Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 10:31:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329298 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 64 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 87158 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: July 30, 2012, 10:46:58 PM »

Kingdom Hearts III is suppose to happen after Versus XIII is finished. I can't imagine them making KH III in less than 2 or 4 year though... that said, some people in neogaf have said before that they can see Versus being released in 2014 to give "XIII-3" next year to be the center of attention.

Nobody knows if XIII-3 if even a thing, not yet anyway.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 16, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »

Episode 49 is live!  Enjoy!!
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: August 18, 2012, 12:47:35 AM »

You guys are trolls for speaking condescendingly about P4Arena since its not an RPG, even though you cover visual novels!

Realm of coverage!

Kidding aside, good show.  Only criticism I'd have is that John and Rob fight like mommy and daddy used to... still love ya!

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 18, 2012, 10:43:29 AM »

I think John will fire me at some point and replace me with some kind of robot that agrees with him on everything. 
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #574 on: August 18, 2012, 01:06:31 PM »

I think John will fire me at some point and replace me with some kind of robot that agrees with him on everything. 

Nah, I can't tell that robot he's wrong all the time.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
bobbywatson

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: August 18, 2012, 04:03:15 PM »

I really enjoyed episode 49! Thanks for making my day less crappy!

One quick note: the topic of Panzer Dragoon Saga came up. I believe the reason why this has not been ported to anything is that, according to Wikipedia (quoting Team leader Yukio Futatsugi) the source code has been lost. Therefore, Sega would have to rewrite the whole code to get this thing working again. Even though they would sell copies of that to any hard core RPG player that are hitting themselves for missing out on it originally (I am one of those people), I do not know if it would be enough to make their money back. Then again, I'm no economist, so who knows...

As a developer though, I can say that losing your source code is a very, very stupid thing to do.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #576 on: August 18, 2012, 06:13:12 PM »

I think back in the day developers were a lot more cavalier with their code. At this point, rebuilding the game to work on modern consoles might be more hassle than just remaking it. Or they could just emulate the damn thing-- oh wait, SATURN.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: August 22, 2012, 05:58:07 AM »

PaleRobbie, this isn't meant personally in any way, but you are 100% dead wrong.

Fuck microtransactions. Not every game content chopped up and sold to us separately. It's like the gaming industry has been co-opted by the advertising industry. Buy our game! Great with map packs! Less filling with extra weapons!

Just make a game that people enjoy and is fun to play and they will come back to it.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 22, 2012, 07:57:15 AM »

I don't really like microtransactions either, but the sales figures don't lie. It is a model that works if the objective is to make money, and the objective is usually to make money.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: August 23, 2012, 07:06:41 AM »

Regarding the EA lawsuit, I think the main issue isn't that EA copied basic mechanics, it's that they copied the basic template of the game right down to the look. I don't think they'd be including screenshots in their filing if it were otherwise.
There's not going to be some nightmare scenario where companies are suing each other for pressing a button to swing a sword or anything like that.
And somebody made a comment about dual analog sticks in FPSes, for Halo for. EA could probably sue for that too, since they were implementing that in the Medal of Honour games long before Halo was out.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 23, 2012, 07:44:32 AM »

I don't think EA will win against Zynga, but if they do there definitely will be a pile of "me too" lawsuits to sort out just where the line is now for infringement. Probably not the nightmare scenario of "swing a sword", I agree - but there would definitely be some dumb ones as everybody tried to get a piece. EA themselves would probably end up on the receiving end of quite a few.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 20, 2012, 10:26:34 AM »

We made it to Episode 50.  Let us know what you think!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: September 22, 2012, 09:35:23 PM »

Dat intro.

I don't know what it was, but I love it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #583 on: September 22, 2012, 09:38:42 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbHdxgymrGg

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Alhizzy

Don't Hassle the Hoff!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: September 24, 2012, 07:05:08 PM »

Really liked the little interludes of how y'all got into gaming. I was actually going to bring that up in my next e-mail to you guys, but apparently you read my mind!

Stephen!  I'm with you 100% on those short stories in Lost Odyssey being the best part.  When I first got through the game, I'd always play the "Return of the Native" one for friends that came over and hadn't seen the game, that one was a tearjerker for me.  The main game annoyed me though because of Mack and Cooke...geez those little twerps turned a badass character into just a worried grandparent for the majority of the game.

And dang, you guys got me all excited when you mentioned final fantasy xi, thought you were going to talk about it but then i realized you were just picking on Derek.  Can't wait for Seekers of Aldouin!

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." ~Ron Paul
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 64 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: