Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 06:22:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319791 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 60 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 78254 times)
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: January 15, 2014, 04:13:24 PM »

Episode 74 is live!  Enjoy!!
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 15, 2014, 04:15:29 PM »

Put me in the camp that played Path of Exile, Diablo 3, and Torchlight 2 and adores Torchlight 2 vastly more above all of them.

The views of Random Encounter do not necessarily reflect the views of RPGFan. Especially if they are Rob's views. ;-P
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 15, 2014, 04:48:59 PM »

Hush, you...
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: January 15, 2014, 04:58:56 PM »

Put me in the camp that played Path of Exile, Diablo 3, and Torchlight 2 and adores Torchlight 2 vastly more above all of them.
Is there a way for me to send you a high five buy you a drink over the internet?  Because I would love to. 

Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: January 15, 2014, 05:30:23 PM »

Is there a way for me to send you a high five buy you a drink over the internet?  Because I would love to. 

http://mashable.com/2013/10/28/starbucks-tweet-a-coffee/
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #830 on: January 15, 2014, 06:18:42 PM »

Each of you who tweets Dave a coffee for that is going to be in big trouble when I get home.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 15, 2014, 06:52:07 PM »

My love still burns as strong as it ever did.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2012/1980.html
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #832 on: January 16, 2014, 12:27:09 AM »

I was just kidding by the way, everyone should send Dave all the gifts he knows what to do with.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: January 16, 2014, 12:00:38 PM »

just couldn't get into torchlight 2, can't name why but just didn't enjoy it as much as path of exile or diablo. The other two games kinda throw you cool new stuff or abilities every few levels that was cool and kept you interested, especially the gem linking thing of path that reminded me of the stuff you could do with materia. With torchlight the character progression curve just felt more gradual and the pet buying and selling stuff for you was really convenient but I felt as though I didn't have as many options as I did in the other 2 games. Also, I hate distributing stat points.

As for the persona front, it's all about Persona 4: Dancing all Night. And hopefully that Theatrythmn sequel comes out this year.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 16, 2014, 01:26:56 PM »

Also, I hate distributing stat points.

I just died a little bit ;-P
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: January 16, 2014, 01:28:25 PM »

I'm actually the same way. I have a minor nervous breakdown every time I level up in Diablo 2 and the two Torchlights.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 16, 2014, 01:38:13 PM »

I'm actually the same way. I have a minor nervous breakdown every time I level up in Diablo 2 and the two Torchlights.

That's actually one of the big dividing lines between the games I think. D3 auto distributing the points/dictating my skills was a big turnoff.

It's awesome that they exist to cater to all markets. I think based on sales you'd have to say the "don't want to distribute points camp" is the larger camp these days!
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #837 on: January 16, 2014, 02:46:24 PM »

I miss the "click on the roll button for Baldur's Gate Characters until you get the stats you want until... oh fuck you clicked one too many times and lost the character with 3 18s" days.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
PrismFlux
Contributing Editor

Destroy the Facade

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #838 on: January 16, 2014, 03:00:55 PM »

I miss the "click on the roll button for Baldur's Gate Characters until you get the stats you want until... oh fuck you clicked one too many times and lost the character with 3 18s" days.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: January 16, 2014, 05:17:06 PM »

The lack of stat and skill distribution in Diablo III just murdered the game's replay value for me.  I wasn't making MY Barbarian or MY Witch Doctor - I was just playing exactly the same character everyone else was playing.  Even if you customize skills, runes, and passives, it just makes conforming to a cookie-cutter build easier than ever.  TL2 was a nice compromise between the lack of risk in Diablo III and the 20 points of terror in choosing skills in Diablo II. 

Also, Rob.  Come on.  Why are you treating a demo like it's the introduction to an entire game.  Derek has the right of it - it's not a great demo, but it's a ****ing demo.  It's trying to cram as much gameplay crap as possible into a limited space.  Story and characters are a non-factor for a demo.  Most Bravely Default fans already know if they want the game or not; I was pleasantly surprised that there's a demo at all. 

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 60 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: