Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 11:02:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319313 Posts in 13037 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ninokuni (Ghibli + Level 5 RPG) going PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print
Author Topic: Ninokuni (Ghibli + Level 5 RPG) going PS3  (Read 19112 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2011, 06:46:59 AM »

http://kotaku.com/ni-no-kuni/

beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2011, 11:15:55 AM »

this is the jrpg i'm most excited about. i've watched most of the videos and the only thing that i thought might turn me off is that some of the boss battles looked easy. i hope either i'm wrong or that they have difficulty settings.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2011, 07:42:46 PM »

Those new videos at the front page are really good

Is it just me that wished that Level-5 themselves did the localization for the game ? I mean, Namco has a habit of delivering so many "bad to okay" voice acting when done outside of Japan.
Since this game is coming only to PS3 I sincerely hope there's no excuse this time to include both audio tracks, since there will be no limited space on bluray. This gives a nice incentive to play the game again at a later moment.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2011, 06:55:46 AM »

Those new videos at the front page are really good

Since this game is coming only to PS3 I sincerely hope there's no excuse this time to include both audio tracks, since there will be no limited space on bluray. This gives a nice incentive to play the game again at a later moment.

I'm hoping for the same thing.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2011, 11:01:51 AM »

This game still doesn't interest me, but I might snag it if the reviews are good.

I dunno... there's something lame about giving orders to a monster half a child's size to fight for me... and cruel. :P
But hey, a Level-5 RPG has been missing for a long time.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2011, 02:53:18 PM »

I dunno... there's something lame about giving orders to a monster half a child's size to fight for me... and cruel. :P

That's the whole idea of Pokemon!
Well, at least in pokemon there are some big ones and they get healed inside the pokeball.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2011, 04:32:16 PM »

This game still doesn't interest me, but I might snag it if the reviews are good.

If anything the visuals will melt your eyes.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2011, 08:59:59 PM »

If anything the visuals will melt your eyes.

They're really not, though.  Anyone else find it lame our main hero is a typically dressed brow-haired boy with red and blue clothing?  I know that Japanese tend to be overly flamboyant, but the kid is boring looking.

The visuals are okay.  I think the backgrounds are outdoing anything in terms of character models... even moreso than that cat king or whatever the heck...  The backgrounds, like I said, is absolutely amazing stuff (I just wanted to emphasize).

I find Ghibli overrated, and I have some faith in Level-5.... BUT, I do have faith in this to be a good game despite my shit talking.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:14:15 PM by Dice » Logged

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2011, 12:26:02 PM »

Very disappointing sales in Japan, let's hope it at least has some legs...

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch # <RPG> (Level 5) {2011.11.17} (8.800) - 67.032 / NEW

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2011, 12:37:19 PM »

Very disappointing sales in Japan, let's hope it at least has some legs...

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch # <RPG> (Level 5) {2011.11.17} (8.800) - 67.032 / NEW

The DS's version was slow to start too IIRC.

Weird.  I thought Ghibli had the midas touch ($$) over there.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:44:25 PM by Dice » Logged

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2011, 12:41:36 PM »

Looking at sales, I know the 360 isn't big in Japan but it's funny seeing the PS3 version of Modern Warfare 3 outsell the 360 version by far.

Yeah the DS version of Ni no Kuni had a slow start too. Sales picked up a bit after good reviews though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2011, 11:40:09 AM »

it looks like it's one part turn based, one part real time. if that's the case i hope it's done right. i really like action based combat when it's not just hack and slash till dead. by the same token i like a turn based as long as there is some involved strategy going on. either way, for me strategy is the make or break element of this game.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2011, 11:32:42 PM »

I find Ghibli overrated, and I have some faith in Level-5.... BUT, I do have faith in this to be a good game despite my shit talking.

I rarely hear that about Ghibli. RARELY. Ghibli movies are about the only Japanese anime I can stomach. Visuals and storylines unlike anything I've ever seen.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2011, 02:16:54 AM »

I rarely hear that about Ghibli. RARELY. Ghibli movies are about the only Japanese anime I can stomach. Visuals and storylines unlike anything I've ever seen.

Depends.  I find Princess Mononoke are work of art.  I thought Ponyo sucked garbage other than when Ponyo was being cute.  I found Spirit Away bi-polar; some of it was absolutely fascinating, some of it was too dull for too long (everything before the spirit world, watching her train ride).  One thing I hate are the "director's trademarks" that have become all too bizarre... Ghibli seems to love "ooze" for some reason (Mononoke, Howl, and Spirited), there's usually some scene of character gorging on food that I watched for no apparent reason, and I got really annoyed seeing Yubaba [sp?] and the Old Sofie looking damn near like the same old lady. 

I'm not a Miyazaki fan as much as I take each title for what it's worth on its own.

Myes, you can throw the tomatoes at me now. =/

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2011, 02:43:47 AM »

Myes, you can throw the tomatoes at me now. =/

Ponyo was one of their weaker movies, so I don't seriously think any but the most rabid fans can hold that against you. Check out stuff like Laputa or Porco Rosso, Nausicaa MAY be worth checking out but it's essentially the same story as Mononoke so it may come off as redundant instead.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: