Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 07:28:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327140 Posts in 13390 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Arevan: The Bitter Truth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Arevan: The Bitter Truth  (Read 6978 times)
over_cloud9
Day Dreamer

Love RPGs on PC

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2010, 09:45:48 AM »

For those who enjoyed playing RMVX games like Lilly and Sasha,Eternal Eden,Eternal Twilight,Deadly Sin,etc, I thought of bringing up our upcoming commercial game into your notice.The game is still under development and is scheduled to release in Aug-Oct 2010.I could have posted it at that time,but thought of informing players who might be interested.Under our 'Customer Loyalty' program,new or existing customers of our site who are eligible as per this program will get this game for FREE.This offer is valid until the game releases.For more information on this,you can visit this page.

Coming back to the game,you can visit the game page - Arevan: The Bitter Truth to read about the story and view more screenshots.Here are some interesting features of the game explained with screenshots that you'll find in the finished product.Not all features are absolutely new if you are familiar with RMVX games,but little extras here and there are added to perk up your game play. I would like to know what do you think about it?

Features:

Story: Original story woven in-depth, exploring the many sides of human nature and its idiosyncrasies. Non linear choices throughout the game make it highly replayable and interesting every time you play it.

Characters: Seven playable characters from different interesting backgrounds are available. The game offers sudden choices and unexpected decisions to be made which controls the life and death of some characters. Your wrong decisions can wipe out some of your party members entirely.
Pascal ranting:
Changing party members:

Skill system: A unique skill system where your party learns a skill or spell only when they consume the skill pills. Characters don’t gain skills on levelling up but need to acquire skills by using these pills on them. Each pill can be consumed only once by one team member, so they need to be invested wisely.
Skill pills:

Battle system: You have the option to opt out of the main or boss battles when you lose the fight and proceed in the game. Players who love challenge will enjoy defeating the bosses while those who are keener on the story can continue the game without having to keep on trying the battle. The monster encounters are all visible and the battles feature a front-view and turn-based interface. You also have the option to scan your enemy to take note of its strengths, weaknesses, drops and steal items!
Front view battles:
Scan your enemy:

Puzzles and minigames: Highly rewarding and mind-bending puzzles that are present only in secret and special dungeons for those who would are ready to take up the challenge. The game also has the ‘pearl gathering’ mini game.
Football match:

Side Quests: Engaging side quests that make you explore interesting civilizations, discover pleasant easter eggs and enjoy funny incidents.
Save the mermaid!
Where is Harry Potter?
Example of your quest journal:

Game options: Extra game options includes – adjust volume, enable dashing, disable battle animation, zapping through dialogues and four flavours of custom window skins to choose from- Broken Wood, Dew Drop, Aqua and Frosted Glass.
Configure game options:

Additional features: like on-map-one-click menu/save/End-game access and character HUD, quest journal, mouse and key board controls, in-game tutorials, auto-battle system and unlimited save slots and ‘anywhere save’ will perk up your overall game play experience.
Menu HUD on map and mouse control:
Inside the pyramid:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:15:11 PM by over_cloud9 » Logged

Check out the screenshots and features of my upcoming RPG -
Arevan:The Bitter Truth
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 10:13:31 AM »

What about the music?  Is it original compositions, stock music, or a mix of both? 

I approve of this nonsense!
over_cloud9
Day Dreamer

Love RPGs on PC

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 10:16:54 AM »

You can say it's a mix of both original and stock music with approx 75% of original composition.I thought of creating a video to give an idea of the music,but since most parts of the game isn't quite ready yet,so thought that it would be better to create a video after it's complete.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 10:21:44 AM by over_cloud9 » Logged

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 04:32:10 AM »

It looks very pretty, I love the character art.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
over_cloud9
Day Dreamer

Love RPGs on PC

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 04:34:51 AM »

Thanks,our artist Niki had been very cooperative in making them better and better :) .I'd been very nit picky but the result was good at the end.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 08:28:53 PM »

I'm assuming your *game* has spaces after commas and periods?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 09:07:24 PM »

Does it come with a Prima strategy guide?

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
over_cloud9
Day Dreamer

Love RPGs on PC

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 11:48:19 PM »

I'm assuming your *game* has spaces after commas and periods?
Sorry but I didn't get you?

Does it come with a Prima strategy guide?
No,but it would not need a guideI hope.The quest journal should be of your help.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 04:01:04 PM »

Your post. You don't put spaces after periods and commas when you write. You're supposed to. I couldn't tell from the screenshot if your game has the same typographical issues or not. If it does you should fix it.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

over_cloud9
Day Dreamer

Love RPGs on PC

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 04:06:03 PM »

Oh...yes I'm using spaces after punctuations in the game because the dialogues won't look good if there weren't any space.but thanks anyway :)

over_cloud9
Day Dreamer

Love RPGs on PC

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 07:09:41 PM »

The game has been released friends. You can visit the link I've mentioned in the first post.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 04:39:01 AM by over_cloud9 » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: