Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 10:47:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341350 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Age 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Age 2  (Read 72012 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: March 14, 2011, 09:39:09 PM »

I stopped being outraged by video games a long time ago, and to be honest I am more inclined to blame EA than Bioware on that front. Consumers have a serious entitlement complex which disgusts me now so if a developer wants to say "our game is great" then I don't see the harm.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: March 14, 2011, 10:08:47 PM »

Okay I actually haven't been paying much attention to the hubbub because I don't have decent/modern hardware. I don't think complaining about DRM is an entitlement issue, myself, and am always happen when people flip out over it because it annoys me a bunch (also my laptop can't play SecuROM protected games for some reason). However maybe most of the reviews HAVEN'T even been focusing on that but on really stupid petty bullshit which would fall under the entitlement umbrella.

Keep in mind that I also think most fans are very stupid about the requests they make of developers and really should be ignored by game devs because the vast goddamn majority of fans have no idea what they're doing/talking about and if anyone took all of their 'cool ideas' seriously you would end up with Battlecruiser Millennium*.

THAT being said I do know that most of the Amazon.com review bombing of Spore was out of rage over the pretty draconian DRM it had. Which I supported hefilty. THAT that being said my support was less out of caring about DRM and more because I thought Spore looked pretty stupid from the get-go and I have a thing for schadenfreude.

* The irony if that Derek S***t bans people from his forums for making suggestions.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: March 14, 2011, 10:46:28 PM »

Hopefully more of you can finish Dragon Age 2 this week.Then we discuss the meat of the RPG,story.

Many plot holes are in DA2 even after its finished.Would love to hear theories.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: March 14, 2011, 10:55:34 PM »

I'll be posting on that in a few hours.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 14, 2011, 11:02:29 PM »

Technically it's not Securom apparently, just some other Sony DRM-type thing that makes sure you don't install/play before the release date. Of course being so anal as to throw that on for the few people that can get it before the street date is boneheaded to me given how the console owners can go ahead and play it anyway.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: March 14, 2011, 11:20:51 PM »

Did any of you use the online store or whatever it is?

I have the game but have to rely on a wireless connection, and I don't have a wireless xbox adapter. So is it worth waiting or should i play the game?
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #396 on: March 15, 2011, 12:56:03 AM »

We're gonna be podcasting about DA2 and the end of the week... and I have to say, my thoughts are going to be very positive. I think this game is awesome, plain and simple. Streamlined in places, sure, but I'm having a blast of it, and really enjoying the cast.

And I agree-- consumers have an absurd entitlement complex, and it makes me really grind my teeth when I see a preview of a game where the devs are obviously trying to make something great and the first comment is always, "This looks like trash, meh. I will not be spending my hard-earned money."

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: March 15, 2011, 01:07:53 AM »

I want to enjoy it but the repetitive combat and environments as well as a mediocre plot and abysmal character cast is really killing it for me. This is basically a B-Team Bioware project and it really shows.

But hey as long as you enjoy it more power to you.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #398 on: March 15, 2011, 01:12:04 AM »

I don't think the combat is any more repetitive than any other RPG. Environments, yeah, but the cast is awesome. They keep me playing.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: March 15, 2011, 01:16:04 AM »

I can see people having problems with the story, but the characters? What?

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: March 15, 2011, 01:17:58 AM »

I don't think the combat is any more repetitive than any other RPG. Environments, yeah, but the cast is awesome. They keep me playing.

What RPGs are you comparing it to? The waves of spawning enemies just feels so.. blergh. I don't think "other rpgs are repetitive" is really a sound point to make either.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: March 15, 2011, 01:27:18 AM »

It seems like DA:O's combat, just that you have to mash the attack button more.

I do hate the 'spawning out of nowhere' crap though.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: March 15, 2011, 02:18:15 AM »

What RPGs are you comparing it to? The waves of spawning enemies just feels so.. blergh. I don't think "other rpgs are repetitive" is really a sound point to make either.

To be fair he didn't actually say that other rpgs are repetitive so it's ok if this one is too
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: March 15, 2011, 02:31:58 AM »

I wish I could say that I love it.  I'm mostly annoyed that I had to start over because of a ridiculous, unfixable glitch that stopped me from progressing.  Shame on you, Bioware.  This was also a problem in pre-patched Origins.

Well, more power to you guys, I hope you enjoy the game.  I just think something like this isn't acceptable.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: March 15, 2011, 02:42:28 AM »

The quests are so fucking bad too. Screw this MMO-quest design bullshit.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: