Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 05:12:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334803 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Age 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Age 2  (Read 69627 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: March 25, 2011, 09:05:50 PM »

Anders is definitely bisexual, Fenris possibly as well.  Well, Fenris is debatable, but Anders is, without question. He tells you that "His first" relationship was with that Tranquil NPC during the chantry quest.  That means if you're male, he's gay and if you're female he's bisexual.
If you romance Fenris, as both male and female he leaves because the sex reminds him of his master.  That doesn't mean he's gay or bisexual, but it does mean he's had men before in the past.

Either way, while this type of thing isn't game-breaking for me, I think Gaider's being a bit obnoxious when he says things like "it's our world, the sexuality plays by our rules!"  He pretty much said the same thing in a post about Leliana reviving if you had killed her in DA:O.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: March 26, 2011, 10:35:51 AM »

Afterthoughts from the lead designer (lots of'em):

http://www.1up.com/features/dragon-age-2-afterthoughts

I don't care about this game but I suppose this will be an interesting read for some of you.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: March 26, 2011, 02:54:37 PM »

Personally, I think the "everyone's bi" thing was a great idea.  I was one of those who didn't like being locked out of some romances in Origins due to picking a certain gender.  I just took it as being able to have more options per playthrough.

That being said, I'm not sure I'd ever want to romance Varric.  Not because he isn't attractive, but because he just comes off as the "awesome friend" type, like the type of cool, somewhat jaded, yet wise and understanding bartender that keep slinging you drinks while you tell him your woes then throws out a line that solves just about everything.  Okay, so that's not the best way to describe it but that's the best way I can think of to describe him.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: March 26, 2011, 03:50:50 PM »

God damn that's actually being shared here?

I think it's more an indicator that Bioware failed to accommodate anyone except maybe bisexuals that want to score with everyone with no effort. But I'll just have to play the game someday and see for myself, I've just heard of cases like being locked into "you can only flirt" scenarios with characters like Anders, regardless of gender.

No such "locked into flirt" thing exists. Flirt options have a heart symbol on them and are very obvious. You can pick being interested, flattered but neutral or flat out "not interested".
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 04:01:11 PM by bigdeath » Logged
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: March 27, 2011, 07:49:35 PM »

I officially got sick of Kirkwall.Did bioware honestly expect me to enjoy this city anymore for over 40 visits?

In Origins,I had Denerim,Orzammar,Redcliffe,Lothering and Amaranthine if you had the Awakening DLC.

Dragon Age 2 Kirkwall Expansion

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: March 28, 2011, 04:19:38 PM »

Actually, who found it creepy when Isabella goes to Ander's clinic and asks him to use magic to cure her STDs?
That was... erf...
ldave82

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: December 10, 2011, 05:09:20 PM »

I'm a new PS3 user and looking for some RPGs to play with. Can you recommend this game to a guy, who usually playes jRPGs? I heard the first one was better, but this is more console friendly.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 10, 2011, 05:31:44 PM »

I'm a new PS3 user and looking for some RPGs to play with. Can you recommend this game to a guy, who usually playes jRPGs? I heard the first one was better, but this is more console friendly.

I'd just get... no, Witcher 2 is coming to 360 with the PS3 version hinted at at best. Well, how about... no, Skyrim has a nigh-unsolvable glitch on the PS3 version, so 360/PC for that.

... Hunt down Mass Effect 2 instead.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: December 10, 2011, 06:07:30 PM »

Even though I personally think this game is fun I'd have a hard time recommending it to anyone.

I think if you stick to main quests it'd be acceptable, but if you do all the side missions there is a LOT of environment repetition.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 10, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »

It's probably worth going to if you get enough of a taste for WRPGs, but if it's new or mostly new to you, you're probably better off finding something else that isn't so divisive. So in that regard, yeah, check out the original game anyway. More than enough people liked it on consoles that it's still worth playing there, this isn't like Ultima 7 on SNES or something where one of the most beloved PC games became an embarrassment that was brutally hacked away at.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: December 10, 2011, 08:51:40 PM »

yeah, totally get the bundle for DA1. Awakenings is a solid add-on if you can get it for cheap.

DA1 was a great game
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 10, 2011, 11:52:39 PM »

What Eusis said. Mass Effect 2's a better starting point, and also $20 on PS3 (including most DLC, ha).

NANOMACHINES, SON.
ldave82

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: December 11, 2011, 05:45:46 AM »

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll look into Mass Effect, the problem is I don't really like alien-themed scifi stories (I prefer stories like Spin and so).
The reason I thought about Dragon Age 2 is that from the gameplay videos it looked like a fast, action based RPG with some FF12 like "gambit" system.

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: December 11, 2011, 01:58:25 PM »

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll look into Mass Effect, the problem is I don't really like alien-themed scifi stories (I prefer stories like Spin and so).
The reason I thought about Dragon Age 2 is that from the gameplay videos it looked like a fast, action based RPG with some FF12 like "gambit" system.

Dragon Age 2's gameplay is dramatically "faster" and felt far more "action oriented" to me.... And that is typically a good thing IMO when speaking about any RPG with real-time-combat.... However, that being said, the fact alone does NOT translate (for me at least...) to a better title than the first.... I'm a JRPG fan for the most part, but the first Dragon Age was enough to sway me.... heck I even went so far as to play through the expansion and do a ton of the optional stuff..... Dragon Age 2 however did not hold my attention in this way at all... In fact I didn't even finish Dragon Age 2 and it is not in my backlog of "games to conquer someday". It did however remind me why I enjoy staying on the JRPG side of the coin, which is (admittingly) a matter of taste based largely on how things are executed stylistically.

The long and short of it? I say you can't go wrong with Dragon Age Origins.... Seems to be agreed upon as a solid title across the board (even by JRPG nuts like myself...)..... in other words, safe starting point for PS3 RPG's.....

Now to de-rail the whole direction of all of this.... I say forget about all this Dragon Age stuff and try White Knight Chronicles (I thought it was decent even if no one else dug it), Disgaea 3/Disgaea 4 (my top pics, though not action oriented at all, they are completely SRPGs) or Nier (lots of others seemed to like it despite the piss poor reviews).

Well thats my two or three cents invested in the matter. Happy-Gaming and welcome to the board!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 11, 2011, 04:58:34 PM »

Nier (lots of others seemed to like it despite the piss poor reviews).

A result of having gameplay that's merely serviceable combined with compelling story/characters, not to mention the occasional odd, unexpected twist in gameplay.

But if he's looking for WRPGs then those suggestions aren't much good, or are outright redundant. Oblivion and Fallout 3 don't seem to have been as badly off on PS3 as Skyrim was (best to verify online though), and if he's willing to look back further he can start with the classics at GoG.com. There'll be a sale starting Monday too, so there's a good chance a lot of stuff like Bioware/Black Isle games could be on sale, then there's the Ultima series that were key to creating the genre in the first place, though I'd probably just skip to VII or try IV for free to see if he can even swallow DOS based, read-the-fucking-manual-and-supplements game.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:06:21 PM by Eusis » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: