Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 06:01:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319011 Posts in 13030 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Trinity Universe Or Nier
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Trinity Universe Or Nier  (Read 5119 times)
ttocs

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 01:14:53 PM »

I was on ebay just now seeing if prices on Nier were down a bit, as I though "hey, if it's cheap I'll get it" then guess what I see ?

I mean, REALLY ? Niger ?
I'm black myself and don't get me wrong, I'm not offended or anything, quite the contrary, I though it was funny as hell I just don't see why they would give us an option for "niger" when clearly there are lot's of results for Nier.

Bottom line, still didn't buy it, I'll wait until it gets even cheaper.

Lol, it doesn't say the N word.  It says Niger, the country.  The N word uses to G's...  hahaha.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 03:11:06 PM »

Nier is at 21.95 euros where I usually buy. Hm, darksiders is at the same price. I wonder if I should get these. I'm still scratching the surface with demon's souls and I still haven't finished infamous so I'll only be buying games in september at best, maybe they'll be even cheaper by then.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 03:40:27 PM »

This friday I'm gonna get some money and I plan to buy a game. But, should I really get Nier? Everytime I see the game in some store I just look at the cover for like 2 minutes thinking: "Man, that cover art is odd. Why the hell should I buy this? Because of his cult status or just to hear good music while I play the damn thing? Nah, maybe I should buy BioShock 2... it had multiplayer afterall." and shit like that.

The point is: What is the biggest strength of Nier as a game? Why should waste my money on this? I mean, the game looks really interesting but I don't want to be disappointed in throwing my money into this game.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 04:02:41 PM »

For fucks sake people, after you read the pages from the Nier topic, and then this one, all you see is mostly praise with very limited criticism. Im sorry, but if thats not enough, quit posting asking for opinions and just go buy the damn game.

Oh, and if a game hits cult status, those prices wont ever dip down from there.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 04:17:36 PM »

^You know, I think that Nier needs a demo. I've read that they were making one but I don't what happen with that.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2010, 05:11:27 PM »

Nier clearly sucks.  Joystiq gave it a zero.  That 'review' still cracks me up.

Actually,  I'm planning on getting it myself sometime but I'm still working on pretty large backlog of games I want to play.  And Deathspank is coming out today...

Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2010, 12:43:39 AM »

Nier clearly sucks.  Joystiq gave it a zero.  That 'review' still cracks me up.

Actually,  I'm planning on getting it myself sometime but I'm still working on pretty large backlog of games I want to play.  And Deathspank is coming out today...

Was that the guy who was fishing in the wrong spot saying in the "review": "ive been playing games for X years and this fishing game is impossible"?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2010, 01:01:15 AM »

Was that the guy who was fishing in the wrong spot saying in the "review": "ive been playing games for X years and this fishing game is impossible"?

That's the one.  And in a fine example of cognitive dissonance he continues to be snide and dismissive of Nier even after hundreds of people have pointed out the fact that he was fishing in the wrong spot (and that the right spot had a big red X on your map telling you where it was...).  It's hard to admit it when you screwed up so publically.

I don't mean to say he isn't allowed to dislike the game or anything, but he clearly hasn't given it a fair shot.

Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2010, 12:01:42 PM »

That's the one.  And in a fine example of cognitive dissonance he continues to be snide and dismissive of Nier even after hundreds of people have pointed out the fact that he was fishing in the wrong spot (and that the right spot had a big red X on your map telling you where it was...).  It's hard to admit it when you screwed up so publically.

I don't mean to say he isn't allowed to dislike the game or anything, but he clearly hasn't given it a fair shot.

Agree with you 110% man.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2010, 01:24:51 PM »

Get NieR now..since it seems like it will be Cavia's swan song.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2010, 01:41:13 PM »

I'm watching the game played at youtube. I've watched the first 11 videos of more then 80. So far, the beginning doesn't attract much but once you meet Grimoire Weiss it seems it gets better as he has always something amusing to say. I'll watch some more until I decide if I'll get the game now or later. The thing is, music and story appear to be good (at least it's what people are saying) but the gameplay to me looks a bit on the bad side, at least for my tastes.

If anyone wants to check it out, these guys videos are in 720p so the quality is good, the sad thing is he sometimes takes a while to move on, but I still think it's better to watch some of it than be indecisive forever weather to buy it or not. (http://www.youtube.com/user/aginoterra#g/c/61BAD35B05F69439)

Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2010, 02:50:30 PM »

I'm watching the game played at youtube. I've watched the first 11 videos of more then 80. So far, the beginning doesn't attract much but once you meet Grimoire Weiss it seems it gets better as he has always something amusing to say. I'll watch some more until I decide if I'll get the game now or later. The thing is, music and story appear to be good (at least it's what people are saying) but the gameplay to me looks a bit on the bad side, at least for my tastes.

If anyone wants to check it out, these guys videos are in 720p so the quality is good, the sad thing is he sometimes takes a while to move on, but I still think it's better to watch some of it than be indecisive forever weather to buy it or not. (http://www.youtube.com/user/aginoterra#g/c/61BAD35B05F69439)

What a way to experience an RPG by watching it be played on youtube. Come on man, how can you fully enjoy an RPG if you already ruined the beginning for yourself?

Dont mind all of us, we'll be in the corner enjoying our meat and potato style gameplay, some of us can only dream of your caviar.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2010, 03:19:52 PM »

I watch play throughs all the time on youtube. My interest when it comes to gameplay can be pretty narrow so watching someone play whilst cracking a few jokes lets me at least watch the story and characters without having to actually play it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2010, 05:54:49 PM »

For me its all about that first time raw experience, the joy of not knowing and going along for the adventure with "innocent" eyes. But then again, thats how much I love RPGs and why I play them. Its really tough for me to see others do these things, but i suppose thats how some of you guys enjoy them as well.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2010, 06:49:45 PM »

I agree with Uru, why are you guys spoiling the game for yourselves? I checked a bit of gameplay and that was more than enough for me to understand the game. I must say I'm interested and it's already so cheap anyway.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: