Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 12:31:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334796 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Age 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Age 2  (Read 69615 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #405 on: March 15, 2011, 04:11:37 AM »

I love the quests too. Nearly all of them actually have some story to them. Good stuff.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: March 15, 2011, 07:09:52 AM »

To be fair, I think it's fair considering masses of idiots rate down the game for no reason other than hearsay. I mean, if you have honest problems with the game like Parn, or even just don't like it without specific reasons, I can understand and respect that. But having something you worked on and are proud of being dragged through the mud by a legion of whiny monkeys who just want to hate on everything can get old, quick. The commentary on that image proves my point.

I agree. I feel sorry for game developers sometimes. It's not like the game is broken or unplayable. Give your opinion respectfully and don't play it if you don't like it. Game development isn't a joke, it's hard work, show some respect for the work that went into this.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #407 on: March 15, 2011, 07:36:43 AM »

To be fair, I think it's fair considering masses of idiots rate down the game for no reason other than hearsay. I mean, if you have honest problems with the game like Parn, or even just don't like it without specific reasons, I can understand and respect that. But having something you worked on and are proud of being dragged through the mud by a legion of whiny monkeys who just want to hate on everything can get old, quick. The commentary on that image proves my point.

Well-stated.

I agree. I feel sorry for game developers sometimes. It's not like the game is broken or unplayable. Give your opinion respectfully and don't play it if you don't like it. Game development isn't a joke, it's hard work, show some respect for the work that went into this.

PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: March 15, 2011, 08:15:52 AM »

Didn't somebody else just say something to the same effect in the Worst RPG thread but everyone just poo poo'd him?
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: March 15, 2011, 08:25:49 AM »

Didn't somebody else just say something to the same effect in the Worst RPG thread but everyone just poo poo'd him?

I'm not keeping up with that thread but that's my opinion for games in general except if they are actually broken or unplayable for whatever reason. Sometimes people have the right to be outraged because some games reach the market in a state that clearly shows that they were rushed or are just a quick attempt to make some easy profit like most movie to game adaptations.
This game doesn't fall into that category and if you have issues with some design choices you should let the developers know with a polite message, not by spamming the internet with negative reviews/comments full of ridiculous hyperboles, like "this is the worst game ever" or similar nonsense.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: March 15, 2011, 09:20:21 AM »

I'm not keeping up with that thread but that's my opinion for games in general except if they are actually broken or unplayable for whatever reason. Sometimes people have the right to be outraged because some games reach the market in a state that clearly shows that they were rushed or are just a quick attempt to make some easy profit like most movie to game adaptations.
This game doesn't fall into that category and if you have issues with some design choices you should let the developers know with a polite message, not by spamming the internet with negative reviews/comments full of ridiculous hyperboles, like "this is the worst game ever" or similar nonsense.

Whoops, well it was only two posts after your last response to the thread. The game in question is KH2. Not really fitting what you describe at all.

As for what I do when I dislike a game like DA2? I don't buy it. That's the best thing you can do.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: March 15, 2011, 09:35:13 AM »

Whoops, well it was only two posts after your last response to the thread. The game in question is KH2. Not really fitting what you describe at all.

As for what I do when I dislike a game like DA2? I don't buy it. That's the best thing you can do.

I just checked the thread. I didn't enter the whole "effort" debate but that's pretty much the point I'm making. I am guilty of having said in my last post in that thread that KH sucks. I know that's not the right way to put it, the game obviously has its merits, but I already gave my opinion about it on this forum a long time ago and I'm not going to repeat it everytime it comes up. Those games aren't for me but I don't want to sound too harsh so I'll say that they are quality products, just not my cup of tea. I stand by what I said about the first few hours of KH2 though, they are incredibly boring.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: March 15, 2011, 12:28:11 PM »

There's an obvious difference between making a forum post among a limited community on your opinion, and posting a low score on a game just because you heard it's awful simply because you just want to throw around e-hate.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:31:04 PM by Leyviur » Logged

MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: March 15, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »

You can say you think something sucks and not be a dick about it. Only crazy fanboy zelots would really have an issue with you there. I don't like dragon age 2 and I played the demo. I think it sucks because I didn't have fun, however, I'm not going to a Bioware or EA forum and being a shithead about it. That's just stupid.
I also loved a couple of games that seem to catch a lot of hate, namely Beyond the Beyond and Legend of Dragoon. Despite people enjoying them or not, both the games showed a lot of investment by their respective devs. I don't really think they earned the wrath of gamers everywhere for the right reasons.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: March 15, 2011, 02:24:26 PM »

Am I going to get banninated if I write my opinion of DA2 when I finish it?
I just started the 'after 3 year' so I think I'm nearing the end. Although it can take a lot of time since I'm doing every quest... and boy there's a lot of those.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #415 on: March 15, 2011, 02:27:56 PM »

Am I going to get banninated if I write my opinion of DA2 when I finish it?

No.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: March 15, 2011, 04:08:04 PM »

Only if you post said opinion at Bioware or EA's boards

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
PSP - Disgaea
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #417 on: March 15, 2011, 04:14:34 PM »

I think that the biggest reason people are disappointed is that the overall story feels disjointed and a little anticlimactic.  It's not the story of Hawke going on an epic quest to save the world.  It's the story of Kirkwall, not of Hawke.  He's not Shepard - at the end of the day his job isn't to kill the Reapers or the Collectors, and he's not the Warden, where his job is to destroy the Blight.  He's just a dude.  A champion of the people, but not a world-saver.

I find that interesting and I find the individual character interactions to be amazing.  I can see why some people wouldn't, though.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:16:41 PM by KeeperX » Logged

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #418 on: March 15, 2011, 04:25:51 PM »

I think that the biggest reason people are disappointed is that the overall story feels disjointed and a little anticlimactic.  It's not the story of Hawke going on an epic quest to save the world.  It's the story of Kirkwall, not of Hawke.  He's not Shepard - at the end of the day his job isn't to kill the Reapers or the Collectors, and he's not the Warden, where his job is to destroy the Blight.  He's just a dude.  A champion of the people, but not a world-saver.

I find that interesting and I find the individual character interactions to be amazing.  I can see why some people wouldn't, though.

I agree, the story is basically about these characters and their lives. There isn't some world-destroying cataclysm at its heart, which is pretty refreshing. Plus, the cast kicks ass. I love the party chat, and everyone has that ME2-style depth to their characters. I dig it.

MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: March 15, 2011, 04:36:04 PM »

They did a pretty good job of presenting that in the demo, but that's really the only thing I really liked about the game.  I really really wanted to like this one.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
PSP - Disgaea
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: