Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 11:12:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338022 Posts in 13840 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Age 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Age 2  (Read 70627 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2011, 12:14:06 PM »

When are you guys going to announce the winners of the giveaway?

I was thinking of getting the pre-order

Wow, you literally posted that as I was putting it together.  It's live now.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2011, 12:31:11 PM »

I think you made a mistake.

I did not win.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2011, 01:41:33 PM »

When are you guys going to announce the winners of the giveaway?

I was thinking of getting the pre-order

Just pre-order, most places let you cancel if you decide to and it's the last day for Signature.

Edit: Jesus, that's what I get for not checking the RSS feed or the last two posts.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:53:17 PM by Eusis » Logged
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2011, 04:10:08 PM »

FUCK I didnt win

actually I didnt even enter

DAMN YOU EUSIS
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »

From the podcast I heard this will need 4gb of ram. Is that min or max settings?
Because that's a pretty good kick in the nads for anyone still on a 32-bit system.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2011, 04:01:35 PM »

From the podcast I heard this will need 4gb of ram. Is that min or max settings?
Because that's a pretty good kick in the nads for anyone still on a 32-bit system.
The requirement's just 1GB for XP, with the recommendation being 2GB. It's higher for both on Vista/7, but those sound like they're better gotten in 64-bit anyway.

On a similar note (directly related since this is where I got the requirements/recommendations) the game's JUST put up on Steam. The day after the Signature Edition deadline passed, of course. I guess it's possible Steam isn't set up for something like that, but otherwise it comes off as pretty weak on EA's part to discourage Steam purchases.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2011, 04:02:25 PM »

EA always gives Steam users the wrong end of the stick
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2011, 11:47:40 PM »

We talked about the Steam stuff on the podcast (episode 15 I think). I had a feeling they would do it like that. It's a bummer since I might have pre-ordered it on Steam to get the Signature Edition, but it's really just business on EA's end. Steam is such a powerhouse in the digital distribution world and helping out the other services (e.g. Impulse, D2D, GamersGate) builds better business relationships with them. You can say they're screwing their Steam customers, but I for one know that I'm going to buy DA2 during one of Steam's many ridiculous sales for like $25 and spend (considerably less than) the difference on DLC.

TL;DR It's not very nice for Steam users, but I'm not going to hold it against them since I'm going to buy it on sale anyway.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2011, 12:13:11 AM »

Since they're not putting draconian DRM on their games now (and I pre-ordered early enough on Amazon for $50) it wasn't like I was holding out on Steam since I DO prefer a physical copy more often than not, I'm just kinda amazed they can be asses about it. Geez, not even a week delay or a special 1 week extension for Steam pre-orders only.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2011, 11:48:44 AM »

I motherfucking forgot to order the signature edition.

Eat shit EA. Eat it long and hard

edit: barnes and noble still have the signature edition up for 59.99.

WHOOPIE
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 11:51:08 AM by Yoda » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2011, 02:23:28 PM »

FYI there's a demo coming Feb 22nd for all platforms. I think they previously announced that only PC was getting it.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2011, 12:22:28 PM »

Playing the demo on xbox.

Game is going to be a lot of fun if you liked the 1st one.

I picked a female mage.

They throw you into combat right away. This probably isn't as good looking as some of the great looking PC rpgs out there but the visuals are much improved. The combat animations are really great as well. More awesome voice acting already.

One change in the gameplay I like is when you select a spell or whatever in the radial menu it doesn't close automatically, so you can switch to the next character and choose something instead of having to repause.

After you play a brief battle they take you to character modification, which doesn't work for the demo.

edit:
up close the character models look about the same, maybe a bit better, but the major uplift is in the detail of the environments. much better looking.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:25:29 PM by Yoda » Logged
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2011, 01:31:50 PM »

Are mages still super overly broken in the way that not making your hero a mage is gimping your entire party?
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2011, 01:53:34 PM »

Are mages still super overly broken in the way that not making your hero a mage is gimping your entire party?

I don't know, my 1st playthrough of DA1 was w/ a warrior hero and my party wasn't gimped.

So far I've only tried the mage briefly, will try the demo as a rouge and a fighter later.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2011, 05:01:30 PM »

Demo downloading now on PC and later on 360 and PS3. I'm still playing through Dragon Age: Origins (in Redcliffe), so it will be interesting to see how the battle systems stack up. I'm less excited about the graphical stuff since DA:O already looked pretty nice on PC, but we shall see. Also, fingers crossed for controller support on PC so I don't have to consider the console versions even if I like their control scheme better.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: