Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 03:38:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337846 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  This Fall/Winter is gonna suck....but is also awesome.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: This Fall/Winter is gonna suck....but is also awesome.  (Read 9103 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2006, 11:04:49 PM »

Well I was looking through gamestops PS2 RPG section, and Holy Crap....I was hoping maybe to buy a new system this year...but I guess not...granted, not all those release dates are set in stone, but I wouldnt doubt that a majority will be out by then...

Rogue Galaxy
Marvel Universe
FFXII
.Hack GU
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2
Xenosaga III
Valkyrie Profile 2

and thats just to name a few...also Disgeae 2, Ar Tonelico..its like...GAHHH!!!

Im gonna be soo poor ><

So yeah...I dunno exactly what the point of htis post is...cept to...inform folks of the wave of stuff coming.  I guess....the point of the post is to see who else will be ending up uber poor...lol

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 11:10:59 PM »

If it weren't for the Virtual Console, I /might/ have waited on that in favor of this treasure trove of games - the new control system fascinates me, but buying old games has sold me. As is... Well dammit. :P

Also, it's either Devil Summoner 3, or just Devil Summoner. It's not a sequel to anything that came out here, and it's preceded by two titles over in Japan.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 11:11:39 PM »

I'll allow myself to buy one or two games, maybe beg for one for Christmas from somebody, but besides that I'm not allowing myself to waste precious, precious book money on games anymore, especially when I get bored and go back to PS1 RPGs like I am now.

Anyway, I'll most definitely buy Devil Summoner and Xenosaga III. ArTonelico and Rogue Galaxy might be good RPGs to buy in the summer after the price has fallen, and I might just get Disgaea 2 to appease the girlfriend.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 11:30:08 PM »

Of your list I'm only interested in Rogue Galaxy and Valkyrie Profile 2. But there is another far more important title being released late this fall, and that title is The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Not to mention the Wii/Revolution. For me those two items will take precedence over everything else. If I miss out on Rogue Galaxy and Valkyrie Profile 2 because of them, well, that's just tough shit.
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 11:39:55 PM »

Indeed, too much good stuff.

Also Final Fantasy III DS, Deep Labyrinth, Contact, Yggdra Union, Rule of Rose (not an RPG, I know)...  Yup, I'm gonna spend quiet a bit.  Oh well, I had no plans to get any next gen console... unless Shin Megami Tensei IV or something became a launch title. :P
Lost Fragment

polybius42
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 12:07:12 AM »

Yeah, I know. I'm thinking about taking out a loan, myself.

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 12:18:35 AM »

Screw the consoles. It's all about the RPGs.
I mean, the consoles will be avalible for forever and a day, so I'm not in any rush to buy one of them any time soon, but the RPGs are the complete opposite. I plan on snagging most, if not all, of the ones you listed in your first post. I can't wait :P
Lost Fragment

polybius42
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 12:32:26 AM »

Quote from: "Sketch"
Screw the consoles. It's all about the RPGs.
I mean, the consoles will be avalible for forever and a day, so I'm not in any rush to buy one of them any time soon, but the RPGs are the complete opposite. I plan on snagging most, if not all, of the ones you listed in your first post. I can't wait :P

Old school RPGs for the Wiin.

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 02:47:13 AM »

In-store preorders FTW!  Take as much time as you need to pay off everything a bit at a time.

I don't know how I'd be able to pick up eight games that I want this fall.  Especially since they all seem to be releasing so close together.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
demifiend

eqrunnerguy
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 01:09:24 PM »

I got Devil Summoner, Valkyrie Profile, Rogue Galaxy, Neverwinter Nights 2, and (maybe) Final Fantasy XII to look forward to. I also plan to pick up Rule of Rose, since it's an Atlus title and probably won't ever be seen again the day after it comes out.
Oh yeah, Xenosaga III as well. Although, thats more of a late summer title.
I just don't have much draw to pick up either system at launch, with so many good RPGs coming out. I will get the PS3 without a doubt, probably by next summer, and maybe the Wii before that. But, with whats coming out for Sony's last hurrah on the PS2, I'm going to be mighty busy and broke for a good long time.

... You have created a demon of your heart's designs, fallen angel? Then doom shall set us apart... now and forevermore... -YHWH (?), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Mass Effect (again!), Persona 3, Lost Odyssey
RECENTLY COMPLETED: Mass Effect, The World Ends With You
ANTICIPATING: Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles, Wrath of the Lich King, Fallout 3
QUEUED: Lost track!
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 01:16:50 PM »

Yeah, it's been said before - this Autumn/Winter is going to be awesome for RPG (and PS2) releases. There are so many games I want to get:

Okami
Disgaea 2
ArTonelico
God of War 2
Rogue Galaxy
Devil Summoner
Final Fantasy XII
Xenosagap Episode 3
Persona 3 (presumably)
Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria

And I'm sure I've forgotten some. I'm going to priotize and pick up the ATLUS/NIS games first, as they're bound to go out of print fast. The Squeenix/Namco/Sony published games will available for a long time, so I can pick up those whenever.
beans
Cool Hand

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 10:38:53 PM »

While I am looking forward to Valkyrie Profile 2 and Rogue Galaxy, the game I can't wait for is Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Captain America, Thor, Thing and Ghost Rider?  Yea... I want that.  If Nick Fury was playable I'd revert to 7 years old right now and run around making machine gun noises.

Still trying to shoot the damn dog in Duck Hunt.
Lost Fragment

polybius42
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 12:17:29 AM »

Well, scratch Rogue Galaxy from that list perhaps. We (RPGLand) talked to Sony PR today and...

Sony has announced that the release of Rogue Galaxy has been delayed until January of 2007, due to the insane amount of changes going on with the American version. Until now, the game was to debut stateside this fall. For those wondering "what changes?" these include a new planet, over 100 new items, and a radically different use of the combo system. This information comes officially from the publishers.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 10:39:09 AM »

NOOOOOO!

*cries*

Well at least they are adding some new stuff...still...it looked so fun :(

But ahh well, there is plenty to keep me occupied till 2007 haha ^^

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 11:45:21 AM »

Boo! I was really looking forward to Rogue Galaxy. At least, next year has something really good to start off. :9

These lists of games give me goosebumps just thinking of all that great gaming that isn't too far off. Though it's pretty obvious, I'm just another rabid fan that wants to get their hands on Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess this fall/winter season. Also, I'm curious to see if Enchanted Arms is any good too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: