Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 09:46:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341100 Posts in 13941 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 70 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 105299 times)
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: July 05, 2013, 03:20:35 PM »

Emulation is absolutely possible in this instance. The hardware difference simply makes it more challenging, but certainly not impossible by any stretch of the imagination.

It's a simple matter of cost vs. benefit for Sony on this. Not cost vs. benefit for US, the consumer. Cost vs. benefit for Sony.

That's not, like, Sony being mean or anything necessarily. Just business and where limited resources are best focused.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 14, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »

Could be a really cool week for Random Encounter.  We're trying to line up another developer interview and we've got an episode devoted to character classes in the works.  Send us some emails, too!  I'd like to get another listener mail section into the next show.  Hopefully should have something by the end of the week! 
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #767 on: July 14, 2013, 12:43:51 PM »

So's your face.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: July 15, 2013, 02:37:47 PM »

Would love to hear an entire podcast dedicated to FFXIV: ARR. I think I put about 60 hours into Phase 3.  That will be my game until Dark Souls II is released.

29 / Gamer / Collector / Certified Nerd

Currently Playing - Samurai Warriors 4 (PS4)
Waiting On - Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O (PS4), Final Fantasy XV (PS4), Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, The Legend of Zelda, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 19, 2013, 11:50:27 AM »

Episode 67 is live!  Enjoy our discussion on character classes and an interview with Joe Weisman of Harebrained Schemes, makers of Shadowrun Returns! 
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: July 19, 2013, 01:07:38 PM »

on the subject of persistent pets and minions, I dislike them mainly because of how many wipes I've experienced in WoW caused by pets accidentally aggroing something they shouldn't. I'm all about more customization and uniqueness in terms of classes though and that's the strong suit of the Ogre Battle series. If people haven't played Ogre Battle 64, find a way to play it, customizing your units and characters was just such a joy in that game. It's actually one of the things I kind of didn't like in Final Fantasy Tactics, since everyone could just learn everything and it kind of kills the uniqueness of the classes. I would have liked it if they just sorta locked you into class progressions or maybe put limitations on the skills classes could use. But yeah, shadowrun returns pretty hype, been awhile since we got a good turn based isometric cyberpunk game.

Side note, I'm in favor of tanking myself, played a tank warrior in DA origins(my friends were all"why would you want to play a tank in a single player game?"), enhancement/elemental shaman in WoW off-tanking, rammus and malphite in LoL, guardian in GW2 and I'll probably try to tank in 14 if I end up going back to it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 01:17:27 PM by kofvscapcom » Logged

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: July 19, 2013, 04:50:29 PM »

Bwaaaaaa ???

Infiltrator in ME1 was awesome. You just need to put explosive rounds + damage mods on your sniper.
Your rifle overheats after each shot, but that shot is so stupidly powerful, it can one-shot the last boss if you activate assassination.
You basically end up seeing 3 Geth Prime running towards you and snipe the one in the middle and they all die with their corpses flying off.

On new game+ you can have the fastest pistol on an infiltrator with heat that's so low you can fire it infinitely even with the best damage mods (except explosive rounds, but even then, you have about 6 shots of those before you overheat)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: July 20, 2013, 03:12:35 PM »

Ogre Battle 64 is by far my favorite Nintendo 64 games.  Love that series!

29 / Gamer / Collector / Certified Nerd

Currently Playing - Samurai Warriors 4 (PS4)
Waiting On - Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O (PS4), Final Fantasy XV (PS4), Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, The Legend of Zelda, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: July 22, 2013, 12:17:32 PM »

My favorite classes in western RPGs always have summons or auras.  Ranged vs. melee vs. spells doesn't really matter as long as I can approach a mob, summon my guys and set up my buffs/debuffs, then clean house.  Barbarian, Druid, and Necromancer were my three favorite Diablo II classes and I really enjoy all four classes in TL2 because all of those have summon AND aura options (except for the D2 Barbarian, whose war shouts and look I love).  

I should also mention: I overwhelmingly prefer tribal/shamanistic looks over gothic/medieval looks.  I avoid knight/paladin/holy characters in general as a result.  Couldn't tell you way exactly, just a personal preference.  And I use male and female characters almost equally, since I care much more about class.  If I have the option, I go with my whim.  If I'm playing something for the second time, I'll usually try the sex I didn't use the first time.  

Favorite class ever: Samurai from Final Fantasy Tactics.  Blade Grasp is so strong it feels unfair.  Draw Out consists of decent-to-awesome offensive and defensive skills that require no charge time or MP usage and are immune to Brave or Faith effects.  That way you can create a low-Faith character with offense, defense, and support skills that can use MP for MP Switch.  Giving Draw Out to a Wizard, Priest, Oracle, or Summoner is the ****ing greatest.  

Least-favorite class ever: Battle Suits from Disgaea 4.  I love most of the Disgaea 4 classes and characters, but Battle Suits are just lame.  They're decent fighters, but automatically self-destruct when their HP goes below 10%.  I've had one at full health gain 40 levels after one attack, have its HP below 10% as a result of its new max HP, and then die.  **** Battle Suits.  
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:00:53 AM by Monsoon » Logged

PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 11, 2013, 09:49:43 PM »

Episode 68 is live.  Enjoy!
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 11, 2013, 10:33:51 PM »

Least-favorite class ever: Battle Suits from Disgaea 4.  I love most of the Disgaea 4 classes and characters, but Battle Suits are just lame.  They're decent fighters, but automatically self-destruct when their HP goes below 10%.  I've had one at full health gain 40 levels after one attack, have its HP below 10% as a result of its new max HP, and then die.  **** Battle Suits.  

Haha - that is tragically hilarious.  I must have never created one of them...

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: August 12, 2013, 01:21:41 AM »

You should've entered that Tales contest on Siliconera to get Rob a free tales game, and maybe done it as a team.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #777 on: August 12, 2013, 01:28:08 AM »

If Derek, Rob, and I were a Tales cast, we'd have awesome skits.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: August 12, 2013, 02:11:53 AM »

Haha - that is tragically hilarious.  I must have never created one of them...
Yeah, their requirements are on the high side, so most people don't create Battle Suits or Androids unless they delve into the post-game.  But seriously **** Battle Suits. 

I'll listen to the new cast tomorrow at work, probably.  Depends on whether I have an office day or field work. 

Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #779 on: August 12, 2013, 11:59:39 AM »

If Derek, Rob, and I were a Tales cast, we'd have awesome skits.

You're damn right about that. We need an original mascot character, too. Can it be a Teepo-sized green shield with eyes and a mouth that hovers over my shoulder? We'll call him "Emeralde."

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 70 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: