurassic Hour," is now up. It's 90 minutes of me interviewing John McCarroll (RPGFan EiC) and Michael Cunningham (RPGamer EiC). Makes for an interesting discussion.

Link:
http://gameosaurus.com/roahr/2011/12/jurassic-hour-24-rpg-enthusiasts-rule/

i just finished listening to this jurassic hour and i really liked the end where john and micheal talk about the p.r. issues and review scores. i found that really interesting being the layman. it's really easy to take you guys for granted dealing with the bullshit. i just wanna say thanks for posting to a show i wouldn't have normally listened to. and thanks to john in general cause it sounds rather thankless and i really appreciate this site. i would like to add that i like the way the review scores work on the site that's why i was drawn to the site from the beginning. the reviews i've read seem very fair.

i'm excited to listen to the year end wrap up show, hope it's up soon.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #494 on: January 10, 2012, 07:02:55 PM »

I'm excited that you're excited. Thanks for your comments. We all appreciate them-- and, as a listener, I agree with your comments on the Jurassic Hour podcast between John and Michael.

We're getting ready to drop the mother of all end-of-year podcasts on you guys. :)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 60 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: