Author Topic: inFamous 2 Gameplay Footage

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
Re: inFamous 2 Gameplay Footage
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2011, 04:36:42 PM »
It sounds like you haven't played the first game, Mickeymac.  Keep in mind that when the PSN store comes back online (whenever that will be...) inFamous is one of the free games Sony is offering for their welcome back thingy.  It would be a good time to pick it up.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2011, 05:10:08 PM »
It sounds like you haven't played the first game, Mickeymac.  Keep in mind that when the PSN store comes back online (whenever that will be...) inFamous is one of the free games Sony is offering for their welcome back thingy.  It would be a good time to pick it up.

Depending on how long it lasts, I may just do that.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Farron

• View Profile
    • Mayonaka Reviews
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2011, 06:40:04 PM »
Infamous is long for one thing so it should keep you occupied. It's well worth 60 bucks, let alone free.
Just to encourage you, the beginning I thought it was "OK" but it suddenly gets better and better.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2011, 07:09:27 PM »

Depending on how long it lasts, I may just do that.

The game is huge and has replay value.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2011, 07:49:04 PM »
I meant how long the Welcome Back Packages last. I can't get a PS3 until I get a Job, though I do have a pre-existing PSN account. Sorry for not being specific.

As a side note, I'm not the kinda person who judges a game by it's length. It can be the shortest game ever and I'll still love it, so long as it's good.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 07:51:29 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2011, 07:50:21 PM »
I meant how long the Welcome Back Packages last. I can't get a PS3 until I get a Job, though I do have a pre-existing PSN account.

Oh, lol, I think it's a month. Good luck ;-)
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Farron

• View Profile
    • Mayonaka Reviews
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2011, 03:57:38 PM »
I meant how long the Welcome Back Packages last. I can't get a PS3 until I get a Job, though I do have a pre-existing PSN account. Sorry for not being specific.

As a side note, I'm not the kinda person who judges a game by it's length. It can be the shortest game ever and I'll still love it, so long as it's good.

You could log in a friend's PS3, just click the download option from his PS3, just so the game is added to your bought items list. Then when you get your own PS3 you download it.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2011, 04:50:20 PM »
I was going to suggest that, let's hope he has access to a PS3.

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2011, 04:56:54 PM »
There's also the PlayStation Web store, too.
THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2011, 08:48:08 PM »
But does any of that work if you didn't have an account before the failure?
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2011, 12:17:58 AM »

You could log in a friend's PS3, just click the download option from his PS3, just so the game is added to your bought items list. Then when you get your own PS3 you download it.

That could work. I'll try that next weekend.

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2011, 02:40:07 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh2-buVJPd0&hd=1

Here's some inFamous 2 Beta action to keep you busy with your hype. The ending of this mission is... pretty intense, to say the least.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2011, 06:12:14 AM »
But does any of that work if you didn't have an account before the failure?

No, it only works on accounts that existed before PSN was shut down.

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2011, 01:23:12 PM »
That's what I figured.

I am frustrated right now that this game doesn't come out 2 days sooner, for a stupid reason.  I got the Hero edition, and I'm leaving 2 days before release for a trip where I could really use that backpack...
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2011, 04:25:54 PM »
Loved the demo.
Visually it's a generational leap.
Throwing cars around never gets old. Buildings now have vertical power lines that allow you to climb them faster. Most powers from the first game are unlocked from the start.

If you own a PS3 do yourself a favor, download the first game from the PS store when the welcome back package goes live and then pick up the sequel.