Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 02:42:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334646 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  This Fall/Winter is gonna suck....but is also awesome.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: This Fall/Winter is gonna suck....but is also awesome.  (Read 9032 times)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 12:25:54 PM »

My reaction is yay!  There is way too much stuff coming out at once so I welcome a delay.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 01:39:23 PM »

Still, I have yet to see a source other than Lost Fragment/RPGLand post that news. Not to be an untrusting ass, but... I'll wait until I hear it elsewhere. :P

I wouldn't mind a delay though. I've been waiting for a long while on this, but god damn. There's so much shit that'll be out this fall, that it'd be great the lighten the load, espicially with the new consoles to worry about too.
Lost Fragment

polybius42
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 05:44:09 PM »

Still, I have yet to see a source other than Lost Fragment/RPGLand post that news. Not to be an untrusting ass, but... I'll wait until I hear it elsewhere. :P

Heh, if that stuff isn't true, then we were the ones that were lied to :P But yeah, I can't honestly blame you.

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 03:09:23 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
I wouldn't mind a delay though. I've been waiting for a long while on this, but god damn. There's so much shit that'll be out this fall, that it'd be great the lighten the load, espicially with the new consoles to worry about too.

I'd have to agree.  Although I won't be picking up any of the new consoles for a while (except maybe the Wii), having Rouge Galaxy delayed means a load off the October preorders.  October seems to be when most of the games I want are releasing.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 06:39:37 PM »

While I would have prefered to have a different title get delayed, at least this'll give me some time to scrape together some funds to pay for them all :P
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2006, 09:06:59 PM »

I wouldn't have even noticed that Rogue Galaxy got delayed, with everything that's coming out this fall, including two console launches. But I'm only buying the Wii.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2006, 05:11:59 AM »

I cannot wait for Final Fantasy XII.  I haven't looked forward to a new FF since well..ever?  It just looks so good this time around, change is for the best.  I'm a sucker for sci-fi and the worlds they have.  Ivalice looks amazing.

Couldn't wait for Rogue Galaxy either, but not a big deal that it's delayed.  FF3 looks iffy, Dirge of Cerberus looks reaaaaaallllly iffy.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2006, 05:34:53 AM »

PSU where? everyone needs to buy this game XD since the EU version is cominging out in november october seems likely for us PSU. late august for the jp rev

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Gondor_Reficul

Gondor Reficul (gondor_the_feral
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2006, 02:29:40 AM »

FF XII is coming out within a few months? Sweet! I've been waiting for this for...I don't know, but who cares, It's coming out soon. If it doesn't, I'll go insane. I love FF, and I need my FF "fix".

Mwahahahahahahahahaha!
Take this! Double Slash of Fury! Dragon Roar! Kaboom!
Wait...Kaboom? I gotta stop drinking that special juice Yangus made a week ago in the Alchemy Pot.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 03:25:25 AM »

FFXII is to your PS2 as chocolate is to milk: Delicious.

And hey, I'll finally be able to play it in English.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 04:17:56 AM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
PSU where? everyone needs to buy this game XD since the EU version is cominging out in november october seems likely for us PSU. late august for the jp rev

I'm picking up PSU.  Hell, maybe I'll actually be able to playit online this time.   I missed out on the first two games for the Dreamcast.[/i]

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »

Final Fantasy XII and Valkyrie Profile:Silmeria for me. :D And Persona 3 if it comes out this year. I'm assuming it's going to be out next year though.

I just downloaded the soundtrack for VP2 and it's making me want to play it even more.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 07:16:24 PM »

Ton of interesting games coming out.

If the rogue galaxy delay is indeed true, I won't be crying any tears.  I am interested in this game but there is just too much coming out in the next few months.  Maybe i'll have more of a break by the time it comes out.  At this point, I couldn't even give a shit about the new consoles because there are just too many good games coming out for the PS2.

Persona 3 also seems more likely for a winter release, so i'm glad about that too.  If it comes out, I won't complain but we'll just have to wait and see.

The games i'm looking forward to the most are Valkyrie Profile 2 (Ryan says it's great, so i'll take his word for it), FFXII, and .hack//GU.  I'm looking forward to all the games, but those are sticking out the most for me at the moment.  My wallet is weeping.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Radien

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2006, 12:33:25 AM »

Quote from: "Spoony Mage"

I'm picking up PSU.  Hell, maybe I'll actually be able to playit online this time.   I missed out on the first two games for the Dreamcast.

The second game was for Gamecube and XBox. ;)

Yeah, I know it's going to sound like I'm nitpicking. But version 1 and 2 really do look like the same game when compared with Episode 1 & 2. I still stand by my Gamecube PSO... the only reason I didn't play it more is probably because I overplayed it so much on Dreamcast. Sigh. Well, I guess there comes a point when one must move on. For me, over two thousand hours on various versions of the same game is probably coming to that point.

That is why I might pass on PSU. So much time and money ends up being spent on online games that I think I might prefer spreading my time and money among the many other excellent single-player games I have lined up.

In particular...

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

I think it is appropriate to place the title on its own line, because I am staking my strongest hopes that it will end up being my top favorite game of all time. I know people have made such wagers before and really regretted it, myself included. But it's been about 5 years since I've expected any such results from a game, and this time I have every reason to believe that it will be a truly incredible game.

At the very very least, I'm sure I'll enjoy it more than I did Wind Waker, and that alone will still make me very happy. If it is as good as Ocarina of Time, however, then I will undoubtedly end up replaying more than any other game in my collection.

~Radien of Lunarnet.

No, not LunarNET... Lunarnet, the IRC network. We've been around even longer than LunarNET, we're just smaller.  There's an #RPGFan channel there. Check it out.

Point your IRC program here:

irc.lunarnet.org
port 6667
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006, 10:10:19 AM »

Quote from: "Radien"
Quote from: "Spoony Mage"

I'm picking up PSU.  Hell, maybe I'll actually be able to playit online this time.   I missed out on the first two games for the Dreamcast.

The second game was for Gamecube and XBox. ;)

Yeah, I know it's going to sound like I'm nitpicking. But version 1 and 2 really do look like the same game when compared with Episode 1 & 2. I still stand by my Gamecube PSO... the only reason I didn't play it more is probably because I overplayed it so much on Dreamcast. Sigh. Well, I guess there comes a point when one must move on. For me, over two thousand hours on various versions of the same game is probably coming to that point.

That is why I might pass on PSU. So much time and money ends up being spent on online games that I think I might prefer spreading my time and money among the many other excellent single-player games I have lined up.

In particular...

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

I think it is appropriate to place the title on its own line, because I am staking my strongest hopes that it will end up being my top favorite game of all time. I know people have made such wagers before and really regretted it, myself included. But it's been about 5 years since I've expected any such results from a game, and this time I have every reason to believe that it will be a truly incredible game.

At the very very least, I'm sure I'll enjoy it more than I did Wind Waker, and that alone will still make me very happy. If it is as good as Ocarina of Time, however, then I will undoubtedly end up replaying more than any other game in my collection.

you could always just play the offline story =P
it seems a lot of people are assuming its just a new pso and dont know about the offline story.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: