Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 04:59:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338758 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ninokuni (Ghibli + Level 5 RPG) going PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: Ninokuni (Ghibli + Level 5 RPG) going PS3  (Read 23519 times)
Mym

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2011, 11:17:08 AM »

some of it was too dull for too long ... watching her train ride

Wah, really? I agree Spirited Away had a little too much fat around the edges, and it's not my favourite Ghibli movie, but that was absolutely my favourite scene in the movie, and one of my favourites in cinema in general. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose!

Anyway, waiting on my copy of Ni no Kuni as I write this. I hope it delivers, as I only had enough money to buy one expensive JRPG over Christmas, and decided to take a chance on it ahead of Final Fantasy XIII-2, Tales of Xillia, Atelier Meruru and a number of others I've had my eye on for a while. A friend whose tastes tend to be quite close to my own was very fond of the DS title, and went as far as to say that the ending made her cry, so fingers crossed! :D
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2011, 06:19:15 PM »

Hands-on preview:

http://www.gamespot.com/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/previews/ninokuni-shiroki-seihai-no-joou-updated-hands-on-6346674?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B8

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2012, 01:33:18 PM »

This game was delayed... again. Until March 31, 2013.
Two Sheds Jackson
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2012, 10:07:56 AM »

^ that date is unconfirmed
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2012, 02:52:08 AM »

I didn't want to create a new topic, especially since many people talk about this in other topics, but a necrobump is still a necrobump, so I apologize if anyone hates me forever. Anyways....

Game has a demo up on PSN, downloading it as we speak. I assume someone has it already though, and am curious as to how it feels. Otherwise, will place 2 cents up later today.

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2012, 04:54:21 AM »

The game is gorgeous, of course, but I'm not really sold on the battle system.  It seems pretty simplistic...and yet at the same time, confusingly presented.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2012, 05:23:02 AM »

The game is gorgeous, of course, but I'm not really sold on the battle system.  It seems pretty simplistic...and yet at the same time, confusingly presented.
Yeah, way too much going on for what seems to be ffxii's basic fighting system, minus the gambits. Still, once I started running around it felt nicer. Reminded me of when I started DQVIII way back when. I look forward to the launch, just because I want a nice, linear, console jrpg. Swords, magic, olden times....enough sci fi for the current time being.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2012, 06:09:07 AM »

Thanks for the tip, D.

I'll check this out. The look of this game has had me interested since it was announced.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: December 05, 2012, 08:58:05 AM »

Thanks for the tip, D.

I'll check this out. The look of this game has had me interested since it was announced.

Same here. The game LOOKS amazing. I'm just not so sure I want to go back to jrpg game mechanics. I'm pretty much over them at this point.
I'll try out the demo and see what's up.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #144 on: December 05, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »

When I playedi t way back in TGS 2010, I felt the same way. Gorgeous game, really bland RPG. Level 5 can (and has) done much more interesting games, and I feel like (although apparently not with you guys) this game is getting a free pass because AMFGG GHIBLI GAME. I can appreciate the time and care that went into it, but there are plenty of pretty games out there that play far more interestingly.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2012, 12:53:54 PM »

Well, if the exploration and story, as well as character development, work out as well as the demo showed it should, the battle system will be only a small kick in the pants. It's not terribly implemented, just seems very elaborate for what basically equates to FFXII battle gameplay with random running and nabbing power ups. Game does reward you for actually defending, though, which is a rarity.

TASTY!
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2012, 01:01:35 PM »

I actually heard it can get quite difficult too.

EDIT: *trying* to download now... why does new PSN store suck major garbage?  Why did it have to get a facelift anyways?  I liked the old one better.
I sound like an old woman.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:17:33 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2012, 01:51:01 PM »

Well, if the exploration and story, as well as character development, work out as well as the demo showed it should, the battle system will be only a small kick in the pants. It's not terribly implemented, just seems very elaborate for what basically equates to FFXII battle gameplay with random running and nabbing power ups. Game does reward you for actually defending, though, which is a rarity.

If you're banking on the strength of the story and the characters in a Level 5 game to make up for middling gameplay then you're making a sucker's bet. Honestly, I'll be genuinely surprised if this game doesn't feel like it was written by a 12-year old who's mother abandonment issues and lack of any sort of sex education dominate the choices used to fill out his disjointed narrative cobbled together from a mad-lib of random plot points.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2012, 02:32:31 PM »

If you're banking on the strength of the story and the characters in a Level 5 game to make up for middling gameplay then you're making a sucker's bet. Honestly, I'll be genuinely surprised if this game doesn't feel like it was written by a 12-year old who's mother abandonment issues and lack of any sort of sex education dominate the choices used to fill out his disjointed narrative cobbled together from a mad-lib of random plot points.

Why you always gotta be so negative?

dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2012, 02:35:11 PM »

This is also where one HOPES the Ghibli involvement makes a difference. But we'll see.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: