Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 11:26:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335180 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  i'm know i'm late but..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: i'm know i'm late but..  (Read 1234 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 06, 2010, 09:43:30 AM »

some of my friends often laugh at me when i tell them the last castlevania game i truly enjoyed was bloodlines. but i can no longer say that because Order of Ecclesia rocks . of course those same friends will probally say i only like it because the main char is a female. the truth is i never liked the metroid style games. i need the sense of acomplishment that this game gives because it sorta has levels. and of course it doesnt hurt that the music is sweet too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SNredsfyBI

as soon as i heard this one i knew the game would be good D:

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 04:00:56 PM »

CHARLOTTE!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 05:55:45 PM »

I thought SotN was great and then I got to the second castle and it really crapped out. That was just really half-assed.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 07:32:56 PM »

I thought SotN was great and then I got to the second castle and it really crapped out. That was just really half-assed.

I thought it was pretty clever. Although it had a backlash on the following games when either the second castle was a letdown or there was no second castle and you were 'That's it?'

Besides that the game also got better the further you got into it because the weapons and powers got crazier.

As for Ecclesia I was never able to play it. I walked into EB at the start of the year asked for FF4, DQV, Ecclesia and etrian odyssey 2. And they didn't have a single one. Found FF4 easy enough at sears, DQV at the grocery store of all places, but never found the other two. Before I took the search online the hinge on my DS broke.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:41:42 PM by Raze » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 08:22:49 PM »

the second castle in SotN is just the first, upside down, and without all the interesting power ups and puzzles and things. The lack of any real new content was the problem. Also it's really short so all the cool stuff you found towards the end of the first castle is... well, you can't really play with it much.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 06:43:33 AM »

this talk of castles is precisely why i like ecclesia. its more like castlevania 2 or 3 or bloodlines since your not stuck in a castle for the entire game. you dont even see a castle till the 2nd half of the game. so you get to go to different exotic locales.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 09:22:57 AM »

I really like the castle and RPG aspect. Then again I'm a big Metroidvania fan in general. The sense of exploration and returning to areas with new abilities is wonderful, especially when the castle is as big and complex as SOTN.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 02:33:55 PM »

I loved Symphony of the Night and Circle of the Moon, but when Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia finally let you leave the castle, it was a "Thank God!" moment for me. The ruined town and circus areas in Portrait of Ruin were so cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: