Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 09:56:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338011 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 66 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 100635 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #915 on: May 20, 2014, 10:19:49 AM »

I must second the Dark Cloud 2 remake, really enjoyed the music in that game. Also the camera invention system was cool and so was the golf mini-game.

^

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #916 on: May 22, 2014, 05:27:02 PM »

I'm with Rob on Fallout 4. I wanted it last E3 =(
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #917 on: May 22, 2014, 05:30:41 PM »

I'm with Rob on Fallout 4. I wanted it last E3 =(

In my heart, I know we'll have it someday,.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 22, 2014, 06:36:01 PM »

As somebody who played Skylanders (Giants), I have to say that it's actually a fun game.  Greatest game ever?  No way.  But fun.  When you weren't being frustrated trying to get your hands on those last three figures you need for your collection, that is.  (In the end, I got every character that was released in generation 1 or 2 of the game, but just one copy of each guy.)

I think they're running into the same issue that the Guitar Hero/Rock Band genre did.  So much hardware, and every game/generation has to add its own into the mix.  Pokemon Rumble, Disney Infinity, Skylanders 1, 2, 3 (and I've seen trailers for the next entry in that series already)...  There's just not enough room at anyone's house or wallet to hold them all.  I think this is a genre that's going to burn out soon.

That said, one of the things that helped Skylanders succeed was that the figures are high-quality and have designs cool enough that you don't get depressed every time you see them.  Nintendo will, I assume, also succeed in this area.  And they've got one advantage over Skylanders: they'd be building a game with established characters that players love and will want to have.  They'd just better not pull the Disney Infinity crap with the blind grab bags of tokens.  I don't like that game's general design, either, where you can only play with characters in their own world or in the sandbox where you have to build your own game.

So if anyone can make it work, it's Nintendo.  But I won't be buying it, or a Wii U just so I could play it.

And yeah, a Fallout 4 announcement would make my month.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 23, 2014, 11:11:16 AM »

Persona 3 Portable has taken over my life.  That is all. 
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #920 on: May 23, 2014, 11:14:53 AM »

Persona 3 Portable has taken over my life.  That is all. 

I'm a good friend.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #921 on: May 23, 2014, 11:18:40 AM »

As somebody who played Skylanders (Giants), I have to say that it's actually a fun game.  Greatest game ever?  No way.  But fun.  When you weren't being frustrated trying to get your hands on those last three figures you need for your collection, that is.  (In the end, I got every character that was released in generation 1 or 2 of the game, but just one copy of each guy.)

I think they're running into the same issue that the Guitar Hero/Rock Band genre did.  So much hardware, and every game/generation has to add its own into the mix.  Pokemon Rumble, Disney Infinity, Skylanders 1, 2, 3 (and I've seen trailers for the next entry in that series already)...  There's just not enough room at anyone's house or wallet to hold them all.  I think this is a genre that's going to burn out soon.

That said, one of the things that helped Skylanders succeed was that the figures are high-quality and have designs cool enough that you don't get depressed every time you see them.  Nintendo will, I assume, also succeed in this area.  And they've got one advantage over Skylanders: they'd be building a game with established characters that players love and will want to have.  They'd just better not pull the Disney Infinity crap with the blind grab bags of tokens.  I don't like that game's general design, either, where you can only play with characters in their own world or in the sandbox where you have to build your own game.

So if anyone can make it work, it's Nintendo.  But I won't be buying it, or a Wii U just so I could play it.

And yeah, a Fallout 4 announcement would make my month.

Funny that you post that as it was JUST revealed that Super Smash Bros. Wii U will be the first title to use figurines. How is anyone's guess, which I think is stupid. You can't just say "We're adding figurines to one of our biggest system sellers. more details later" and not expect worst-case-scenario rumor overload.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #922 on: June 06, 2014, 03:34:10 PM »

Haha spot on with the narrator description with Transistor.
All in all, not a terrible game, but I've sort of lost interest in it, just doesn't seem to have the driving power of other games.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 06, 2014, 04:07:14 PM »

I think Transistor's flat, detached feeling goes a long way towards conveying the world and alienating players.  Kinda interesting how it worked out.

So yeah, Episode 80 is now live!  We will, hopefully, record two podcasts while at E3.  Look forward to it! 
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #924 on: June 06, 2014, 04:12:31 PM »

AND ROB FORGOT TO MENTION THE GAME I PLAYED YET AGAIN IN THE DESCRIPTION.

we also talk Denpa Men 3.

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: June 06, 2014, 08:56:26 PM »

KOTOR 3 #Believe
Actually, I don't know, KOTOR 2 bugged out on me so much I never actually finished it, but it'd be cool for Bioware to revive the franchise.

As for Destiny, pretty hyped, might end up buying a PS4 just for that to play with friends.

This E3 just hoping for Capcom to revive one of their other franchises, they got so many to choose from. They actually kind of tried it, making that new strider game, but you got franchises like Godhand and Breath of Fire, maybe even a new Demon' Crest? I would also settle for a Capcom vs SNK 3 or new Onimusha. Hell, make an updated Super Puzzle Fighter or Gem Fighter.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: June 08, 2014, 12:54:18 PM »

Glad you guys talked about Drakengard! I have a theory that all the gameplay problems were a deliberate design choice put in by Yokoo Taro to upset people.

I also kinda want to play wasteland now.

PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 14, 2014, 04:15:35 PM »

Our E3 podcast is now live!  Enjoy! 
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 07, 2014, 12:54:22 AM »

Episode 82 is live.  Enjoy! 
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: July 07, 2014, 01:15:44 AM »

So far it just makes me wanna play Shovel Knight

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 66 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: