Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 04:05:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329348 Posts in 13491 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Trinity Universe Or Nier
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Trinity Universe Or Nier  (Read 5197 times)
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2010, 06:54:03 PM »

maybe its just me, but that just defeats the purpose of playing the game, especially a rpg. If you have doubts about buying a game rent it at the local video rental store or an online shop like gamefly.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2010, 06:55:57 PM »

I should have made it clear I had no intention of ever buying them or playing them myself. As I said, my interest in gameplay is so narrow, I often cannot enjoy a games story enough to go through gameplay mechanics I hate. So I watch someone on youtube do them for me while I get to watch the story.

I never watch playthroughs of games I think I will actually like.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2010, 10:59:09 AM »

I agree with Uru, why are you guys spoiling the game for yourselves? I checked a bit of gameplay and that was more than enough for me to understand the game. I must say I'm interested and it's already so cheap anyway.

Because I'm spending way too much time playing DQIX blind to play either of these games blind.

Besides what's the difference between watching an LP of FFXIII and playing FFXIII? And remember I can easily take hold a PS2 controller in my hands, or better yet a second gen XBox controller.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2010, 03:31:36 PM »

Nier does not have this:

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2010, 09:24:46 PM »

Nier does not have this:

Thankfully. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend either one of them.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2010, 05:58:50 PM »

Saw nier for 19.51 euros and ordered it. I'm still not sure I'll like it but hey, I wont know till I play it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2010, 06:41:55 PM »

Saw nier for 19.51 euros and ordered it. I'm still not sure I'll like it but hey, I wont know till I play it.

You'll be happy.

I've now put >5 hours into each of the two games on this list, and without question, if I had to answer the OP's question of picking one or the other, NIER is the right choice!

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2010, 06:00:47 PM »

So nier is finally in da house. I only played for 45 minutes but I know 2 things for sure already: the soundtrack is one of the best ever and the story seems very interesting. Can't wait to play more of it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
xellos2099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2010, 02:44:08 AM »

I just past to part 2 of the game and the game rock.  It felt like secret of mana and devil may cry have a love child together. 
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2010, 04:55:49 AM »

I'm glad to hear so many positive reactions. It's sad that I can't find a single professional review that makes the game justice. It's better to talk about the game in the respective thread though.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: