Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 07:13:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327766 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  inFamous 2 Gameplay Footage
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: inFamous 2 Gameplay Footage  (Read 10282 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2010, 02:26:12 PM »

Poor Quality though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ttv7JQGHeI

It's like the Uncharted 2 of the Uncharted series.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 02:36:32 PM »

I see the Uncharted 2 comparison.  Looks good, but something about it has me on the fence.   Looks like they beefed up gameplay a bit to make this one more action packed.  I guess if you're going to borrow from other games you might as well borrow from some of the best like Uncharted 2.  I still wish it'd try to separate itself from the pack, though.  Also, I'm hoping for more from the environments from what I've seen here so far.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 04:27:23 PM »

I'm playing infamous right now and this will be awesome! That's not Cole though.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 06:36:14 PM »

That's what I said when I saw it too!  But they're still saying it's Cole...  Anyway, that video looks great.  I was worried when he wasn't busting out the electricity for a long time, but then he did, and I thought "whew - they were just trying to demo different stuff."  The wall-sliding stuff was sweet!  And the freaking electric tornado thing at the end...?  Exciting. :)

Along these same lines, I've been playing the demo for Crackdown 2 this morning, and although I loved the first one (and inFamous), I haven't really fallen for Crackdown 2.  Anyone else playing that and/or looking forward to inFamous 2?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 06:42:04 PM by Tooker » Logged

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 06:54:19 PM »

I loved the first one, but im really skeptical of the character make over. I thought the first Cole was great, this new one looks like he would rather go surfing and grab a burrito afterwards than fire electricity at something.
Larahl

Say, fuzzy pickles.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 10:38:07 AM »

I haven't played the first one, but I really like the music in the video.
And I'm don't like Cole's new design, either. He does look like those douchebags you meet at the beach.

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »

They're Changing Cole Back

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1108060p1.html

Thank God!

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 04:30:18 PM »

Whew.  I thought it was stupid that they said people really weren't connected with Cole in the first game.  Yes we were!  Glad they paid attention to the response to the new design.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 05:27:34 PM »

I would've minded the new design less if it seemed more like an evolution of Cole's character and less transforming him into Nathan Drake. As is, it's awkward when a sequel completely redesigns the protagonist that way.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 05:47:52 PM »

Now they just have to bring back the voice actor of the first game. I know it wont happen but man, I just played a bit of infamous and I really like cole's voice.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 06:42:08 PM »

Yeah that voice is fucking abysmal. I mean, it suits the new design, but if they're changing him back it's going to sound so retarded.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 07:20:29 PM »

Yeah that voice is fucking abysmal. I mean, it suits the new design, but if they're changing him back it's going to sound so retarded.

Definitely. I just watched the trailer again and that voice is just terrible. It sounds nothing like the cole we know, I'll have a hard time ignoring that.
If they´re so desperate to completely change him why didn't they create a completely new character instead?  You can't just completely change how a character looks and sounds and then say that it's still the same character. I'm glad they're going back to the old cole design but that voice isn't going to work with that kind of character.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 11:35:20 AM »

New gameplay trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha4mUawS_os

It's unreal how much they improved the graphics over the first game. That ability to pick up cars and throw them like they're toys fucking rocks.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 12:10:44 PM »

I was given the opportunity to actually play this (which is only being shown being closed doors at PAX) and I turned it down...

Let me smack myself a few more times...

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 12:13:48 PM »

That was good stuff.  I was worried earlier that it was going to be geared pretty much just toward melee combat with his new spark plug mace, so I was happy to see familiar lightning zaps, grenades, etc.  

And chuckin trucks is awesome. :)

—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: