Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 10:22:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335258 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ninokuni (Ghibli + Level 5 RPG) going PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Ninokuni (Ghibli + Level 5 RPG) going PS3  (Read 22975 times)
lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2011, 01:39:39 PM »

Well, I think we can all agree on which one is prettier.
Considering it's Level-5, a studio that rarely screws up

lol

lol???

Guess he's referring to White Knight Chronicles?
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2011, 11:07:37 AM »

I just saw the latest trailer posted on the main site.  If I didn't already have ready access to a Playstation 3, I would seriously consider buying one just to play this game if a Western release were announced.  It looks like an animated film that you can play.  In my mind this game is definitely a system seller.  If it plays half as well as it looks, I can see this being a genuine classic.

The look of the game is just so impressive.  Every time I see it, I can't help but think it was a labor of love on the part of the creators.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2011, 06:08:41 PM »

I just saw the latest trailer posted on the main site.  If I didn't already have ready access to a Playstation 3, I would seriously consider buying one just to play this game if a Western release were announced.  It looks like an animated film that you can play.  In my mind this game is definitely a system seller.  If it plays half as well as it looks, I can see this being a genuine classic.

The look of the game is just so impressive.  Every time I see it, I can't help but think it was a labor of love on the part of the creators.

I feel ya there, but I'm gravely disappointed in the gameplay from what I've seen so far. It looks like Dragon Quest with Monster raising elements, two of my least favorite aspects of RPGs. Even if it does come out here, I'll probably have to pass.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2011, 01:07:26 PM »

It seemed like to me that the monsters are just an extension of the party member - that's what they use to fight.  Have they said anything about monster switching?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2011, 05:14:23 PM »

Still no go on a U.S. release? You think if Disney saw a market for the movies in the U.S. this company would see a market for games made my Ghibli. I frigging love Ghibli. Own every movie they made, even the one Disnet refused to release over here.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2011, 07:05:42 PM »

I thought Level 5 confirmed the NA release a while ago. It hasn't even been released in Japan, so it makes some sense that they haven't announced an english release.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2011, 07:47:32 AM »

A video of Ninokuni TGS demo: http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_ninokuni_tgs_gameplay_no_sound_-23572_en.html
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2011, 09:47:08 AM »

It looks almost unreal. WOW! That is the most beautiful world map I've ever seen.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2011, 10:39:01 AM »

I just watched the trailer from gametrailers and it really looks just like a Ghibli movie!
Like CDFN is saying, the world map just blew me away. This is probably how Dragon Quest would've looked like if SE let Level5 do it for the PS3.

And it's coming this year (in Japan). Let's just hope XIII-2 don't affect its sales.
Since sony is publishing this I have high hopes this one comes to the west ( unless they pull another Demon's Souls on us).

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2011, 12:03:07 PM »

This game actually looks very import-friendly.  Because they want it to be accessible for kids they even have furigana (the little hiragana characters over the kanji to tell you how to pronounce them).  It's a perfect match for my child-like Japanese skills ;)

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2011, 03:45:33 PM »

This game actually looks very import-friendly. 

But the price... ouch.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2011, 08:45:39 PM »

This would be a nice remedy to us not getting the three Wii games. I would really like this to come out in NA.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2011, 06:05:25 AM »

Early 2012 in America!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/events/tgs-2011/story.html?sid=6335002&pid=998014

FUCK YEAH!!!!

According to Hino, the PS3 will have additional story content that will pick off where the DS version ended.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:10:56 AM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2011, 08:46:35 AM »

This game actually looks very import-friendly.  Because they want it to be accessible for kids they even have furigana (the little hiragana characters over the kanji to tell you how to pronounce them).  It's a perfect match for my child-like Japanese skills ;)

That makes two of us. I wonder why they don't put furigana in most story based games. Even my japanese teacher (which is japanese herself) said that when she was younger the kanjis were a barrier for her too, so she couldn't enjoy certain things until she completely learned them.

Now that the western version is on the way I just can't wait! There are so many RPGs coming one after the other.
Let's just hope Namco doesn't do the stupid thing (which they did in Japan) of releasing their Tales games together with XIII-2 or in this case, Ni no Kuni, because if they do I won't even remember Tales exists.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2011, 09:46:11 AM »

Suddenly things are looking good on the jrpg front, for PS3 at least:

Disgaea 4
Atelier Totori
FFXIII-2
Ninokuni
Tales of Graces F
Tales of Xillia

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: