Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread

Grainofariver

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« Reply #1320 on: April 30, 2017, 02:51:21 AM »
Spend a few minutes talking about how good Persona 5 is.
Spend the rest of the hour talking about how it's terrible and needs to burned alive.
K.

:)
I like crackers... but only the good kind.

Embryon

• RPGFan Editor
  • モナドの力
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 30, 2017, 03:09:51 AM »
Spend the rest of the hour talking about how it's terrible and needs to burned alive.
K.

Nobody said that. You're misrepresenting the discussion.
"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager

Grainofariver

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 30, 2017, 04:16:59 AM »
K.

Nobody said that. You're misrepresenting the discussion.

I was joking. I thought the little smiley conveyed that, but I guess not. My b.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 04:20:26 AM by Grainofariver »

Grainofariver

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 30, 2017, 04:19:33 AM »
and I did a double post instead of modify. My bad again...

Embryon

• RPGFan Editor
  • モナドの力
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 30, 2017, 11:36:18 AM »
My apologies, then. Tone is always hard to interpret via text. :) Persona 5 is amaaaazing, though. I'm trying to decide which DLC pack I want to buy for my second playthrough...probably the Catherine one, once it's out!

Grainofariver

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 30, 2017, 04:40:15 PM »
I was so confused the first time I heard the song that plays with the Catherine costumes. I'd completed the game, yet never heard that song. After looking up where it came from, my second thought was that it most definitely makes a better battle tune than a tower climbing one... and it makes a pretty freaking good tower climbing one.

Persona 5 is most definitely a fantastic game! Even having played P4:Golden, SMTIV, SMTIV:Apocalypse, and both Cold Steel games for the first time within the past year, each of which have provided me with some of the best JRPG experiences I've had in years, P5 easily stands out above them all. Atlus did a fantastic job, and I absolutely do not regret spending the extra for the Take Your Heart edition. Nor do I regret my desire to buy all of the costumes just to support them more.

While I absolutely understand the fear that it could go to their head, resulting in scummy DLC practices, I'd say there are two major differences. First, they actually made an extremely solid, polished, and complete game that absolutely stands on its own without any kind of added content. Second, it's all purely cosmetic, and doesn't block any important story elements behind a paywall. I totally understand the disappointment of communities (particularly of those like Tales) who feel disappointed that neat bonuses like costumes are now something you pay for, but having seen games where content was removed from the game to be sold back as DLC, or significant plot elements were only explained in DLC, I'm all for cosmetics only.

Not that I'm against content DLC if done well - Artorias of the Abyss was fantastic! In fact, if Atlus DOES decide on an FES/Golden enhancement to P5, I hope they release it (or at least, have the option of obtaining it as) DLC. While I don't mind paying for the TYH edition and costumes, I'd feel a little salty if all of that went to waste because they announced a new model later this year.

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 09, 2017, 01:42:19 AM »
The guest on the most recent episode was a pleasant surprise and yall should bring him back more often!

Also I appreciated Derek's rant about minions and rabbids being hot trash.  I'm glad I'm not the only person that finds both characters so contemptible.

Embryon

• RPGFan Editor
  • モナドの力
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 09, 2017, 01:48:07 AM »
The guest on the most recent episode was a pleasant surprise and yall should bring him back more often!

Also I appreciated Derek's rant about minions and rabbids being hot trash.  I'm glad I'm not the only person that finds both characters so contemptible.

T H A N K. Y O U. Minions make me want to die. Of course, announcing my hatred has only pushed my friends into sending me all kinds of minion shit just to get a rise out of me. I can't win, lol.

We'll try to get him back on the show soon! :]

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 09, 2017, 09:58:09 AM »
Minions are the literal worst.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 15, 2017, 02:12:01 PM »

It was great for me too ^^. I'm happy you enjoyed it as much as I did!
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 15, 2017, 02:43:29 PM »
Taelus lives!!
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 24, 2017, 12:10:36 PM »

It was great for me too ^^. I'm happy you enjoyed it as much as I did!

You, Rob and Derek always had a really fantastic dynamic, which is probably the main thing I enjoy in the podcasts I listen to.  Especially with video games as a topic, I feel like it helps the conversation flow more freely and promotes better discussion when the dynamic between the hosts is so good.

Embryon

• RPGFan Editor
  • モナドの力
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 24, 2017, 03:06:34 PM »
I'm really pleased to hear that, Marshmallow. Thank you for listening and for taking the time to write here on the forums. I think we've all said it a zillion times by now, but we do this purely out of love for games, so it means a lot that you're able to get something out of our discussions. :)

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: July 09, 2017, 03:31:48 PM »
Seconded to everything Derek said-- and thank you again for the positive feedback! I'll have to come back soon :)
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.