Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 07:45:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319275 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  I have a PS3 (finally). Reccomend me stuff!!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: I have a PS3 (finally). Reccomend me stuff!!!!!!  (Read 3857 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2010, 06:04:14 PM »

Valkyria is as great as everyone says it is, but no one seems to mention how hard it is. The battles can get quite difficult pretty early on.

This. Chapter 7 kicked my ass and I haven't played it since.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 06:08:56 PM »

I was never really into the MGS series (nothing against it per se, just never reall played the games) and I tried playing 4 after hearing so much hype about it.  I honestly can't understand what's so great about these games.  The stealthy parts are OK, but suffer the problem of a lot of stealth games of relying on trial and error (I'm going to avoid these guards because I magically know exactly where they will be and what they'll be doing from previous attempts).  The shooting parts felt pretty generic.  The story is ridiculous and stupid.  The writing is god-awful.  It's not a terrible game or anything, but I can't understand all the praise it gets...

Back to the topic at hand, I think there are four PS3 games that every PS3-owner should have:
Uncharted 2
LittleBigPlanet
Heavy Rain
Valkyria Chronicles

Valkyria Chronicles is a personal favorite of mine.  Honestly, though, I wouldn't really even consider it an RPG.  It's a strategy game with a strong story and some light RPG elements.  It offers a nice challenge at times, but I really didn't find it hard enough to be frustrating.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 06:45:02 PM »

All the PixelJunk games (minus Racers) are worth downloading.

BlazBlue = best 2D fighter I evar plaaaayed.

If you can find it at budget price, I recommend Folklore.

I personally liked Prince of Persia, but you may not like it. Try before buy.

And finally, if you liked, or think you might like, God of War, get the whole trilogy. the HD ports of GoW are fantastic, and GoW 3, while not my fav in the series, is still pretty fun.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2010, 07:02:03 PM »

If you can find it at budget price, I recommend Folklore.

I agree with Ramza. One of its flaws though is that although the areas look really impressive, by the time you end a level you have grown slightly tired of that levels area. Not really a major problem unless you repeat the level with the other character next like I did. Still I did really enjoy this game.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2010, 05:26:49 PM »

CDFN has mentioned in a few threads that Uncharted 2 is platinum.

It is platinum. dvd.co.uk is selling it for 19 euros. Hell, here's the link, it's not a price drop of this specific site, it is platinum:

http://www.dvd.co.uk/Games/Uncharted-2-Among-Thieves-Platinum-PS3/ZZZ18636/product.htm

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2010, 06:00:25 PM »

Maybe in Europe, but it's not platinum in the US.

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2010, 09:44:02 PM »

God of War III, Uncharted 2 (I'm not big on the story but it is great fun), Prince of Persia and FFIX PSN.

Also recommend Bioshock if you haven't played it before, as well as LBP. :)

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2010, 12:19:50 AM »

Didn't see it mentioned

Folklore

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2010, 12:34:17 AM »

Uncharted 2 isn't even announced as Greatest Hits in the US yet (but AFAIK, it sold over 500k in its first month, which is an automatic Greatest Hits).

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2010, 03:28:45 PM »

Uncharted 2 isn't even announced as Greatest Hits in the US yet (but AFAIK, it sold over 500k in its first month, which is an automatic Greatest Hits).

I don't know where Dice lives. I live in Europe and it's platinum here.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2010, 10:18:59 PM »

Are we talking PS3 exclusives? Because if you don't have an Xbox, then you've got a lot of games to play. If it's just exclusives, inFamous, Shatter, and Wipeout HD are three games that haven't shown up yet in the thread, are very good and are pretty cheap ($15-30).
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2010, 11:54:35 PM »

I know it's not a PS3 exclusive, but has anyone mentioned Resonance of Fate yet? It's hard, but very unique.

Get Valkyria Chronicles. I guarantee you will love it. It's easily one of the best strategy games I've played. It's beautiful (but I also can't beat Chapter 7) :(

I haven't played Uncharted 2 yet. I need to. Thanks for reminding me, gang!

There's a good amount of PSN games worth a look at. Fat Princess is great, and I've heard decent things about Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement.

I also bit the bullet and tried PSN plus today. You get a lot of games free (Fieldrunners and Wipeout HD and I think a zombie shooter game). Fieldrunners is worth the price alone.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2010, 02:49:09 AM »

I've heard decent things about Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement.

Yeah, me too. But I don't really like this types of games.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2010, 07:58:48 AM »

Are we talking PS3 exclusives? Because if you don't have an Xbox, then you've got a lot of games to play. If it's just exclusives, inFamous, Shatter, and Wipeout HD are three games that haven't shown up yet in the thread, are very good and are pretty cheap ($15-30).

I mentioned all those games except shatter...

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2010, 05:35:15 PM »

I mentioned all those games except shatter...

Oops. I also hear Joe Danger is good but I haven't picked it up yet so buy with caution.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: