Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 05:02:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327632 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Maple Story...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Maple Story...  (Read 3307 times)
Dyne

CronoDyne CronoDyne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 03, 2006, 02:05:08 AM »

Does anyone play this game?  I haven't tried it out yet, but it seems kinda interesting.  Plus, its free to play.

Also, for those who do play it, can dial-up users play normally?  One thing that sucks for us dial-uppers is that we cannot play some of the good MMORPGS out there without super fast speed.

Currently Playing:

PS2
- Tales of Legendia
- Grandia III

PSP
- Tales of Eternia

Waiting for...
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Suikoden V
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 02:14:03 AM »

Well, I'll be blunt.

I found no redeeming qualities about this game. But, it would probably run fine on dial-up.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

Played it for a short while early last year. It looks fun and it was at first, but really can get super tedious and its flooded with players all over the place so I barely get any kills.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 06:08:59 PM »

The game is jam packed full of assbags.
The in-game community is so full of kill stealers, and you'll easily get frustrated when you get higher leveled, and everyone gets desperate for experience. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the phrase "This is my spot," during my time with the game.

That said, it's fun for a bit, but once it starts taking you seven hours to level up, you'll lose interest.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 06:28:43 PM »

In terms of free MMORPGs, it's probably one of the best ones out there. But it loses it's appeal quickly since there's not much more to the game other than jamming CTRL over and over until the monster is dead. Most people end up standing around in town, using the game as some kind of AIM with pretty graphics.

Personally, the best online free game I know if is Gunbound, though that isn't really a RPG. What's annoying about it is the kids that like sliding mommy's credit card to get ultimate gear and own you like crazy. But, for any free online game, they're probably going to put SOMETHING like that in just so that they can keep the game going. Bleh.
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 09:24:16 PM »

I thought this game was trash. Comunity, gameplay and everything else.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 09:31:27 PM »

It was okay but it got annoying when I had to go leave the computer for a minute when I was in a good party and they thought I was just using them for experience so I got kicked out of it. I played the game for a week at most.
Phoenix

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 08:53:42 PM »

began playing last november, and i actually found it fun for a long time. lost interest 2 months ago because of the same in game routine, but i just got interested again. xD

I agree the game is filled with a lot of kids, but it's not that difficult to train and get experience if you really try. In my experience the people are pretty nice, and supportive if you don't act like a moron or 'n00b'.

anyway for my full opinion on the game just check out my review: (to lazy to resay my review lol) http://www.animesecrets.org/games/maplestory/maplestory.html

Scree

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 07:54:32 AM »

Played it almost everyday for maybe a month or so. I tried to level up everyday and soon I was at like lv 30. It began to become really hard to do aything. People like it was previously staed were real assbags and it was hard to find places to fight where they weren't 20 or 30 people already there. If you want a free mmo time waster than go for it.

Chimpbot

ChimpbotD piccolo141@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 04:52:06 PM »

Quote from: "Hathen"
In terms of free MMORPGs, it's probably one of the best ones out there.

That's a lie, and you know it.
Tying my shoe makes for a more entertaining game than Maple Story.

Do yourself a favor and turn back before you even step foot into that game. It's simply not worth the effort.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: