Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 07:22:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319201 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Obsidian Would Like To Work On Chrono Trigger
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Obsidian Would Like To Work On Chrono Trigger  (Read 7774 times)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010, 09:05:29 AM »

I wonder if this is just a reflection of the times.  Our generation is stuck in a rut regarding life (i.e. the economy, bleak job prospects), movies are stuck in a rut (look at all the remakes of 1980s flicks), gaming is stuck in a rut as evidenced by threads like this all the time, it seems like art imitates life. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2010, 12:36:26 PM »

I wonder if this is just a reflection of the times.  Our generation is stuck in a rut regarding life (i.e. the economy, bleak job prospects), movies are stuck in a rut (look at all the remakes of 1980s flicks), gaming is stuck in a rut as evidenced by threads like this all the time, 

Its called getting old. Kids these days don't listen to the same bands you do. Their fashion sense looks fucking ridiculous compared to the adult clothes we wear. Bring up the subject of vampires and old fogies will tell you about Buffy the Vampire Slayer whereas damn kids will bring up Twilight. Today's music would be considered to be loud noise to us what with those damned Vuvuzelas.

I bet many posters on this forum will at least once a week look outside of their house and shout at the kids to get off their lawn.

it seems like art imitates life.

Holy Crap. Stop the presses. Somebody just realized that Art is an imitation of Life. I can't believe that someone out there remembers that the whole fucking point to art to begin with was to imitate and abstract that which occurs in real life.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010, 01:08:24 PM »

Its called getting old. Kids these days don't listen to the same bands you do. Their fashion sense looks fucking ridiculous compared to the adult clothes we wear. Bring up the subject of vampires and old fogies will tell you about Buffy the Vampire Slayer whereas damn kids will bring up Twilight. Today's music would be considered to be loud noise to us what with those damned Vuvuzelas.

I find it hilarious that you think Buffy the Vampire Slayer is old...

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 04:18:46 PM »

Their fashion sense looks fucking ridiculous compared to the adult clothes we wear.

I dress the same way I have since like 7th grade :(

Actually I still wear some of the same shirts.

I bet many posters on this forum will at least once a week look outside of their house and shout at the kids to get off their lawn.

Yeah but that's just because the local neighborhood kids kill cats for fun. They're creepy insane inbred weirdos. It's like a fucking X-Files fucking itself, on meth. Eat a dick, Batman. 2x dicks 2x.

Anyway I think part of it is just people realizing their old favs actually sucked and now they want to remake them but, like, so they're actually... good.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2010, 07:43:48 PM »

I think a western styled remake of an old JRPG is an interesting idea, actually. I'm betting if this wasn't Chrono Trigger but rather some more obscure one like Treasure Hunter G you guys wouldn't be nearly as hesitant about it.

If it was a game like that then no one would give a shit.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2010, 11:04:50 PM »

Fuck you Treasure Hunter G was awesome
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 01:40:29 PM »

Fuck you Treasure Hunter G was awesome

Yes it was!

Currently playing: Dark Souls II (PS3)
Waiting on: Drakengard 3, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010, 03:27:50 PM »

The Chrono series is dead, like super dead. Why do you want to make a zombie out of it? The games were good, but the world doesn't need more Chrono games.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2010, 07:14:17 PM »

The world doesn't need more square games in general.

B)

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2010, 12:10:05 AM »

Let Obsidian do a Chrono game and let Squeenix do a KOTOR game.

Win/win. :D

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2010, 11:34:14 PM »

Oh man, Obsidian better not touch my Chrono Trigger. Turning it into a western RPG when it screamed JRPG even in 1995 would be murder.

Please don't touch my goddamned Trigger.

Also, have to mention that Star Ocean 4 is basically all bad JRPG cliches rolled into one. I think I made a drinking game of how many times Reimi juts her butt forward or is naked for no explicable reason.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:37:48 PM by Lucca » Logged

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2010, 08:20:27 AM »

The only chrono remake I ever want/wanted to play was chrono  resurrection ;_; ...r.i.p
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 08:22:27 AM by Chronix112 » Logged
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2010, 12:51:34 PM »

Oh man, Obsidian better not touch my Chrono Trigger. Turning it into a western RPG when it screamed JRPG even in 1995 would be murder.

You do realise that Obsidian remaking Chrono Trigger now won't change the Chrono Trigger you played in 1995, right?

It won't go away. You can play it at any time, on three different consoles!

I guess I just don't see what the big deal is.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2010, 01:05:32 PM »

You do realise that Obsidian remaking Chrono Trigger now won't change the Chrono Trigger you played in 1995, right?

Aww, c'mon. This is RPGfan! Many of us complain irrationally when remakes are proposed. Let me have my turn! :(

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2010, 01:21:09 PM »

Besides it can't be any more different than Cross was.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: