Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 09:44:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334809 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 65 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 96952 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: June 08, 2013, 02:57:33 AM »

No!

(Though I'll listen to yours!)

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #736 on: June 08, 2013, 03:02:45 AM »

No!

(Though I'll listen to yours!)

YESH!

EDIT:

YESH! to you listening.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: June 10, 2013, 04:36:50 PM »

For the Skyrim thing, you get to restart a skill to 15 (as many times as you want) whenever you hit 100. This allows you to level up more and get more perk points + HP/MP/STM.
The best thing about it is: if you don't play a jack of all trade, you can still hit a high level even while completely ignoring half the skills.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: June 10, 2013, 05:04:37 PM »

Look, I don't want to sound like I'm conducting personal attacks (if I'm going too far, please go ahead and delete this post), but those farting noises made me shut off playback.  Rob was being immature, unfunny, and rude when John was trying to say something, and if John left the recording in a huff, I don't blame him (not sure if he left on purpose or due to connection issues).  I don't mind if Rob is occasionally annoying, like when he harps on his pet peeves or laughs at his own jokes (myself and just about everyone does that sort of thing), but this was just bad. 

Jotacon

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: June 11, 2013, 12:30:44 AM »

And I thought this was one of my favourite episodes yet. The whole thing was a hoot, you had me in stitches and whatever other cliched things I could say about making me laugh. I also hope John didn't leave like that, but the episode was great nonetheless.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 11, 2013, 12:46:04 AM »

For what it's worth, as a staffer, I'm sure he didn't.  If he had been ready to rage quit, he would have said "Cut the crap.  This is really pissing me off."  Then after a minute or two to cool down, they would have started back up and just cut that part out of the podcast and said something like "Sorry folks, had some technical difficulties there for a second."

Not that it's happened before, I just know John's gonna actually say if something's bothering him, not just leave. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Jotacon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: June 11, 2013, 12:52:00 AM »

For what it's worth, as a staffer, I'm sure he didn't.  If he had been ready to rage quit, he would have said "Cut the crap.  This is really pissing me off." 
Just like a real Dad! After threatening to turn the podcast around he tells you to shut up and lets you know he's angry. I never really thought he left out of anger unless Rob, Steven and Derek are a lot more callous than I thought.
I am personally all for fart noises returning on the Post-E3 episode. Just letting it be known.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: June 21, 2013, 07:11:00 PM »

Good new recording, guys.  I think I'm going to add "Robert openly pines for a 3DS" to the list for the Rhythm Encounter Drinking Game rules. 

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: June 21, 2013, 08:16:45 PM »

you guys didn't talk much about 15/vs 13, was curious to see what people thought of that. Guess it just got swallowed up in the tidal waves of kingdom hearts 3.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #744 on: June 21, 2013, 08:31:52 PM »

I am optimistic for FFXV. As long as the entire game isn't heavily scripted action sequences (and the gameplay video made me suspect that it'll be paced more like Kingdom Hearts, only with an actual world map), I'm very much looking forward to it.

infernalism

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: June 24, 2013, 09:35:11 AM »

I was really looking forward to Kyle saying something about The Witcher 3, since he attended the behind-closed-doors presentation...and then he is not even on the "show". The preview he wrote is informative, but I would like to also hear him say a few things about it and maybe field a few questions from other people on the podcast. Anyway, cheers from Poland gentlemen. :]
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 09:41:07 AM by infernalism » Logged
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #746 on: June 24, 2013, 12:46:56 PM »

I'm sure we'll get him on soon to talk about it. :)

_Vandalier_

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: June 24, 2013, 04:18:10 PM »

I loved the childlike excitement for Mega Man being in Smash Bros...Glad I wasn't the only one that had a mark out moment :D

~My name is... Odd Creature... No, that's not it! It's Roger Bacon! Master philosopher, alchemist, and eternal love child.~
Jotacon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: June 26, 2013, 12:32:04 AM »

Alright, I haven't listened to the newest episode yet, I've been very busy, so I can't comment. I just need to relate a very funny and from one angle slightly creepy dream I had.

It started with my brother and I sitting shirtless on a curb playing some action-platformer that looked really ugly (Dragon Age: Origins ugly) when a van comes up and 4 people come out. I can't remember what anybody looked like, but everyone was wearing pinstriped suits. Immediately, they started talking about the game and eventually I recognized the voices as Derek, Steven, Kyle and Rob. Eventually we agreed the game wasn't that good, but Rob started saying I wasn't giving it a chance while wearing the Occulus Rift - which was the only way to play the game. I told him I didn't want to wear it 'cause it hurts my eyes and Rob responded by pulling out the Rift from the van forcing it on me and taping it on my head. The others picked me up and threw me into the van to drive to 'Johns house'. It looked like the Virtual Boy and it hurt my eyes. I woke up with a headache.

When I woke up I was mostly just confused because I hadn't listen to one of your podcasts in two weeks. I took it as a sign to post here, but maybe it's a warning to stay away. I always say a good podcast is one that makes you feel like you are part of the conversation and I think this one does. I've never dreamed or heard of a dream about a podcast before though. Anyway, I thought that it was a funny story to relate, I hope you enjoyed it!

infernalism

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: June 26, 2013, 03:29:26 AM »

I'm sure we'll get him on soon to talk about it. :)
Then I have something to look forward to in future podcasts. :] I never even played a Kingdom Hearts game, but maybe when the new HD edition comes out, I'm going to snag that one up and see what the fuss is about. Also, not so excited about Final Fantasy anymore after what they've done with FF XIII and it's sequel, I also never played Persona, or Shin Megami Tensei (not really all that interested, unlike KH). You know what jrpg i would like to see anounced? Suikoden VI. Doesn't matter if for the current, or the next generation of consoles.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 65 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: