Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« Reply #1215 on: March 16, 2016, 09:22:12 PM »
Found it!  There were ellipses in the description, and RSS readers don't like special characters.  I fixed it, and it shows up on my Android phone now, as well as on the iTunes website.  Say the word if you have trouble on your phone, though.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

PaleRobbie

• Podcast Host
  • Administrator
  • Fear the old blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 16, 2016, 09:32:40 PM »
Sorry about that, everyone.  What's weird is it updated automatically on my Galaxy, so I didn't think there was a problem.  I'm using Pocket Casts instead of the standard app, so maybe that had something to do with it? 

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 16, 2016, 09:38:27 PM »
Yeah, from what I've seen in the past, some readers will accept things that others won't.  If pocket casts read it OK, I'm guessing that folks who get it from iTunes were probably OK too - for some reason, it accepts things that iPhone won't. Super weird.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 16, 2016, 11:03:37 PM »
I was feenin for some podcast goodness today at work and it wasn't showing up on my iphone. :(

Just checked and it works now though!

PaleRobbie

• Podcast Host
  • Administrator
  • Fear the old blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 18, 2016, 11:57:39 AM »
I need some help from our listeners right now.  I've put about three hours into Steins;Gate and, well, the beginning of this game is so damn slow that it's actively making me want to take a nap while trying to play it.  I keep hearing that the story is going to pick up, but I'm wondering just how much more I need to push through to get to the good stuff.  For the record, I'm on Chapter 2 right now. 

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
  • RPGFan Editor
  • RPGFan's Resident Dirtbag
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #1220 on: March 18, 2016, 12:18:25 PM »
Steins;Gate takes 20 hours for the action to happen. It's all "when do we get to the fireworks factory" until like chapter 6. It's no Zero Escape, for sure. I have a lot of issues with it.
how's my posting? call 1-800-pee-pee-poo-poo

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 18, 2016, 12:53:37 PM »
If you have trouble with the game, dropping it and watching the anime is a valid course of action.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 18, 2016, 03:11:39 PM »
I need some help from our listeners right now.  I've put about three hours into Steins;Gate and, well, the beginning of this game is so damn slow that it's actively making me want to take a nap while trying to play it.  I keep hearing that the story is going to pick up, but I'm wondering just how much more I need to push through to get to the good stuff.  For the record, I'm on Chapter 2 right now. 

You have to approach all VNs as if they're slice-of-life if you really want to get the most out of them.  Or, alternatively...
If you have trouble with the game, dropping it and watching the anime is a valid course of action.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

missRPGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 13, 2016, 01:51:34 PM »
So I was listening to your podcast on Tetris and I have one question. Is Tetris a RPG? I thought of it more as a puzzle game than an RPG. First time I played Tetris was on Gameboy. I remember small scenes, a city and maybe a person. I'm not sure what version you guys played where you got the RPG element from.

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com
« Reply #1224 on: April 13, 2016, 01:57:42 PM »
Steins;Gate takes 20 hours for the action to happen. It's all "when do we get to the fireworks factory" until like chapter 6. It's no Zero Escape, for sure. I have a lot of issues with it.

I HAVE TO GO NOW, MY PLANET NEEDS ME.
THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: April 13, 2016, 01:58:19 PM »
So I was listening to your podcast on Tetris and I have one question. Is Tetris a RPG? I thought of it more as a puzzle game than an RPG. First time I played Tetris was on Gameboy. I remember small scenes, a city and maybe a person. I'm not sure what version you guys played where you got the RPG element from.

Not an RPG at all.  That was our April Fools episode of Retro Encounter.  We picked Tetris in part because we thought it would be so super obvious that we were making stuff up.

Given that, I have been extremely happy to see more than one person sincerely ask that question - makes me feel like we did a really good job. :)  In case you missed it, I wrote a review of it as well, and we posted them together.  It is probably my favorite thing I've written for RPGFan in the almost 9 years I've been with the site.  (Although I was also pretty happy with another April Fools article I wrote back in 2011 "revealing" details about the next Kingdom Hearts game.)

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Tetris/index.html
—Kurt Vonnegut

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 13, 2016, 02:48:55 PM »

Not an RPG at all.  That was our April Fools episode of Retro Encounter.  We picked Tetris in part because we thought it would be so super obvious that we were making stuff up.

Given that, I have been extremely happy to see more than one person sincerely ask that question - makes me feel like we did a really good job. :)  In case you missed it, I wrote a review of it as well, and we posted them together.  It is probably my favorite thing I've written for RPGFan in the almost 9 years I've been with the site.  (Although I was also pretty happy with another April Fools article I wrote back in 2011 "revealing" details about the next Kingdom Hearts game.)

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Tetris/index.html

LOL: "Story 100%"
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Embryon

• RPGFan Editor
  • モナドの力
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 13, 2016, 05:17:31 PM »
And on that note, episode 108 is live. Enjoy! Send us your Noctis X Gladiolus fanfics: podcast at RPGFan dot com.
"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager

Raze

• View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 13, 2016, 09:22:21 PM »
Someone's breathing into the mic!

PaleRobbie

• Podcast Host
  • Administrator
  • Fear the old blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 13, 2016, 09:32:05 PM »
The new Skype recorder software has been incredibly temperamental the past few episodes.  Sorry about that and we'll try to fix it up in the future!