Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 01:43:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330205 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The 3rd Birthday
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: The 3rd Birthday  (Read 57233 times)
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: August 28, 2010, 04:32:28 PM »

Frankly, I am surprised this game is getting the attention it is. It looks pretty sweet (though like a number of you I am concerned about it not being enough RPG), but Parasite Eve really didn't sell all that well in the US. Yeah, this is an RPG site so I can see why so many of you have played it, but as for these other sites.... Plus, the sequel was a huge letdown (yeah, I know some of you enjoyed it, that's fine) compared to the original. The intense excitement just seems a little out of place to me.

It seems like I need to get a hand held fast or I am going to be missing out on the best RPGs of this generation.

Also, a little off topic: RPG is an initialism, not an acronym ;S
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: August 28, 2010, 05:22:21 PM »

Frankly, I am surprised this game is getting the attention it is. It looks pretty sweet (though like a number of you I am concerned about it not being enough RPG), but Parasite Eve really didn't sell all that well in the US. Yeah, this is an RPG site so I can see why so many of you have played it, but as for these other sites.... Plus, the sequel was a huge letdown (yeah, I know some of you enjoyed it, that's fine) compared to the original. The intense excitement just seems a little out of place to me.

I wasn't aware selling 900,000 copies means it "didn't sell all that well" in the west.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 05:24:30 PM by Cyril » Logged
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2010, 08:27:39 PM »

I wasn't aware selling 900,000 copies means it "didn't sell all that well" in the west.

Whoopsee :S For some reason I remembered it not being a big seller. Not that it was a bad seller, just not a big one.

Even with this new information, I'm still very much surprised by the level of press associated with it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2010, 08:56:41 PM »

Parasite Eve has always been popular, not like the big franchises, but the fans are very passionate about the series.

Also, remember that by the time that the first game came out everyone was still fapping with Final Fantasy VII...
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2010, 09:05:23 PM »

Also consider the PSP's lineup. The 3rd Birthday really is one of the bigger games it's getting.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2010, 10:13:13 AM »

Also consider the PSP's lineup. The 3rd Birthday really is one of the bigger games it's getting.

In response to this I was trying to remember what system this game is getting ported from.

Then I remembered that it was originally planned to be a cellphone release alongside the third FFXIII game.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2010, 06:05:09 PM »

Sorry if this was posted already, but I found this on The Magic Box:

- Square Enix executive producer Yoshinori Kitase mentioned at Gamescom that a new installment of Parasite Eve could come to PS3, depending if The 3rd Birthday for PSP is successful.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2010, 06:25:08 PM »

^They have been mentioning that for a while, and knowing Square Enix it must be true.

In other news...

The 3rd Birthday: Club Sacrifice / The latest character and scenario details, plus a few gameplay bits.
A Lovely In-Game Aya Brea Pic / Plus, Kitase and Tabata hype up The 3rd Birthday and Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded

Also, Valkyria Chronicles 2 is looking pretty good. :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 06:28:25 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2010, 06:44:26 PM »

And they say the PSP is dead.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2010, 07:07:54 PM »

Sorry if this was posted already, but I found this on The Magic Box:

- Square Enix executive producer Yoshinori Kitase mentioned at Gamescom that a new installment of Parasite Eve could come to PS3, depending if The 3rd Birthday for PSP is successful.

I'll go ahead and post a link to where that news originally came from because the Magic Box is one of the most unreliable websites I've ever seen. The differences are subtle ("extend the franchise to PS3") but it may be significant here.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2010, 07:21:22 AM »

^They have been mentioning that for a while, and knowing Square Enix it must be true.

In other news...

The 3rd Birthday: Club Sacrifice / The latest character and scenario details, plus a few gameplay bits.
A Lovely In-Game Aya Brea Pic / Plus, Kitase and Tabata hype up The 3rd Birthday and Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded

Also, Valkyria Chronicles 2 is looking pretty good. :)

Oh look. Amnesia's back.

All that we're missing now is some overwrought drama-mance between the two main characters that completely overshadows everything and everyone else and we'll have a full fledged Noruma game.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2010, 11:33:45 AM »

Valkyria Chronicles 2 comes out tomorrow, yet they are already in the process of making 3, hopefully on the PS3.  I don't know how reliable The Magic Box is.  Ive been going there for a few months now.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2010, 12:15:59 AM »

Yep, the news about VC3 is really exiting. But before getting excited about a sequel we need to buy the game to see more Valkyria in the future.

I don't want to see the same drama of the Yakuza series over Valkyria Chronicles, stupid Sega.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2010, 02:56:22 AM »

Valkyria Chronicles 2 comes out tomorrow, yet they are already in the process of making 3, hopefully on the PS3.  I don't know how reliable The Magic Box is.  Ive been going there for a few months now.

The Magic Box is not reliable at all.  Trust what they say with caution.  There has been nothing confirmed that they are making VC3, the only thing we know for certain is that they registered the domain name. That doesn't always mean they're making the game.  Remember, Square went all the way and registered a trademark Chrono Break yet nothing came out of it.  

If you're going to use a smaller news site, I'd recommend Siliconera.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:59:13 AM by Cyril » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2010, 03:04:30 PM »

3rd Birthday Official Site Updated with New Character Details

This new characters just serve as a purposes to explain the gameplay mechanics and add drama to the story.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: