Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 10:04:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338559 Posts in 13857 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Age 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Age 2  (Read 70846 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: July 08, 2010, 02:40:40 PM »

Dragon Age 2

It's happening...not sure how I feel about this, to be honest.  I really liked the first one, but this seems way too soon.  I haven't even gotten the Awakenings expansion yet.  The first game was amazing in large part because of all the care and detail put into it and now I can't help but feel that they're rushing things.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 03:03:33 PM »

Only human races this time.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 03:24:44 PM »

I really liked the first one although not as much as the majority of people. I hope they make it so that the Mage class does not totally outclass the other two classes.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:39:42 PM by Darilon » Logged

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 03:37:18 PM »

Dragon Age 2

It's happening...not sure how I feel about this, to be honest.  I really liked the first one, but this seems way too soon.  I haven't even gotten the Awakenings expansion yet.  The first game was amazing in large part because of all the care and detail put into it and now I can't help but feel that they're rushing things

Same thing, and I thought I would be thrilled to hear about a DA2. Seems like the PC version of DAO was ready since March 2009, so a release during 2011 doesn't seem so far-fetched. I imagine it will be DA2 next year and ME3 in 2012.

About the game, from what I've read the main character Hawke will be similar to Shepard, ie fully voice-acted for both male/female.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:39:26 PM by Draak » Logged
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 03:52:18 PM »

The Awakenings expansion was rushed. It was pretty bad if you went straight to it after completing DA:O. Having beaten the game with all origins and all classes, I cant wait to play DA2. I hope they are limiting the PC's race to provide a more meaningful choice system. You could make tons of choices in DA:O, but there was very little consequence for doing so.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 04:06:45 PM »

DAO was my favourite game of the last few years, and I can't say I'm exactly enthused by any of the details released so far. Hopefully it's just marketing spiel but 'introducing a more dynamic combat system' sounds an awful lot like they're turning it into yet another action RPG. DAO on the PC was one of the few games left that played like Bioware's old titles and a move in the other direction would be very disappointing for me. Still, I remain hopeful, there isn't enough information yet to draw conclusions.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »

I'm going to miss my Elf characters and I'm also going to miss the Origin plots.I had so much fun with them.Looking forward to Dragon Age 2 anyways

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 06:48:54 PM »

If DA:O and Awakening was setting the foundation for future games, hopefully this time around they can be really polished and far more engaging.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 07:09:03 PM »

It's happening...not sure how I feel about this, to be honest.  I really liked the first one, but this seems way too soon.

I don't see how it's too soon.  It is very possible that Bioware has streamlined their development process.  Hell, Final Fantasy VIII through XI all released within a year of one another, and prior to VIII, Final Fantasy VII released only two years earlier.  That's five Final Fantasy games in six years.

At any rate, I eagerly await Dragon Effect to arrive.  I will miss playing an elf rogue though.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 07:43:28 PM »

When I first saw that bit about the new dynamic combat experience, the phrase "dumbed down for consoles" instantly came to mind.  I have a feeling I won't be wrong, either.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 10:07:07 PM »

I loved DA:O so hard, but I too feel conflicted over this news. I like the idea of having a cinematic experience like Mass Effect in that there is a single, pre-determined main character, but I will miss the Origins. I mean, I know there's enough differences (for me anyway) that'll keep DA2 from being a Fantasy Mass Effect, but I still kinda wanna see how it develops. I don't wanna start bitchin' yet, too early to make a call on this one.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 10:50:38 PM »

we all know this game is basically morrigans baby grown up and then we go make cool stuff happen ok gr8
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 11:04:46 PM »

we all know this game is basically morrigans baby grown up and then we go make cool stuff happen ok gr8

It'd be kind of funny if they treated it as a huge plot twist, assuming they ARE running with that angle.

And... yeah, I'm a little concerned they may be going too much in a console/ME direction here. Not that I doubt they would still churn out a great game, but it seems like it'd be invalidating part of the point behind Dragon Age in the first place, going for a more "traditional" style of Baldur's Gate and Knights of the Old Republic.
Kyle
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 11:34:28 PM »

You guys are right on. Let's hope Bioware listens to the fans (they usually do) and doesn't create a streamlined DA. I want my complicated, old-school combat, god dammit.

And I hope the new art style isn't too modern graphic novelish. It doesn't fit the setting. Far too sterile and 'hip.'

"The things that make us happy make us wise."
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 11:40:50 PM »

For some reason I felt that Dragon Age was their way of giving something to the "hardcore" while Mass Effect was now something for the "masses".
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: