Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 09:21:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327321 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Bazaar
| | |-+  Time to sell...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Time to sell...  (Read 6660 times)
Redeemed

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 27, 2010, 04:52:10 PM »

*UPDATE* Here are the ebay listings: http://shop.ebay.com/thirdculture5/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25 *UPDATE

Moving out of the country soon, so it's time to purge. I'm getting ready to put these all on ebay as one large bundle, but will break them up if the price is right.
All games are black label (except Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and complete (except Metal Gear Solid GBC, which is missing the manual). List of games, prices (negotiable, especially if you buy multiple. *Willing to sell everything for $375*), and conditions:

PS1 Suikoden 1 $35 Very Good
PS1 Suikoden 2 $ 75 Very Good
PS2 Suikoden 3 $ 20 Very Good
PS1 Final Fantasy 7 $35 Discs Very Good/ Manual is wrinkly but has no rips or pages missing.
PS1 Final Fantasy 8 $10 Very Good
PS1 Final Fantasy 9 $10 Very Good/ Manual is wrinkly but has no rips or pages missing.
PS2  Final Fantasy 10 $10 Very Good
PS2  Final Fantasy 12 $5 Very Good
PS1 Chrono Cross $10 Very Good
PS1 Valkyrie Profile $65 Very Good
PS1 Xenogears $50 Very Good
PS1 Grandia $ 25 Very Good
Dreamcast Grandia II $10 Discs and Manual Very Good/ Case is cracked in the back
PS1 Lunar Silver Star Story Complete $40 Very Good. Some wear around box edges.
PS1 Lunar 2 Eternal Blue $50 Like New
PS1 Castlevania Symphony of the Night $15 Very Good
Dreamcast  Bangai-O $15 Good
Dreamcast  Shenmue $5 Good
Dreamcast  Sega Smash Pack Volume 1 $5 Acceptable
Game Boy Color Metal Gear Solid $15 Good/No Manual

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 03:45:16 PM by Redeemed » Logged
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 10:15:54 AM »

Could I make a suggestion?  If you're looking to get the most out of these items, I think it'd be wise of you to separate the big money titles, specifically Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden II, and the Lunar boxes, and sell them individually. The likelihood of someone buying a mass of black label rarities like this is pretty high, I'd like to think, but if you cut them up, you should be looking at some nice sales.

Unfortunately, I can't really afford the ones I'm missing from my collection right now (VP and FF7 are really tempting), but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your auction(s). Could you provide links whenever you set them up?
Redeemed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 01:43:11 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion, Sketch. I've never sold anything on ebay before, so I'm not really sure the best way to go about this. Do you think wanting to get $400 for all of these is setting my hopes too high?
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 04:04:39 AM »

I agree with Sam, if you break some of it up, stuff like Suiko2 and Xenogears would go for a lot just by themselves. You can probably still get 400, maybe more, with his suggestion.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 04:37:12 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion, Sketch. I've never sold anything on ebay before, so I'm not really sure the best way to go about this. Do you think wanting to get $400 for all of these is setting my hopes too high?

You could get more than 400, I reckon. If you're lucky, some of those rarer ones alone could go for 50-60 each. Potentially even more.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 02:39:41 PM »

Whooooaaa..  If you haven't sold anything on Ebay before than I HIGHLY recommend against it.  Ebay is a haven of scammers these days.  No matter how many precautions you take, if someone decides to scam you, there is very little you can do while doing it on ebay/paypal.

My suggestions:
-Create an Amazon Marketplace account and sell it on there. However, I don't know the associated costs with this.
-Stick to selling on RPGFan
-Craigslist - If it's an expensive title (over $80), might wanna meet in a bank and make sure no one gives you counterfeit bills.

Amazon is probably your best bet.  And hey, lots of people on here sell on Ebay and they're just fine.  Just something to keep in mind that it's infested with thieves who know it takes very little effort to scam someone.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Perley
Gunslinger Extraordinare

You feelin' lucky, punk

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 09:50:47 AM »

Have you put them on eBay yet? I think I would be interested in some of them. And as the others have said, from a sales point of view, selling them individually would be highly recommended. FFVII black label as an example alone can go for up to 70 or 80. Anyways if you want I can send you a list of games that I could be interested in if you haven't put em on eBay.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 08:12:03 PM »

Whooooaaa..  If you haven't sold anything on Ebay before than I HIGHLY recommend against it.  Ebay is a haven of scammers these days.  No matter how many precautions you take, if someone decides to scam you, there is very little you can do while doing it on ebay/paypal.

My suggestions:
-Create an Amazon Marketplace account and sell it on there. However, I don't know the associated costs with this.
-Stick to selling on RPGFan
-Craigslist - If it's an expensive title (over $80), might wanna meet in a bank and make sure no one gives you counterfeit bills.

Amazon is probably your best bet.  And hey, lots of people on here sell on Ebay and they're just fine.  Just something to keep in mind that it's infested with thieves who know it takes very little effort to scam someone.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around scammers that can scam-BUY things. scam-SELLING I understand.

But with buying you just force them to pay before you ship and demand they use PayPal. How exactly would that fail? The worst that would happen is that they don't pay, then you re-list the auction and note that buyer never paid, leave negative feedback, etc. You can also prevent people from bidding if they have zero feedback or certain amounts of negative feedback.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 08:41:04 PM »

Scam-buyers exist aplenty especially if you're selling something expensive. They can send fake Paypal emails and the like. You know, ones that say stuff like 'this amount$ in your account, send a tracking # of the item and the funds will be released to you.' Obviously, the real PayPal doesn't do this sort of thing. If you're smart enough you should be fine.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 11:45:22 PM »

Scam-buyers exist aplenty especially if you're selling something expensive. They can send fake Paypal emails and the like. You know, ones that say stuff like 'this amount$ in your account, send a tracking # of the item and the funds will be released to you.' Obviously, the real PayPal doesn't do this sort of thing. If you're smart enough you should be fine.

Well, this.  But mainly the scammers buy it, pay for it, then file a claim with paypal that they never received the item.  Paypal generally sides with the buyer and refunds the money.  Now the scammer has his money back AND your item.

You might be thinking, well there are ways around this.  Get delivery confirmation.  Get signature confirmation.  Apparently, Paypal doesn't care for this type of evidence and still sides with the buyer. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Redeemed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 11:47:54 PM »

Thanks for the tips. I'm still working on getting them on ebay. I've never sold anything on it before, so I'm thinking I should probably use the account of a friend of mine who has 100% positive feedback, otherwise probably no one will bid. Just a matter of trying to find time to meet together between busy schedules and our kids.
Redeemed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 10:38:14 PM »

Updated the list with prices. Looking at ebay, I would like to avoid the hassle and especially fees involved with it if I can. Also, willing to sell everything together for $375.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 11:18:24 PM »

Two questions: PayPal and shipping to Canada, do you do those? :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Redeemed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 11:28:23 PM »