Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 04:03:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330207 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  New Lord of the Rings-"inspired" RPG from EA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Lord of the Rings-"inspired" RPG from EA  (Read 1969 times)
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 13, 2006, 01:12:20 PM »

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age wasn't a huge success, but apparently that isn't keeping EA from producing another LOTR rpg. Only, this time it isn't based on the books per se. Rather, it takes elements from the LOTR lore and creates a whole new storyline.

This could be really good, if the team can manage to pull it off, but I'm sure a lot of hardcore LOTR fans will be increadibly pissed at the liberties taken with the lore.
beans
Cool Hand

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 11:00:17 PM »

If the worlds truly open like they're billing it to be, I'll pick it up.  I'll love it too, exploring Middle Earth will be nice, I just hope they make enemies visible... and take a MMO approach to how those enemies attack you and give up after a short while of chasing you, should you run.

Hated that in Morrowind, you'd walk ten feet out of a town and cliff racers that were barely in view would be charging at you from every direction. =p

Still trying to shoot the damn dog in Duck Hunt.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 06:01:33 PM »

Speaking of which....what ever happened to the middle earth MMORPG. I think it missed it's window...
Alerquine

Dr+Musicstein
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 08:00:18 AM »

Quote from: "daschrier"
Speaking of which....what ever happened to the middle earth MMORPG. I think it missed it's window...

They changed the name: The Lord of the Rings Online. I'm still bitter about the cancellation of Asheron's Call 2. I frown upon thee, Turbine!
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 03:47:24 PM »

Ok, so it looks like it won't be based on stuff that happens in the 1st Age - i.e. the time of the events in the Silmarillion - so it'll be about stuff that somebody other than LOTR geeks, sorry fans, will care about. But going away from the books means it has the potential to have a rubbish storyline, though. We'll see when it comes out, I suppose...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: