Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 10:52:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341009 Posts in 13938 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 70 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 104971 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #615 on: November 29, 2012, 11:50:41 AM »

That's good.  I'm gonna wait, and if I can't have those games any more, then maybe I re-evaluate based on the new games whether I even want it or not. :)

I will say that I'm delighted with my Vita purchase so far, and ohmy god if the new freebies for next month include Lumines I'm going to explode with joy fire.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: November 29, 2012, 12:50:18 PM »

That's good.  I'm gonna wait, and if I can't have those games any more, then maybe I re-evaluate based on the new games whether I even want it or not. :)

I will say that I'm delighted with my Vita purchase so far, and ohmy god if the new freebies for next month include Lumines I'm going to explode with joy fire.

When I saw there are only four... FOUR games coming up for the Vita (lol, one of them is Dragon's Crown :S ) I decided to hold off...  I don't doubt I'll get this system one day, hell even if it's for the old PSP shizz, but maaan... $200-250 is a helluvan asking price for the gaming library they got (rather, their lack of).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 29, 2012, 02:26:24 PM »

In my case, I already have the Vita.  It's just a question of whether to get PS Plus or not. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 23, 2012, 01:36:15 PM »

Recording Episode 54 right now.  Should have it up in the next few days!
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: December 23, 2012, 11:48:24 PM »

Regarding the most recent one, who the hell refuses a free PSP?
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 24, 2012, 10:12:32 AM »

Dude, I didn't refuse it!  I actually said, "Yeah, sure, I'll take one."  I said I probably wouldn't have time to play one, but I'm pretty sure I accepted the gift.  Stephen just forgot!  :)

No big deal, though.  I inherited one from my fiancee.  Another reason to get married, folks! 
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #621 on: December 29, 2012, 11:53:22 PM »

Episode 54 is finally up!

Sorry for the wait on this one, guys. We tried to get together a couple of times throughout November/December and our conflicting schedules just didn't align. Hope you enjoy this episode!

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
WhiteAndCrispy

Physics VII: A New Beginning

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: December 31, 2012, 01:53:15 PM »

I never thought I'd say this, but these are actually starting to grow on me. I didn't even have a real problem with the ME3 one.

But I am gaining some insight into why Physics class occasionally sounds like a podcast...
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 01, 2013, 09:48:44 AM »

Glad to see you're listening to podcasts during Winter Break instead of studying physics.  Perhaps I should have assigned more homework....
WhiteAndCrispy

Physics VII: A New Beginning

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: January 01, 2013, 04:29:56 PM »

This is why I can't have nice things...
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 16, 2013, 02:24:40 PM »

Our End of the Year Spectacular episode of Random Encounter is now live!  Enjoy!!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: January 16, 2013, 06:02:49 PM »

I completely agree with the point you guys made about balance impending fun most times.
To me, World of Warcraft is the best example of this. The game has been receiving nerfs and buffs for years trying to make every character equal in both PVE and PVP. In the end, the result is that: it is still not balanced and every class lost what made them unique.

I said a bit ago that Ragnarok Online was my favorite MMO and it is partially because it was completely unbalanced. The only reason nobody ever complained (too much) about the class balance is because every class was broken and had it's own unique I-WIN button.
I seriously ADORED playing my monk. My I-WIN button was the Guillotine Fist. It was a 100% certain kill on any player.

Lord Knight? Berserk
Sniper? Falcon Strike
High Priest? The only way to kill a priest was to gang up on him (5+) or Guillotine Fist
Gipsy? Spammable map wide stun
etc. etc.

The problem now is that with achievements and online ranking, people will want a leveled field since there is a personal score attached to it. It's the same reason why games don't have cheat codes anymore either.

So... yeah... balance can kill fun.
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: January 18, 2013, 11:39:14 AM »

I 99% disagree with Rob's point that developers should listen to fans. I'm a big fan of developer transparency and some level of community outreach, but if developers take more cues from fans then fans will feel MORE effacious and entitled (an effing disaster) and the analogy of the inmates running the asylum could apply.

Now, developers should 100% listen to sales (which they always do) and professional journalists and critics (which they sometimes do). I just think that fans should stay in the audience and not be a part of the creative process. Like, at all. Again, we don't want the inmates running he asylum.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #628 on: January 18, 2013, 12:11:43 PM »

I 99% disagree with Rob's point that developers should listen to fans. I'm a big fan of developer transparency and some level of community outreach, but if developers take more cues from fans then fans will feel MORE effacious and entitled (an effing disaster) and the analogy of the inmates running the asylum could apply.

Now, developers should 100% listen to sales (which they always do) and professional journalists and critics (which they sometimes do). I just think that fans should stay in the audience and not be a part of the creative process. Like, at all. Again, we don't want the inmates running he asylum.

I agree with your first paragraph, but not your second. Critics and journalists are just fans who get paid to write about games, and their opinions are just as subjective as any other fan. And I actually enjoy some degree of audience participation in the creative process. I agree that the developer needs to have a firm vision for their project and can't buckle to every bit of community pressure, but on the other hand, listening just to critics and, more importantly, sales means we'll get nothing but Skyrim and CoD-knockoffs for all eternity.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: January 18, 2013, 12:46:13 PM »

I think it depends on the size of the community. Most small indy games really benefit from discussing with their fans. It's the big studio who have the most problems.

I guess the bigger the crowd, the bigger the extremes (and the lower the general intelligence)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 70 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: