Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 06:33:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335316 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New Versus XIII scans and a ton of info
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: New Versus XIII scans and a ton of info  (Read 8959 times)
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2010, 11:38:02 AM »

I got burned hard with FFXIII by half-convincing myself it'd be good. FFVs XIII looks better, yes, but I'll wait until it bargain bins before I get it this time around. And even if it is good, I'll be at least a little upset that some good FFXIII characters (Lightning and Sazh mainly) got wasted on the worse game.

wildcard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2010, 07:48:01 AM »

Thanks for the Agito info.
That's the only SE game at the moment I'm still interested in.
And from what I read, I got reason to be :D
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2010, 08:45:37 PM »

I got burned hard with FFXIII by half-convincing myself it'd be good. FFVs XIII looks better, yes, but I'll wait until it bargain bins before I get it this time around. And even if it is good, I'll be at least a little upset that some good FFXIII characters (Lightning and Sazh mainly) got wasted on the worse game.

I was like this too except for FFXII instead. Watching it drop from $60 new to $30 within a month made me swore to never buy an FF game at launch again.

Now DQIX on the other hand. That's tempting me to buy day 1. Especially after the awesomeness of VIII & V.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2010, 12:37:36 AM »

I weigh how much I want it versus how likely it'll drop in price. Something like FFXIII is already getting really good sales, but it's a game I wanted sooner rather than later, and blew through quickly enough to warrant it.  Similarly I held off of Alpha Protocol because I was iffy after the reviews, and sure enough there was a $30-ish sale on Steam almost a month later.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2010, 01:55:34 PM »

Thats why I resell if it isnt worth keeping for memories sake. Bought Alpha Protocol  when it released at Kmart ($40 new i think), beat it in a week, sold it for 49. Did the same thing with XIII, except I broke even with that one.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2010, 01:14:11 PM »

After seeing the picture of the interview with Dengeki I thought I would try to read but that would take a while (but at least most of kanjis had furigana) and then sharing some with my fellow RPG fans, but before doing so I thought of looking for a translation, and I found it. There aren't many places with it, and some had dead links, so I'll just put here.

Q: Is this a real-time screenshot weíre looking? The image quality is very good.
A:Yes itís an image in real-time using the real hardware.We aim to improve the quality youíre seeing now even further. As of now we canít share more details in full scale right now, so we removed the menus and subscreens where it shows Noctis expression (image projected on the subscreen).

Q: Were the party members also there originally?
A: Yes, we removed because we havenít formally announced their weapons and clothes yet.

Q: The exquisiteness and shades are like a photograph taken from real life.
A: Indeed, weíre using physical calculations to determine the movement of the clouds. By this time it allow us to filter sunlight and others on Versus XIII.

Q:Is the cliff to the wilderness & the Gas Station set in the same location?
A: Yes in the back of the Store is the cliff to the extended wilderness. You can walk all the way, to everything you see but the mountains.

Q:Whatís this giant Enemy on the other screen?
A: Itís a Military Behemoth and he actually bears a huge sword in his back. As for this pictures, the battle screen were on the screen but we omitted it.

Q: The street of Shinjuku is real.
A:Yes, itís our model for this, even the bicycle lanes and crosswalks are decipted. But the sense of distance has been changed a bit since the last time. Right out of the city you encounter the wilderness with electric wires every as itís this kind of territory for this country.

Q: This region, It is only the Prologue, the early stages, nature is so even there.
A: Movement around this area is easy because you can use a car. Getting on and off the car can be done anytime, but only not possible to go all the way through it because it leads to a region underwater that has been shown on promotional trailers before.

Q: Monsters appear on the field?
A: (Laughter)ÖYes, there are monsters that appear on the field; Some staff were doing the tests and were surprised by how good looking some are in the evening sun.

Q: Are the battles seamless, what about the world?
A: Itís basically seamless and we aim to make it even more seamless, but there are loadings between big areas.

Q:Information disclosure, is very restrict as of now.
A: Development is very advanced along and according to expectations weíre taking steady steps; wait at ease please, information on Versus XIII will come. Moreover, weíre making preparations for a Big announcement.

Q: You can actually see a signboard and things written inside in the screenshot?
A:The signboard is still temporary even though the inside of the Gas Station is modeled after the Stations in the US in detail. Itís possible to go up there using the stairs.

Q: Do you play in this perspective the whole game?
A: Yes. The camera basically sits in this position. We decided to priority to the characterís presence and the world; that said we decided to scrap the over the shoulder perspective of the world.

Source: http://playstationinformer.wordpress.com/2010/06/24/nomura-famitsu-full-interview/

In all, it sounds good!
I hope this "big announcement" is to be done in Tokyo Game Show, and that being a close release date.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2010, 11:37:07 AM »

Square talks FF Versus XIII "difficulties"

Final Fantasy XIII spin-off games Versus and Agito won't be released for ages, Tetsuya Nomura has revealed.
The Japanese RPG legend has sprayed Twitter with an information explosion, saying that "there are a number of unannounced titles" to be revealed before the two games are released.
Unveiled in 2006, Final Fantasy Versus XIII is a PlayStation 3 exclusive action role-playing game that's part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII compilation.
"Versus has had many difficulties," Nomura said on Twitter (translated by Andriasang)
"And past method of production have been completely inapplicable, but these are the difficulties of birth, so we are working hard. We have a lot to announce, but because we're going in order, I can't say too much yet."
By order, Nomura means promoting games in the order of their release.
Nomura said Square is casting voice actors for Versus and Agito as we speak. PSP Parasite Eve game The 3rd Birthday's recording "will end shortly". Then it's on to Agito.
Nomura confirmed Versus and Agito will skip the German show gamescom, due to run next week. "There are a number of unannounced titles. These will come before Agito and Versus. Some have finished voice recording. Announcements will take place in Japan."
Tokyo Game Show?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-09-square-talks-ff-versus-xiii-difficulties

Well that's encouraging. They say japs work a lot but I'm starting to doubt that, it will have a longer development time than GT5 if this keeps up.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:39:17 AM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2010, 01:52:27 PM »

Well that's encouraging. They say japs work a lot but I'm starting to doubt that, it will have a longer development time than GT5 if this keeps up.

Development time has nothing to do with how many hours the Japanese work. If you want the best quality game possible then its going to have a long development time (4 years min).
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2010, 01:55:32 PM »

Development time has nothing to do with how many hours the Japanese work. If you want the best quality game possible then its going to have a long development time (4 years min).

So does this mean FFXIII has the best of quality?

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2010, 02:05:35 PM »

Well, the company is going to try.......whether people like it is a different matter............
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2010, 02:21:18 PM »

If you compare japanese development cycles of big budget games with their western counterparts the difference is ridiculous. Of course it's not a matter of how many hours they work per day but of efficiency. They are definitely doing something very wrong.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2010, 02:45:24 PM »

If you compare japanese development cycles of big budget games with their western counterparts the difference is ridiculous. Of course it's not a matter of how many hours they work per day but of efficiency. They are definitely doing something very wrong.

Really? *looks at Starcraft 2* That was really long and its excellent. Maybe blizzard has conditioned me to except very long development times. LOL
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2010, 02:58:15 PM »

One bad example is Too Human.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2010, 03:07:45 PM »

2 years and 2 months from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2
2 Years from Falliout 3 to Fallout: New Vegas
2 years from Modern Warfare to Modern Warfare 2
3.6 years from FF6 to FF7
4 years from Final Fantasy 12 to Final Fantasy 13
4 Years from Morrowind to Oblivion (Shorter if you count expansions)

New game engines, technology, and graphical fidelity are what really take the toil on development times. Western Developers release sequels and expand upon the technology they already created, to be able to put out more games. Japanese Developers seem to not do this as much (Some do, like the SMT brand, etc).

It's important to note that FF13 was in development for some odd 7 years though, as Square-Enix plans far in ahead. FFV13 was developed simultaneous with FF13 for a while, and did not benefit from the sequence of development.

One bad example is Too Human.

Bad example. Development of Too Human has been rebooted many times, and the game in it's original PSX or GCN form was nothing like the Xbox 360 version.

I believe Miyamoto said something like  "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2010, 03:29:05 PM »

You can't talk about long development times without somebody mentioning Duke Nukem Forever, so it might as well be me.  Ah, too bad that was finally canned.  It was like an icon of bad game development.

I think you will find examples in both the east and the west of games that took a long time to be developed and weren't very good and games that took a long time to be developed and were good.  But I think Thoren is right that Japan tends not to reuse technology as much as the west and that's a big factor.  (Though Squre did figure out how to reuse the same tech for the whole PSX generation...where did they go wrong after that?)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: