Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 06:39:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327985 Posts in 13431 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Which character ended up dating Lightning for you?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Which character ended up dating Lightning for you?  (Read 1583 times)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2010, 07:12:05 PM »

I know FF13 just came out, but I thought I'd start a thread to talk about the game.

I'm talking about the second Nautilus visit. I've completed the game twice now. The first time I got Snow, it was pretty funny when lightning knocked him out for making some weird joke about dating her instead of Serah. Second time around, I somehow got Fang to go on the date. Now THAT was awkward.

Speaking of Nautilus, which is your favorite minigame? The Trading Card minigame has the final tournament there, but you can play that in any of the game's towns or cities. I'm still shocked on how deep they designed it to be, really puts FF8's card game to shame.

My favorite part, however, was the Rad Racer spinoff in Wonder Square (named after the original Gold Saucer Location!) Arcade. All of the games there are really well done.

Anyways, I'm still hunting down all the special summons and limit breaks. Some of them are really obscure, Square-Enix really went too far with the city design in this game. Exploring Eden takes a long time, I'm always finding some kind of side quest. Some of the side quests in the game really expand on the main characters.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 07:48:49 PM »

What are you doing spending your time on Nautilus? You should be out seeking out the Seven Ancient Deities of destruction. Man, I've only figured out where 3 of them are (those riddles are really tricky.)

Those rare items are worth it though.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 08:18:39 PM »

Eh I've got a couple of them, no rush. They're kind of end game challenges anyways, my party isn't high enough level yet.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 10:17:03 PM »

Uh oh.Did I just walk into a spoiler or is this a joke?

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 10:45:51 PM »

I haven't played 13, but I had my scouter set to 'smug sarcasm' and it just exploded.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 03:36:15 AM »

You didn't get THAT much spoiled, just some small extra stuff. The game is really packed with content, so you have a lot more to look forward to.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 07:43:28 AM »

EDIT: D'oh!  I should've realized April Fool's Day is every day 'round here.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 11:13:31 AM by Dincrest » Logged

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Tailzo
RPG fan from Norway

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 10:52:26 AM »

What? dating in ff13? I had no idea.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 11:08:51 AM »

I can't decide whether or not to interject.

I think I'll stay with "no comment".... :P

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 03:04:57 PM »

You didn't get THAT much spoiled, just some small extra stuff. The game is really packed with content, so you have a lot more to look forward to.

He's not kidding about this folks. There are a TONNE of secrets in this game. For instance, I bet you didn't know that you could revive Serah.

[spoiler]In order to start the events necessary to revive Serah you must first have Lightning's date be Sazh's Frocobo. This is accomplished by being nice to the Frocobo and requires lowering the affection rate with everyone else by being mean to them (especially Vannile since she has a fuck ton of events that boost her happiness for no goddamn reason so you really have to be a dick to her). Once you've accomplished that you need to max out your Treasure Hunter and Explorer ranks by taking every proposition you can. You must also buy a flower from a Serah lookalike half way through chapter 4 (don't forget this as it is important). Then once you get all the way to the Gran Pulse you must unlock all chocobos and then highlight the hidden 4th option when asked to ride them to start the chocobo racing minigame. You have to score 0.00 time in order to unlock the Chocofro accessory but none of your starting chocobos can achieve this. You must breed high ranking chocobos of certain types together to make different coloured chocobos until you have the Platinum Chocobo. Now with the Platinum Chocobo you can score 0.00 at the chocobo racing and win the Chocofro which is the most powerful accessory in the game (though only the Frocobo can equip it). But more importantly your Platinum Chocobo can now reach the Phoenix Tower where you can fight the elidion Phoenix who is Serah's eilidon. Beating Phoenix will net you a Summon Materia that you can bring to the basement of the old man's house where Serah is being preserved then a cutscene will play and she will rejoin your party just as she left you once you beat Titan (so you don't have to worry about losing her ultimate weapon and accessory which you had accidentally left on her because the option to unequip her hadn't been opened up yet). However there is one thing you must be careful of. There are two unmarked chests in every chapter that if any of them are ever opened will lock you out of the option of dating the Frocobo except for three chapters where there are four unmarked chests. If you're really intent on seeing Serah in your party then you're better off never picking up any chests.[/spoiler]

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 05:46:22 AM »

This thread is awesome.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 01:42:34 PM »

This thread is awesome.

Well, I thought we needed a proper FF13 thread. The other one is over 40 pages of trolling the game. I think they were playing another game on accident. Must have been an Xbox one too.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 02:05:12 PM »

Clearly most of the accusations were just baseless trolling. This thread proves that the game was so much more than was first thought!
wildcard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 02:36:51 AM »

^ I'd say that depends.

The option for the Serah revival reminds me a lot of the 'good ending' in FFX-2. (Why would I press a button during a sequence if it isn't a game like heavy rain?)

I despise all kind of 'specials' that REQUIRE you to buy a walkthrough book - or rely on someone who's tipped it off.
Anyone claiming you can do all that 'on accident' must be slightly delirious or super-incredible lucky. And then he wouldn't know the requirements for unlocking that event.

But I guess it's a good thing that there is more hidden in it than it seemed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: