Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 04:30:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340816 Posts in 13926 Topics by 2221 Members
Latest Member: alceste007
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Age 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Age 2  (Read 71661 times)
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: March 14, 2011, 11:34:22 AM »

Hell th OS alone would chug through that memory like a fat man with chocolate milk

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: March 14, 2011, 01:39:22 PM »

Hell th OS alone would chug through that memory like a fat man with chocolate milk

No kidding. I have windows 7 64bit and 8 gigs of ram. My computer averages using over 3 gigs of it.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: March 14, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »

It sort of boggles my mind that an OS could need that much memory.  Of course, I run Linux with a minimalist windowmanager ('cause that's the way I like it).

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: March 14, 2011, 04:21:33 PM »

No kidding. I have windows 7 64bit and 8 gigs of ram. My computer averages using over 3 gigs of it.

I keep getting these shitty Dell magazines at work advertising this "amazing" work machine that has Windows 7, 2GB of ram, and a generic intel core processor for around $400.  I would HATE to have to use that during my day to day tasks (or use it, period).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: March 14, 2011, 05:05:32 PM »

Hehe,
I actually am an IT assistant for New York State. I emailed Thoreen's "build" to a couple of friends I have here. We got quite a kick out of his leet gaming rig.
Oh, and don't get a Dell. EVER

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: March 14, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »

Greetings fellows of the superior race. We are now able to enjoy friendly fire without the nightmare difficulty.
http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2194

Remember companions, a day is not complete until we kick the console heathens in the balls.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #381 on: March 14, 2011, 07:23:42 PM »

Eh, you can build a passable rig in the $4-500 range.  It's not gonna blow the doors off of anything, but this entire argument is silly as it is.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 14, 2011, 07:29:31 PM »

I think the important point is that while console gaming will be cheaper unless you are literally starting from scratch (and possibly not even then!) a good gaming PC is not astronomically expensive. You can build some very respectable computers for sub-$1000; just look at some of the examples on ibuypower.com.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: March 14, 2011, 07:50:54 PM »

I think the important point is that while console gaming will be cheaper unless you are literally starting from scratch (and possibly not even then!) a good gaming PC is not astronomically expensive. You can build some very respectable computers for sub-$1000; just look at some of the examples on ibuypower.com.
you can turn that respectable computer into an absolute beast if you know how to overclock properly.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 08:34:11 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: March 14, 2011, 08:06:19 PM »

Dunno if this has been posted buuuuuuuuuuut

http://i.imgur.com/BEZOe.png

What the fuck, Bioware. Seriously.

tl;dr version - Bioware employee does review stuffing at metacritic.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #385 on: March 14, 2011, 08:13:08 PM »

That's concerning, but the question here is was the employee acting on his own or was he doing so at the behest of PR?  It seems odd than an engineer would be tasked with doing this, so I'd think it was the former.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 14, 2011, 08:40:33 PM »

That's concerning, but the question here is was the employee acting on his own or was he doing so at the behest of PR?  It seems odd than an engineer would be tasked with doing this, so I'd think it was the former.

Same here, PR would probably do it under their own account and hide their tracks better. This is probably just a guy who really loved how the game turned out or is just really frustrated with the trolls spamming low reviews.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:10:35 PM by Eusis » Logged
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: March 14, 2011, 08:45:13 PM »

Or PR got the engineer to post the review so that if it got back to him everyone would think it was the engineer acting on his own and not some PR shadiness.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: March 14, 2011, 08:57:03 PM »

To be fair, I think it's fair considering masses of idiots rate down the game for no reason other than hearsay. I mean, if you have honest problems with the game like Parn, or even just don't like it without specific reasons, I can understand and respect that. But having something you worked on and are proud of being dragged through the mud by a legion of whiny monkeys who just want to hate on everything can get old, quick. The commentary on that image proves my point.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: March 14, 2011, 09:34:30 PM »

The review in question has been taken down so I can't check myself whether or not the guy disclosed his status as a Bioware employee or not, but look, if you think people are unfairly judging your product there are means with which that can be addressed, but upvoting your own product on Metacritic is NOT one of them.

Besides. They lied about it containing DRM. They deserve whatever they get.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:38:05 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: