Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 07:22:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329783 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  inFamous 2 Gameplay Footage
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: inFamous 2 Gameplay Footage  (Read 10324 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2011, 04:11:56 PM »

Well,
Code:
Kuo's reasoning was that if Cole kills the Beast with the RFI, then all people with the Conduit gene will also die (which happened in the good ending).  If he doesn't use the RFI, then all of the people with the Conduit gene will live, even if lots of other people get the plague and die.  I'm figuring that the evil ending will be "everybody died but the people with the Conduit gene."

But as you say, none of that explains why John ever goes Beast.  It also doesn't explain why the lady he saved even had the plague in the first place, since they've kind of set it up that people with the Conduit gene are immune to it.  I'm not really upset by those plot holes, though - the game was still plenty fun. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2011, 04:47:22 PM »

Well,
Code:
Kuo's reasoning was that if Cole kills the Beast with the RFI, then all people with the Conduit gene will also die (which happened in the good ending).  If he doesn't use the RFI, then all of the people with the Conduit gene will live, even if lots of other people get the plague and die.  I'm figuring that the evil ending will be "everybody died but the people with the Conduit gene."

But as you say, none of that explains why John ever goes Beast.  It also doesn't explain why the lady he saved even had the plague in the first place, since they've kind of set it up that people with the Conduit gene are immune to it.  I'm not really upset by those plot holes, though - the game was still plenty fun. :)

Code:
Just having the gene isn't enough to be imune, they have to awaken their powers, that's what John did, he cured her by awakening her powers.
As for Kuo's argument, what I'm saying is that the people with the plague that have the gene but haven't awakened their powers would be saved by
 the RFI, only those who actually became conduits would die which in the grand scheme of things are by far the minority. But yeah, in the end she was
 just trying to save herself, can't really blame her.
I wonder if that lightning at the end has a special meaning...

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2011, 11:50:06 AM »

Oh my - just got the bad ending, and it was rough.  I mean, well done, but if you get it, you'll see what I mean.  Still missing just a few trophies.

Sweet!  They just told me that since I've finished both sides, I get all powers, good and bad. :D

Edit: aw, bummer.  I have ACCESS to them, but I have to unlock them.  Still, they gave me 15000 XP, so I'll probably be able to buy everything as soon as I unlock it.

Double-edlt: just did some math.  That's not nearly enough XP.  Oh, well.  Good thing I still need to complete a bunch of user-generated content to get a trophy.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:54:19 AM by Tooker » Logged

—Kurt Vonnegut
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2011, 12:17:00 AM »

Double-posting to say that I got Platinum this morning. :) Got lucky on the 3 precision headshot trophy and ran into some ice men fighting rebels. One of the ice men was a guy who makes towers, so I got on a building looking down at him, hit precision and nailed him three times in a row. Didn't even need any other dudes.

Then I focused on good karma user missions (most of which turn out to be "heal this pile of people"), seeing if I could get myself back above Infamous. Did it, but I don’t think I'll bother to do enough more to completely "redeem" myself. Got the Platinum, think I'll call it good and move on to other games.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2011, 09:51:27 PM »

inFAMOUS 2: 5 Standout UGC Missions
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2011, 06:33:55 AM »

Almost done with my evil playthrough. Like with the first I'm having more fun being evil. Damn, Cole looks bad ass in evil mode, wouldn't want to walk into him in a dark alley.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:34:25 AM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2011, 11:31:06 AM »

Some of those missions look pretty awesome, Yggdrasil.  Wonder if there's any way to specifically search for them?

CDFN - looking forward to hearing what you think of that ending.

—Kurt Vonnegut
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2011, 03:47:27 PM »

CDFN - looking forward to hearing what you think of that ending.

I loved it, I was afraid that they wouldn't go all the way with this but they sure did.

Code:
Killing Nix and Zeke with your own hands... that was something else. I thought they would find a way to avoid that but fortunately Cole was forced
 to deal with the consequences of his choices providing some pretty intense scenes, pushing R1 to kill Zeke in cold blood was the most memorable scene
 in the franchise for me. Cole becoming the Beast and finishing off what was left of humanity was unexpected and fighting alongside the beast was pretty
 cool, you get a completely different perspective, I was imagining myself jumping from boat to boat trying to get away during my previous playthrough.

Where could they possibly go from here? Maybe that lightning at the end of the good ending does ressurect Cole? Or maybe it's really over? The game
 sold really well though, I wonder if they'll just drop the franchise like that? Maybe a new protagonist?

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2011, 11:59:19 PM »

Code:
pushing R1 to kill Zeke in cold blood was the most memorable scene in the franchise for me.

Me too. :)  I thought that was definitely the right way to handle it.

As for a sequel,
Code:
I can't see a good way for it either.  It's not like the first game, where you were in roughly the same position either way.

If they make the good ending canon, all of the people who could have powers are dead.  So they would have to either resurrect somebody or pull a "20 years later" where someone was pregnant with a Conduit baby.

If they make the bad ending canon, you could play as someone in Cole's army, fighting the human race.  Then you could decide whether to be "evil" and continue the fight against the humans or to be "good" and try to find a cure for the plague and a way for everyone to live in peace.  I think that's the version I'd prefer.

—Kurt Vonnegut
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2011, 07:05:49 AM »

At least they give a satisfying explanation for how vampires will appear in new marais:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/09/01/infamous-2-festival-of-blood-witness-the-resurrection/

I just don't see how this fits into either ending since

Code:
Zeke is narrating it which implies he's alive. Cole only lives in the bad ending but Zeke dies...

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2011, 09:48:25 AM »

My guess is that it'll be set some time during Infamous 2.

—Kurt Vonnegut
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2011, 10:21:30 AM »

My guess is that it'll be set some time during Infamous 2.

At gamescom they said it's after so everyone assumed the bad ending would be canon.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2011, 11:41:25 AM »

Oh, I missed that.  Well, in that case, I'm with CDFN.

—Kurt Vonnegut
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2011, 01:34:17 PM »

Oh, I missed that.  Well, in that case, I'm with CDFN.

I'm with him too :-)

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2011, 06:14:23 AM »

Festival of blood will have move support AND they will update the main game to support move as well. I have to admit I'm curious to try it out.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: