Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 12:30:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338111 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 66 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 100775 times)
Alhizzy

Don't Hassle the Hoff!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: February 02, 2013, 06:43:45 PM »

Looking forward to checking it out.  I think it's a very good idea, as I found podcast 16 to be one of my favorites.  Game soundtracks was actually what drew me to the site back around 2001, so I think it's great that the music section is coming to the forefront more on the site.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." ~Ron Paul
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: February 04, 2013, 12:32:47 PM »

Unedited episode 56 here.
hehehe

*Deleted by Rob who screwed this up!*

(Well either unedited, or you guys forgot something at the beginning)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:23:08 PM by PaleRobbie » Logged
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #662 on: February 04, 2013, 12:46:09 PM »

Looking forward to checking it out.  I think it's a very good idea, as I found podcast 16 to be one of my favorites.  Game soundtracks was actually what drew me to the site back around 2001, so I think it's great that the music section is coming to the forefront more on the site.

I'm very glad to hear it! Music isn't going anywhere, either, so stay tuned ;)

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 04, 2013, 12:59:51 PM »

Well.... that wasn't supposed to happen.  Fixing now!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:02:18 PM by PaleRobbie » Logged
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: February 04, 2013, 01:08:34 PM »

That means I have blackmail material huh?
Sweet!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: February 04, 2013, 01:09:08 PM »

Unedited episode 56 here.
hehehe

HEY STOP IT

(Well either unedited, or you guys forgot something at the beginning)

Ha...ha...ha.

Oh dear.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:43:26 PM by Embryon » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
DarkCecil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: February 04, 2013, 06:38:43 PM »

This week, I enjoyed the Ninokuni talk, and I'm kind of curious about it and might play it after I max out FF: Dimensions on my Note 2...

but I severely disliked hearing the phrase Diablo 3 again.  As for a game I absolutely enjoyed and gave like a 89%: Xenoblade was something I was hoping to not really hear in the p.c. because I'd rather avoid going back to stuff that was discussed a lot already.
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #667 on: February 04, 2013, 07:00:41 PM »

This week, I enjoyed the Ninokuni talk, and I'm kind of curious about it and might play it after I max out FF: Dimensions on my Note 2...

but I severely disliked hearing the phrase Diablo 3 again.  As for a game I absolutely enjoyed and gave like a 89%: Xenoblade was something I was hoping to not really hear in the p.c. because I'd rather avoid going back to stuff that was discussed a lot already.

I agree. I think it's time to move on. I don't think we plan to discuss them as often as we do, they just keep coming up. I appreciate the feedback!

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 05, 2013, 09:31:43 AM »

Fair enough.  Next week we'll talk about Mass Effect 3! 

I kid, but you're right.  I think comparing video games is one of the easiest (and perhaps meaningless) ways to talk about them, and it's something I often struggle with.  It's easier to say, "This game is like this or like that" instead of looking for the appropriate words to convey an idea.  Definitely going to work on that in the future. 
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #669 on: February 05, 2013, 09:35:52 AM »

I'm in a lit-centric program in grad school, and most of professors actually argue for the opposite-- that putting literature in context with other literature is the BEST way to understand and evaluate it, so I have to disagree that comparisons between games aren't meaningful. On the other hand, comparing D3 to EVVVVERYTHING probably isn't the most engaging thing, so I can see where you're all coming from :D

And thanks for the feedback!

WhiteAndCrispy

Physics VII: A New Beginning

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: February 05, 2013, 06:13:46 PM »

Fair enough.  Next week we'll talk about Mass Effect 3! 

*eye twitch*

Kidding aside,  good Podcasts (56 and the music special). I'm ironically putting together a playlist of the most "epic" game music (Suicide Mission, Finish the Fight, Snake Eater,  etc.). Anyone have any suggestions?

On a side note, I just finished Heavy Rain last night. If anyone hasn't played it here, grab it this weekend and play it at night by yourself. That game is... something else.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 06, 2013, 01:34:14 AM »

Really, you like Heavy Rain, Crispy?  I think you need to go back and listen to one of our older episodes.  I simply don't have the space to go into how fucking awful that piece of pretentious shit is. 

All kidding aside, Heavy Rain tries really hard to do some cool things.  I personally think it fails miserably at just about all of them (how it handles Madison sexuality/vulnerability, the giant freakin' plot holes, generally awful narrative, piss poor acting, etc.) but I think Thomas Wayne said it best when it comes to these things. 
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #672 on: February 06, 2013, 01:45:04 AM »

Really, you like Heavy Rain, Crispy?  I think you need to go back and listen to one of our older episodes.  I simply don't have the space to go into how fucking awful that piece of pretentious shit is. 

All kidding aside, Heavy Rain tries really hard to do some cool things.  I personally think it fails miserably at just about all of them (how it handles Madison sexuality/vulnerability, the giant freakin' plot holes, generally awful narrative, piss poor acting, etc.) but I think Thomas Wayne said it best when it comes to these things. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR3uAiGqZ7Y

dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 06, 2013, 01:58:04 AM »

Don't worry Crispy, at least one of us on the staff really likes Heavy Rain.
WhiteAndCrispy

Physics VII: A New Beginning

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: February 06, 2013, 02:27:12 AM »

Eh, I'm not saying its far and away my favorite game, but I thought it did a very good job of creating tension. For instance, I'm really claustrophobic, so the crawling through the tunnel scene (besides the plot hole of him not pushing the glass aside like a normal person would) freaked me out. I don't think I've ever said "Oh HELL no!" out loud to myself that many times.

But hey, maybe I'm confusing story-induced stress with QTE-induced stress.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 66 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: