Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 01:07:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327197 Posts in 13393 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Vanquish, Bayonetta meets Casshern?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Vanquish, Bayonetta meets Casshern?  (Read 10004 times)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 04:42:23 PM »

It'll be a great game no doubt about it.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »

I still don't buy Bayonetta because of the "fiasco" that happen with the port. I don't plan to get a 360 just for one game that I can play in my PS3, but I guess that sooner or later I will buy it.

After all, the patch fixed the game (a little): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv-Wrr-ULVY

But still, how do you screw that up?

Bayonetta is the best action game ive played since DMC 1. I never understood why people didnt buy it because the shadows werent "shadowy" enough. You make the game seem unplayable...

I never bothered to look at the comparison vids, all I know is that its been the only game thats made me feel the urge to platinum it.

I just want Vanquish to have some bad ass music in addition the fast gameplay.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 05:22:21 PM »

I still don't buy Bayonetta because of the "fiasco" that happen with the port. I don't plan to get a 360 just for one game that I can play in my PS3, but I guess that sooner or later I will buy it.

After all, the patch fixed the game (a little): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv-Wrr-ULVY

But still, how do you screw that up?

Bayonetta is the best action game ive played since DMC 1. I never understood why people didnt buy it because the shadows werent "shadowy" enough. You make the game seem unplayable...

I never bothered to look at the comparison vids, all I know is that its been the only game thats made me feel the urge to platinum it.

I just want Vanquish to have some bad ass music in addition the fast gameplay.

The quality of the port is insulting.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 05:25:19 PM »

So to "punish" them, you punish yourself? What would be insulting is if they didn't even try.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 05:44:41 PM »

So to "punish" them, you punish yourself? What would be insulting is if they didn't even try.

To be honest I tried the demo and the game didn't appeal to me. But I don't spend my money on a half-assed game, that's for sure. If they think they can just do a half-assed port and still have people running to the store to throw money at them they are very wrong indeed, at least as far as I'm concerned.

The fact that you're talking about punishment is friggin' hilarious, you wanna know what's punishment?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-bayonetta-faceoff

Oh yes, check that second video, while the 360 version is running at a solid 60 fps the PS3 version runs at 20, yes 20, despite the inferior graphics. The guy writing the article says that the game sometimes becomes unplayable, you can't have a game like this running at such a ridiculous frame rate, the fact that this even made it to stores deserves nothing more than a huge FUCK YOU, I'm not even going to waste more of my time writing about this atrocity.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 05:54:55 PM »

Jesus Christ man, yeah its so unplayable that I didnt get the platinum on it. I was just joking, lol. You are so right man, I didn't understand that this game was so unenjoyable until someone else told me so. Dodged a bullet there, im glad I have others to think for me.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 05:59:26 PM »

Jesus Christ man, yeah its so unplayable that I didnt get the platinum on it. I was just joking, lol. You are so right man, I didn't understand that this game was so unenjoyable until someone else told me so. Dodged a bullet there, im glad I have others to think for me.

Yeah, yeah, have fun with it. Buy another copy while you're at it, they deserve it for all the hard work. Maybe if a lot of people buy it they wont bother next time either, yeah that would be good.
Fortunately they seem to have learned the lesson.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 01:28:33 AM »

Learned what lesson? The Vanquish team is not the Bayonetta team..
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 04:22:52 AM »

Learned what lesson? The Vanquish team is not the Bayonetta team..

It's still platinumgames and according to this post on their official site:

http://platinumgames.com/2010/08/26/programming-the-engine-behind-vanquish/

Vanquish uses an improved version of bayonetta's engine. The post is from the guy in charge of the tech behind the PS3 version and I quote:

"We also tuned the title so that if you play Vanquish on the PS3 or the Xbox 360 you should notice little to no differences. Even the developers on the Vanquish team have a hard time telling the two versions apart at a glance… So no matter which console you have, you have nothing to worry about!"

So obviously there is a concern about the quality of the port, they are aware of what happened with bayonetta and are tuning the tech, so yes, they seem to have learned the lesson.
I don't say things randomly.

hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 05:36:51 AM »

I agree with CDFN on that Bayonetta topic. Consumers have the right to refuse buying such a mediocre attempt at a port. I played the game on the 360 instead. Bullshit like this makes me glad I bought both consoles.

And it seems that having the PS3 as the lead platform for Vanquish was a good call.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 09:56:11 AM »

I honestly think its going to be the music that makes or breaks this game. From all the videos, the action and combat is there. "Tough" guys can relate to Sam since he smokes, has gruff voice, and has some stubble all while being a DARPA scientist. The only thing missing from all the trailers is the in game music, I just want this game to be the best it can be...
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 01:13:28 PM »

Bayonetta had fantastic music that totally set the feeling of the game.

I still think people should play it, even if on the PS3. Its so damn good. It doesnt feel as imposing as DMC does, but at the same time has the depth of those games.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 03:59:58 PM »

I think people should at least watch the live action version of Casshern to get ready for this game. I watched it a few years back when it released and only had shitty subs that didnt match the dialog -_-
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 06:34:07 PM »

Challenge for the Demo of Vanquish by community manager, Julian Mehlfeld.

And about the Demo being a prequel I'm not too sure.

I think people should at least watch the live action version of Casshern to get ready for this game. I watched it a few years back when it released and only had shitty subs that didnt match the dialog -_-

Never watched the movie, looks fun tough. I recommend to check out Casshern Sins is the "last great new anime series" that I watched (is from 2008). It's short and sweet in every single way.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 04:53:07 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 11:46:12 AM »

Nice, I didnt know about that, ill check it out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: