Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 07:12:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327701 Posts in 13416 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The 3rd Birthday
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: The 3rd Birthday  (Read 56395 times)
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2010, 12:44:47 AM »

I'm glad Parasite Eve is coming back, but I'll probably pass. I prefer the old gameplay style not another run and gun shooter. And the clothes tearing thing just sounds like a way to get that fan service bunch who are going to buy it just because you might see half an ass or boob. Women losing clothes is fantastic, but it needs to GTFO of my games.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2010, 02:18:22 AM »

Well, at least the clothes tearing make sense in this game. All that fighting with monsters and what not... yeah.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2010, 04:34:27 AM »

Well, at least the clothes tearing make sense in this game. All that fighting with monsters and what not... yeah.

Until you realize that she isn't even in her own body (assuming that's what the bottom right hand bar represents).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2010, 09:14:39 AM »

Tearing clothes... Probably the dumbest thing I've heard all year regarding a video game.

Just played a little PE2 and I still don't understand all the hate for combining RPG and Survival-Horror elements. Playing that made me a tad disappointed with T3B's new direction. The game still looks fun though, but here's hoping we see more soon.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2010, 03:56:16 PM »

What's so bad about tearing clothes? What's wrong with you people?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2010, 04:05:30 PM »

This kind of fan service is annoying, useless and gets old really fast.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2010, 05:08:50 PM »

It's realistic!

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2010, 05:37:48 PM »

It's realistic!

Yeah, but when it's done on an attractive female main character, it's fan service. 

"Oh, a hunter..."
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2010, 05:55:32 PM »

If it was realistic then Aya would be fighting in a huge armor or military wear rather than some skinny jeans.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2010, 06:27:46 PM »

Ehh, doesnt take away from the gameplay I wouldn't think.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2010, 08:14:11 PM »

I personally don't give a shit. I just get to kick ass as Aya Brea again. ;}

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2010, 11:04:08 PM »

I agree, there is no problem with fanservice as long as it is not over used.
If we think about it Crisis Core is a huge fanservice. Does it work ? Yes! Does it break any aspect of the game, no. It's not as if square is saying Aya will be using bikinis, it's just some tear on her clothes, much less then Goku in Dragon Ball.

Back to the game, I just it delivers. Whatever it tries to be, be it survivor horror, 3rd person action or RPG, I just want a good story and gameplay.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2010, 01:44:24 AM »

Personally I see torn clothes in PE3 at about the same level as all the innuendo in Ar Tonelico 2. It might be "realistic" within the context  of that world but to those of us looking at the outside in it's blatant fan service and an annoyance when built into the core gameplay (I'm looking at you X-Blades).

This actually makes me pine for the days when "fanservice" was just a quick 30 seconds of FMV of random anime girl #19 in random hot spring #145 covered by copious amounts of steam as the hero stumbles in. It was quick, simple, and we never had to bother with it again for the rest of the game. XD
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:46:03 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2010, 04:20:11 AM »

Personally I see torn clothes in PE3 at about the same level as all the innuendo in Ar Tonelico 2. It might be "realistic" within the context  of that world but to those of us looking at the outside in it's blatant fan service and an annoyance when built into the core gameplay (I'm looking at you X-Blades).

This actually makes me pine for the days when "fanservice" was just a quick 30 seconds of FMV of random anime girl #19 in random hot spring #145 covered by copious amounts of steam as the hero stumbles in. It was quick, simple, and we never had to bother with it again for the rest of the game. XD

Not true since a set up like that would've required at least one full area to be designed to accommodate said hotsprings and all for a bit of service that's over before it starts. You don't even have the time for a full WoodMan nevermind actually finding anything worth a damn to get a HardMan on to begin with.

Plus, it requires at least one token female party member, and that in of itself is entirely too much fanservice (given how they dress and how utterly useless they are outside of healing and damsels in distress roles). I'd rather play through a 200 hour JRPG/Interactive Movie with nothing but a bunch of bald, sweaty, shirtless, muscle-bound, space marines armed with weapons that make sense such as chainsaw, missile & grenade launching, flamethrowing, railgun vulcan tactical nuke sniper lightsaber gunblades the size of a Volkswagen in each hand. And every other word has to be a swear (because the rest of the dialog must consist of nothing but grunting).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2010, 05:14:38 AM »

Personally I see torn clothes in PE3 at about the same level as all the innuendo in Ar Tonelico 2. It might be "realistic" within the context  of that world but to those of us looking at the outside in it's blatant fan service and an annoyance when built into the core gameplay (I'm looking at you X-Blades).

Not true since a set up like that would've required at least one full area to be designed to accommodate said hotsprings and all for a bit of service that's over before it starts. You don't even have the time for a full WoodMan nevermind actually finding anything worth a damn to get a HardMan on to begin with.

Plus, it requires at least one token female party member, and that in of itself is entirely too much fanservice (given how they dress and how utterly useless they are outside of healing and damsels in distress roles). I'd rather play through a 200 hour JRPG/Interactive Movie with nothing but a bunch of bald, sweaty, shirtless, muscle-bound, space marines armed with weapons that make sense such as chainsaw, missile & grenade launching, flamethrowing, railgun vulcan tactical nuke sniper lightsaber gunblades the size of a Volkswagen in each hand. And every other word has to be a swear (because the rest of the dialog must consist of nothing but grunting).

Lol, bravo for the satire. Points for that. *sincere applause*

Although I think you might've misunderstood my position/I probably phrased my point a bit too liberally. I don't mind minor elements of it. Fanservice always has and always will exist but personally I prefer mine in smaller doses. The amount in which it is doled out in modern games, in my opinion, is a bit extreme. Especially with more and more titles starting to make Final Fantasy X-2 look like a sincere attempt at character development. It's almost to the point where it makes me go "You know...Japan has an entire genre devoted to this stuff. If I wanted it that badly I'd go play one of those games."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: