Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 03:51:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319825 Posts in 13050 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy III DS gameplay video!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy III DS gameplay video!  (Read 11891 times)
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2006, 06:37:26 AM »

Yeah, you're probably right there, Cauton. It is true i've implied that everyone on this board hates Nintendo and loves Sony. But I didn't mean to say it quite so blatantly as that. All I was commenting on was that to me, there was not one person on that Tales of Phantasia thread that didn't seem to be saying "the gba remake was bad, but the PSP one is going to be much better so lets all go out and buy it". I know it was unjustified to accuse everyone of hating Nintendo, but I don't exactly hate Sony.

In fact, I own a lot more PS2 games than gamecube games, because there a lot more rpgs on ps2. I personally think that Nintendo have declined a lot since the N64, and their choice to, seemingly on purpose, to ignore all rpgs for their consoles and not market them at all is really irritating to me. As I said in my last post, the only thing I "hate" about Sony is how some people automatically assume their consoles are the best, just because they're not Nintendo.

But this thing about everyone hating other rpgs other than Final Fantasy was referring to the general gaming populace, rather than everyone on this forum. It was also reffering to peoples' idea of a "best rpg ever" not games in general. And I didn't mean it as a serious comment.

I'll make sure I don't make such accusatory and downright annoying comments again. And assumptions are made about me, going off what I said on two threads. I know they're not accusations like I made, but it isn't much different. Well, it is different because the ones made about me were quite justified, whereas the ones made about you guys where not.

I'm sorry for making assumptions about you all based off one thread, but I just thought you all seemed to be going with the general gaming populace's view of "Sony good, Nintendo bad", which you weren't. And I didn't think either of the statements would go that far - I just meant them as harmless comments, which i know they definitely were not. I have this habit of ranting about things, and it seems that I take things which annoy me out on other people which I know I shouldn't do, and I really am sorry for doing it. Maybe it's better that I don't say anything opinionated again, or if i do, say "I think" or "it seems to me that" and not make assumptions and definitely not accusations.

To go back on topic, this remake may make other rpg developers interested in the ds, once they can see what can be done with it without needing a touch screen. So maybe, just possibly, Camelot might make another Golden Sun....? It may not be the best handheld rpg, but its still very good in my opinion.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2006, 10:30:47 AM »

Famitsu reviewed it 9, 8, 9, 8. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

http://sapporo.cool.ne.jp/kiramato/244728byGAF.jpg (it's the middle one)
ZE GRAND MASTER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2006, 10:53:02 AM »

Well, that's good to hear.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2006, 05:34:29 PM »

I'd just like to note that I was joking when I asked 'what're we talking about FFIII for?'.
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2006, 03:02:26 AM »

Creator's Voice: http://touch-ds.jp/crv/vol1/001.html
Translation: http://xcomp.gamebrink.com/?p=222

New Videos:
http://touch-ds.jp/crv/vol1/player.html?mv=001&width=320&height=274
http://touch-ds.jp/crv/vol1/player.html?mv=002&width=320&height=274
http://touch-ds.jp/crv/vol1/player.html?mv=002_2&width=320&height=274
http://touch-ds.jp/crv/vol1/player.html?mv=002_3&width=320&height=274
http://touch-ds.jp/crv/vol1/player.html?mv=005&width=320&height=274
http://touch-ds.jp/crv/vol1/player.html?mv=007&width=320&height=274
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2006, 03:09:39 AM »

Quote from: "superflat"
Famitsu reviewed it 9, 8, 9, 8. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

http://sapporo.cool.ne.jp/kiramato/244728byGAF.jpg (it's the middle one)

On a slightly related note, 6/6/7/7 is really good scores for Kings Field Additional I, especially considering it's been considered by many to be the worst game on the PSP.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2006, 03:45:31 AM »

Read the interview, skipped the movies - I really don't want to watch what amounts to the entire game being played before I actually get it, that just kills the joy in actually playing it.

The interview was a pretty good read though, thanks for sharing that. I'm somewhat bugged by the implications made about 2D, such as it being '16 bit'. But I suppose I have to admit that without a good enough resolution, even the best 2D will only look like just a step above 16 bit graphics.

As for Famitsu's scores: I take a good score as a positive sign, but not what I'll base my purchasing decisions on. They've been shown to often disagree strongly with the concensus over here, and there's the issue of whether they're paid or not for positive reviews.
ZE GRAND MASTER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2006, 11:07:30 AM »

I'll just buy it anyway, because this is about the only non-evil way to play FF 3 now (that I know of, anyway). I didn't know that magazines were paid to write good reviews, especially one whose word was trusted like Famitsu. It does kinda explain why a certain magazine official to Nintendo always gave a 90 % + review to every Nintendo and Disney game ever released. Anyway, I don't know any bad FF games - though I didn't like 10 that much - so i'm assuming this one won't be. And if the magazine I read says its good, then i'm buying it - because that magazine I do trust.
GeekyDad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2006, 01:30:04 PM »

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"
I'll just buy it anyway, because this is about the only non-evil way to play FF 3 now (that I know of, anyway)...

...I didn't know that magazines were paid to write good reviews...

:D What did you mean by that first part?

Also, regarding magazine reviews, some magazines tend to be more of a vehicle for public relations than actual reporting. TV Guide is a good example of such a publication. It's main function is to inform readers about certain shows and whatnot through features, reviews and other tid-bits. But I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into what they have to say about anything.

I don't know much about Famitsu, so it may be an entirely different matter with respect to them.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2006, 10:56:50 PM »

the videos look terribly awesome, although the responses in the battles seemed slow.

it's definitely a game I will buy in november.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2006, 11:48:50 AM »

Quote from: "blackthirteen"
the videos look terribly awesome, although the responses in the battles seemed slow.

You mean September?

"Oh, a hunter..."
Andrmgic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2006, 04:18:05 PM »

Quote from: "Fadedsun"
Quote from: "blackthirteen"

You mean September?

No.. he means November:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152937

Official release date is November 14th, apparently.

Square hasn't updated their site, but it makes sense that they want to put it out closer to the holiday season where it will have a more prominent space on store shelves instead of being a couple months old
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2006, 06:57:34 PM »

Quote from: "Andrmgic"
Square hasn't updated their site, but it makes sense that they want to put it out closer to the holiday season where it will have a more prominent space on store shelves instead of being a couple months old

You mean get lost in the flurry of holiday releases and be ignored because all the FF fans are still busy with FFXII, and possibly FFV.

Honestly, they might be safer just delaying it into the new year. I'm not sure /what/ time is safe for that really, but it certainly seems better than 2 weeks of rapid fire Final Fantasy.
ZE GRAND MASTER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2006, 12:28:44 PM »

Quote from: "GeekyDad"
Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"
I'll just buy it anyway, because this is about the only non-evil way to play FF 3 now (that I know of, anyway)...

...I didn't know that magazines were paid to write good reviews...

:D What did you mean by that first part?

I mean, just about the only way to play really old NES/SNES games that were never released is to download those evil abominations called ROMs. I'd never do it a) because its erm highly illegal and b) because most of said games are in Japanese (like this one for instance). Maybe its partly because people download these evil things that the games are remade - in order to stop piracy. It would seem wise to do so on a games company's part.

And as for "that I know of", you could own a Famicom and have a really old copy of FF III. But if you don't live in Japan, it would be even more difficult to obtain these things.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2006, 03:34:15 PM »

I've /never/ seen someone so vehemently anti-emulation on the net before. :P

I'll just note that it's probably not /that/ big of a deal for older consoles and games that've not been re-released, and quite a few of these japanese-only games have been hacked into english.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: