Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 10:54:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337993 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The 3rd Birthday
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: The 3rd Birthday  (Read 59600 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 01, 2011, 07:53:23 PM »

Joystiq claims that this is UMD-only release.  Yet there is nothing in the press release they reference that actually says that, and Japan got a PSN version.  Are they just making shit up?

Wait to see what happens with Tactics Ogre I guess, or if SE quickly remedies this. Nothing was explicitly stated about it being UMD only in the press release, so unless SE USA is run by assholes about DD (which wouldn't be a surprise honestly given the pitiful PS1 support) we'll probably see it.

And... Man, the same actress as Miranda in ME2? That's going to be interesting.

Edit: Ok, the Lords of Arcana press release says it'll be on PSN, but neither the TO or 3rd Birthday ones state that. Did SE just slip up with those press releases, or are they seriously that stupid?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 07:59:36 PM by Eusis » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: February 06, 2011, 09:07:13 AM »

Jensen Ackles & Yvonne Strahowsky Interview

The 3rd Birthday Twisted Edition:

« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 03:45:15 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: February 06, 2011, 03:03:35 PM »

It's going to be interesting to see if these games do get a PSN release, due to PSP2 not having a umd drive but yet sony claims there'll be some level of PSP support on the PSP2.

I have a feeling that such a huge company has no idea what hands are scratching what.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: February 06, 2011, 03:09:16 PM »

It's going to be interesting to see if these games do get a PSN release, due to PSP2 not having a umd drive but yet sony claims there'll be some level of PSP support on the PSP2.

I have a feeling that such a huge company has no idea what hands are scratching what.

Its pretty hard to believe that lot of things don't have a PSN release. Isn't that the whole point of the GO?  I really feel sorry for the people who bought that machine.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: February 06, 2011, 03:11:18 PM »

Its pretty hard to believe that lot of things don't have a PSN release. Isn't that the whole point of the GO?  I really feel sorry for the people who bought that machine.

Ditto that.

Between the Go, supposed PSP/PSP2 compatibility, and the fact that not every game is on PSN this is all fishy!

ALUCARDfromHELLSING

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: February 07, 2011, 05:04:57 PM »

Jensen Ackles & Yvonne Strahowsky Interview

The 3rd Birthday Twisted Edition:

Saw it a few days ago. Looks hot. Definitely getting this edition. I'm glad that box has the same cover as Jp version. April is so faraway... I need it now.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: February 07, 2011, 05:37:23 PM »

Ditto that.

Between the Go, supposed PSP/PSP2 compatibility, and the fact that not every game is on PSN this is all fishy!

Sweet Jesus, I forgot to consider that when "UMD-only" was mentioned - are they trying to piss people off or is it a matter of space??  Shame the PSP go looks and works all fancy...what a waste of so little can be played though..

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bill

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: February 07, 2011, 09:38:07 PM »

Sweet Jesus, I forgot to consider that when "UMD-only" was mentioned - are they trying to piss people off or is it a matter of space??  Shame the PSP go looks and works all fancy...what a waste of so little can be played though..

I wonder. Having it on PSN means more potential ways for people to buy the game (and more revenue for Sony), so it's good from a publishing and console manufacturing standpoint.

However, it's not good for retailers, who were none too pleased about the PSPGo in the first place. They saw it as a sly attempt by Sony to cut them out. In that sense, I do wonder if publishers are making some key releases UMD-only to pacify retail and get shelf space (either for those specific games or for lower echelon ones that a retailer could live without). Until digital distribution overtakes brick-and-mortar, retailers will continue to have the upper hand.
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: February 07, 2011, 10:59:49 PM »

I wonder. Having it on PSN means more potential ways for people to buy the game (and more revenue for Sony), so it's good from a publishing and console manufacturing standpoint.

However, it's not good for retailers, who were none too pleased about the PSPGo in the first place. They saw it as a sly attempt by Sony to cut them out. In that sense, I do wonder if publishers are making some key releases UMD-only to pacify retail and get shelf space (either for those specific games or for lower echelon ones that a retailer could live without). Until digital distribution overtakes brick-and-mortar, retailers will continue to have the upper hand.

Thats just horrible, sony is basically competing against  and canablizing itself in that case. o_O
So glad I never bought a GO
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: February 08, 2011, 12:16:38 AM »

That's actually an interesting point; especially now that game retailers are in a sort of new height this gaming generation (See Eusis? I didn't call it NEXT GEN!!) only to be brought down by downloading titles.  I don't think, economically, or buyer and seller, it's gonna stop.  But I guess 3rdBday steers away from that.

I thought most of settled that the Go was a vanity project anyhow.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: February 09, 2011, 05:23:57 PM »

Twisted Edition looks really cool.  Too bad I can't get it :(

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: February 09, 2011, 05:40:25 PM »

http://blog.jp.square-enix.com/3rd_birthday/2011/02/23.html

I see costumes that I haven't seen before announced on the official blog of the game and it was posted recently, I remember reading that there is one custume that you can get if you are a member of the Square Enix Members service in Japan. Dunno if is really true or not though.

Anyways, someone posted this on GAF:

...and oh yeah, this. What the hell.
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: February 09, 2011, 07:07:10 PM »

I see costumes that I haven't seen before announced on the official blog of the game and it was posted recently, I remember reading that there is one custume that you can get if you are a member of the Square Enix Members service in Japan. Dunno if is really true or not though.

Lol, sily Japan and their fanservice /facepalm.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: February 09, 2011, 07:52:51 PM »

I personally like having the physical copy of the game but I do like the option to have it digital. Say I want the game now instead of waiting 15 days for a shipping to arrive at my country then I have the option to get it digital.

Another thing I like about it is that the game is always available to whoever wants it. No more super rares titles that go from $100 to $200 on ebay.
I have the JAP version so I'm not in a rush to try the US version but even so. I'm honestly interested in the US version to see how "Miranda" is going to turn out because "Lightining (jap)" is not so good this time, but I think it's more due to the character than the actress herself.

They made this badass american cop which is over her 30s to sound like a japanese 15 year old which keeps whinning all the time. Everytime she speaks it seems she's about to cry. So far I like the gameplay and the videos and graphics are insane, better than even most Wii games, but the story itself and characters are not going so well. But I should at least get back to it as I got distracted by other games.

That's actually an interesting point; especially now that game retailers are in a sort of new height this gaming generation (See Eusis? I didn't call it NEXT GEN!!) only to be brought down by downloading titles.  I don't think, economically, or buyer and seller, it's gonna stop.  But I guess 3rdBday steers away from that.

I thought most of settled that the Go was a vanity project anyhow.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: February 11, 2011, 09:05:03 PM »

I want this game even more now

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: